Transfer Portal Porta Potty | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Porta Potty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably at low major schools but I seriously doubt any coaches at Georgetown are part-time and make that little. And definitely not the soccer coach, that is for certain.
Mid majors. Also assistants at high majors.

Reaction Score
Assuming those are head coached, this is hard to believe. The head cross country coach at Eastern Connecticut makes $85k a year and was hired last year as a D3 coach. I know it's state vs. private but still.
He's making great money then.

The HC at St. Bonaventure and Niagara for soccer moonlight there, both D1.

Their assistants run 3 or 4 premier academy teams, travel soccer clubs, HS soccer coaches, and are basically involved in a lot more other ventures, including individual training. I know someone who stepped down from D1 coaching to take a job with an ECNL club for $25k a year. He's a gym teacher in city schools.

Same story for a volleyball coach I know (best friend of my young brothers) on the west coast. D1 at a public school.

I'm amazed at the Eastern cross country coach. What else does he do?

Reaction Score
A lot of posters predicting Florida to win the SEC off an Iona guard no one had heard of a month ago.
I actually knew him from last year in his freshman year- jumped off the screen last year for Iona- no surprise he was then conference player of the year this year- think you are underrating him a bit- he is a top 10 transfer according to Evan Miya as well.

Reaction Score
rick pitinio learning the lessons that many of learned before him: its hard to get quality players to come to a mid-major league that no one watches on tv
Well not for us, but apparently for others.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
New Mexico reminds me a bit of UConn where their fans always show out and treat their basketball team as the thing in their state.
Agree. I've been in New Mexico this week wearing my UConn hoodie around and I've been stopped several times with a "congratulations" or "you must be having a great week" before getting into conversation. (I reminded them that NM State set the stage for this year's run.)

Basketball fans abound.

Reaction Score
He's making great money then.

The HC at St. Bonaventure and Niagara for soccer moonlight there, both D1.

Their assistants run 3 or 4 premier academy teams, travel soccer clubs, HS soccer coaches, and are basically involved in a lot more other ventures, including individual training. I know someone who stepped down from D1 coaching to take a job with an ECNL club for $25k a year. He's a gym teacher in city schools.

Same story for a volleyball coach I know (best friend of my young brothers) on the west coast. D1 at a public school.

I'm amazed at the Eastern cross country coach. What else does he do?
Looking at his LinkedIn, he does Cross Country & Track & Field.

As a comparison, women’s rowing coach at UConn makes $105k and the Women’s swimming coach makes $90k. So not much of a difference between d3 and d1.

Assistant coaches doesn’t surprise me. It’s basically a volunteer job at any level of a non major sport.

Reaction Score
Looking at his LinkedIn, he does Cross Country & Track & Field.

As a comparison, women’s rowing coach at UConn makes $105k and the Women’s swimming coach makes $90k. So not much of a difference between d3 and d1.

Assistant coaches doesn’t surprise me. It’s basically a volunteer job at any level of a non major sport.
Why tf are we paying rowing and swimming coaches $100k…

What type of ROI is that generating? Seems like an obvious place to cut costs.

Reaction Score
Nah, I'd rather have Jaylin. He's probably not going to be better his freshman year but it looks like he's going to be a stud by his 2nd or 3rd year.

I think Jaylin Stewart is going to be sneaky good. Didn't get a ton of exposure playing out in the PNW. Dude has a Big East ready body right now and is quite skilled on the offensive end. He'll be a decent contributor off the bench next year.

Reaction Score

The women’s tennis coach is paid $93k, the track and field coach is paid $180k, softball coach $103k, golf coach $94k.

Has a lot to do with Title 9 on the women’s side.

Reaction Score
The women’s tennis coach is paid $93k, the track and field coach is paid $180k, softball coach $103k, golf coach $94k.

Has a lot to do with Title 9 on the women’s side.
Pretty sure some of the salary comes from endowments or donations.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Not when you have an alumnus with a net worth of $500 million dollars throwing big money to UConn for those sports.

Reaction Score

The department is 53 million in the red and you think paying a coach 100 grand is helping in any way to solve the problem? That’s not a massive salary anyway

Hoopcrazee

Hoopcrazee
Reaction Score
View attachment 87221

This resume doesn't scream "great coach". You call him a great guy but then talk about his infidelity.... You say its hard to win at Providence, the 2023 Final four included FAU and SDSU, both very far from basketball powerhouses/ great recruiting areas... Maybe Cooley has been exposed as a phony
He's a fraud...Not winning at PC is a lame excuse....

Reaction Score
The department is 53 million in the red and you think paying a coach 100 grand is helping in any way to solve the problem? That’s not a massive salary anyway
You would fit well in a university administrative role…

Reaction Score
You would fit well in a university administrative role…
I just live in the real world….100 k for a d1 coach in the northeast isn’t outlandish, it’s not 1985 like when you musta graduated

Reaction Score
He's a fraud...Not winning at PC is a lame excuse....
Cooley is a good coach. Did a great job at Fairfield and providence. He will do well at Georgetown. He can recruit and solid game coach. He is now massively overpaid but so are a lot of people.

Reaction Score
Cooley is a good coach. Did a great job at Fairfield and providence. He will do well at Georgetown. He can recruit and solid game coach. He is now massively overpaid but so are a lot of people.

The great thing is that this debate will be resolved on the court. I think he is a great floor raiser and PC has a ceiling. He has landed a couple of big portal pickups and most of their targets have yet to announce.

Reaction Score

I think "good" and "fair" are probably apt descriptors. He's just not great. Hurley is great. Pitino is great. Mcdermott is great. Cooley is a middling high-major coach who has outed himself as a pretty bad person in the last month.

Reaction Score
This thread cracks me up....

7hu493.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads