Transfer Portal Porta Potty | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Porta Potty

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
FAU and SDSU were playing the last weekend of the season with a bunch of players no one had heard of prior to the Sweet 16. Forgive me if I don’t get too worked up about the latest flavor of the moment.

Reaction Score
Would be a gut punch to Stewart and Ross, but you don’t pass up talent like that if he wants to come. He’ll end up at some big money school anyways.
Really so we tell kids to come here, if you don't keep your word. T hat's going to get around. Don't ya think one kid not worth screwing our new found chances to land some of the highest talent in the land. I'm really looking forward to seeing Ross & Stewart personally.
I like to laugh at St. John’s and Pitino as much as anyone, but is not getting some random MAAC player that big a deal?
It's not some random MAAC player that's the point.

Reaction Score
He's not going to St John's when he has his pick of any school in the country
You're probably right but you never know about Jersey kids wanting to play at MSG and making nice NIL

Reaction Score
I like to laugh at St. John’s and Pitino as much as anyone, but is not getting some random MAAC player that big a deal?
Awful take.

Clayton is an All-MAAC First Team selection as a sophomore. He would have easily started for St. John's next season and will start for Florida next year.

All-SEC potential who really has no weaknesses in his profile as a combo guard. Honestly, if he ended up at St. John's, or any Big East team for that matter, I wouldn't blink if he had a Devin Carter-like impact next season.

Reaction Score
Nelly Joseph, another transfer from Iona cut to 2 & St Johns isn’t on it either. This is a little more shocking than Clayton IMo
Nelly Junior Joseph ended up at New Mexico, which I love the fit.

Udeze graduated, so he's instantly the third best player on a team with House/Mashburn in the backcourt, two three-star recruits from the '22 class and two four-star recruits this season.

New Mexico reminds me a bit of UConn where their fans always show out and treat their basketball team as the thing in their state.

Reaction Score
Nelly Junior Joseph ended up at New Mexico, which I love the fit.

Udeze graduated, so he's instantly the third best player on a team with House/Mashburn in the backcourt, two three-star recruits from the '22 class and two four-star recruits this season.

New Mexico reminds me a bit of UConn where their fans always show out and treat their basketball team as the thing in their state.

The stuff you know about college basketball amazes me. I've heard of one of the players in your post and it's only because we played Iona in the tourney.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Awful take.

Clayton is an All-MAAC First Team selection as a sophomore. He would have easily started for St. John's next season and will start for Florida next year.

All-SEC potential who really has no weaknesses in his profile as a combo guard. Honestly, if he ended up at St. John's, or any Big East team for that matter, I wouldn't blink if he had a Devin Carter-like impact next season.

Devin Carter like impact? You mean flop and flail and milk home court officiating to a forgettable first round exit? Got it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A lot of posters predicting Florida to win the SEC off an Iona guard no one had heard of a month ago.
Don’t remember anyone saying that. But would you have said the same about RJ coming out of Howard? Even Tristen basically played for a mid major at ECU.

Reaction Score
A lot of posters predicting Florida to win the SEC off an Iona guard no one had heard of a month ago.
A lot of people not hearing of him a month ago is more about people having lives and not watching MAAC basketball. It's not an indictment on the kids talent or ability. He was the player of the year and he was their leading scorer putting up 15 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds against us, you know the Natl champs. Not amazing numbers but our defense made more well known players from top programs perform worse. He may not be all world but he is not a scrub either. Rick Pitino and UF felt he was worth their time to recruit hard. But hey, maybe random internet cranky guy who can't admit he may be off base is right.

Reaction Score
A lot of people not hearing of him a month ago is more about people having lives and not watching MAAC basketball. It's not an indictment on the kids talent or ability. He was the player of the year and he was their leading scorer putting up 15 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds against us, you know the Natl champs. Not amazing numbers but our defense made more well known players from top programs perform worse. He may not be all world but he is not a scrub either. Rick Pitino and UF felt he was worth their time to recruit hard. But hey, maybe random internet cranky guy who can't admit he may be off base is right.
You gotta cut Nelson some slack. Nelson is all about the bigs & dgaf bout any guards.

Still remember his time as the Chairman of the Josh Carlton Fan Club. He just needs a new target now.

Reaction Score
rick pitinio learning the lessons that many of learned before him: its hard to get quality players to come to a mid-major league that no one watches on tv
cincinnati will soon learn the lesson that syracuse and boston college learned before it: it's hard to get quality players to come to your school when you're a bottom-feeder program in a money-hungry conference that has abandoned its basketball identity.

Reaction Score
I mean this will due respect up' because I do respect your opinion particularly as it relates to an insiders POV of college administration: So What?

People are people, whether they are part time, full time, making minimum wage or salary. Winning and losing a room is just that. Cooley clearly didn't win this one at the moment the pic was snapped.

Its a snapshot in time and obviously not the complete story on Cooley's "likeability" which is the tangential subject at hand.

He went too far in his post game at UConn and looks even more foolish for it now, the why behind that is well covered.
He completely botched his exit at Providence.
I'm not sure he hasn't jumped the shark.
I'm just saying if people are not thrilled to be there it's likely because they took time away from what they are otherwise doing in order to make it to campus for this meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom