Transfer portal part 2 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
This is interesting. And at a quick glance it would seem she has 2 years left of eligibility. My only question is doesn't Maryland have a lot of wings already. I mean she's super talented and add her if u can but how does she fit with sellers, Briggs, and miller.
Maryland’s best bet might be to reposition its wings in the post within situational flows. That’s not overly dissimilar from what Reese did this year (although she was the de facto 5 almost all the time) and the B1G isn’t exactly known for its physical post dominance. This still leaves a glaring gap outside of conference play, but if you’re Frese right now your back is semi-against the wall and I’m not aware of a quality big in the portal as of yet.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is interesting. And at a quick glance it would seem she has 2 years left of eligibility. My only question is doesn't Maryland have a lot of wings already. I mean she's super talented and add her if u can but how does she fit with sellers, Briggs, and miller.
I don't believe that to be correct if you are talking about Abby Meyers of Princeton. To get an extra year (COVID) of eligibility you must have played during the 20-21 season. The entire Ivy league decided to forgo sports for the 20-21 academic year. Abby has played 3 full season therefore she has 1 year of eligibility remaining-baring some convoluted waiver process. BTW Abby is headed north when she is done at Princeton-to UCONN. :D

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
A complete waste of bandwidth. Can’t believe anyone reads it.
This World Exposure Report first showed up a few years ago, and one of our colleagues did some checking, I'd give credit to the fine detective, but my geriatric memory isn't what I'd like to think it used to be.

Turns out it's a one man band, staffed by a gent with copious community college assistant coaching experience, but rather short tenure at each stop.

Make what you will of that stellar career trajectory. :D

E2F618F8-3A2C-4A15-B6C5-5ADA49462437.jpeg

Reaction Score
And I'd venture a guess that that's the only transfer we take, regardless of the players we have leave.
I don't agree I think we'll probably lose a player or 2 to the portal ourselves and probably add one more. I don't see us turning a big transfer if someone like Reese wanted to play here. We'd make sure we'd have the room.

Reaction Score
I've really lost track - can anyone summarize who the top PGs in the portal are? Are any of them grad transfers? After Friday night's display, just asking for a friend... :oops:
Is it your thinking that Paige and Nika can't do the job? Or being that you are a Stanford fan, that Haley Jones doesn't work at that position?

Reaction Score
I don't believe that to be correct if you are talking about Abby Meyers of Princeton. To get an extra year (COVID) of eligibility you must have played during the 20-21 season. The entire Ivy league decided to forgo sports for the 20-21 academic year. Abby has played 3 full season therefore she has 1 year of eligibility remaining-baring some convoluted waiver process. BTW Abby is headed north when she is done at Princeton-to UCONN. :D

My understanding of the rules is you get the extra year whether or not you played.

Reaction Score
Meyers has followed Maryland since she was in high school. She's already familiar with the Terps and their transfer issues. Terp fans will be screaming for Brenda's head if she doesn't land Myers. She is the cornerstone of the rebuild.
I had a feeling as soon as I heard Owusu was in the portal that Meyers may be transferring to Maryland.

Reaction Score
I had noticed a change in her demeanour over the past year. A lot more frustration and the number of player control fouls surprised me. With respect to conditioning, I get where you're coming from however I tend to bristle at this comment at the same time.

Conditioning is one thing, however if fans think she had to be skinny/muscular to be in shape, then I have to disagree. I've known people for whatever reason never looked "athletic" but were in phenomenal shape, beating out their team mates in conditioning drills/testing. I've also seen the reverse where people who look fit are in crappy shape overall.

For example, players like Aaliyah Boston and Stefanie Dolson. This past year, there have been stories out that talked about what they did to eat better and get into better shape. From what I've seen, their frames do not look overly muscular (or they don't seem to be to me), but we all know this is not the case. I agree that as an athlete you have to be in shape, but I hope fans understand it isn't always the body type/build that's the indicator.
She said conditioning, never said she was overweight, so why bristle?

Reaction Score
This World Exposure Report first showed up a few years ago, and one of our colleagues did some checking, I'd give credit to the fine detective, but my geriatric memory isn't what I'd like to think it used to be.

Turns out it's a one man band, staffed by a gent with copious community college assistant coaching experience, but rather short tenure at each stop.

Make what you will of that stellar career trajectory. :D

View attachment 75348
Believe it or not I did the same thing shortly after it popped up and actually posted a link to this guy’s bio here on the BY. A very impressive background for this big time CEO who may possibly even have his own laptop. I wonder if he works out of McDonald’s for the free Wi-Fi. I can’t wait for his next Breaking News.

Reaction Score
So Saxton is staying and we're adding Fletcher to roster. I'm just going to take a gamble and say that WER doesn't know what they're talking about. Color me surprised by this groundbreaking discovery.
I wonder what that looks like for Amihere. I wanted to see at least one year where she started. She’ll never get the chance to truly show what she can do with more time on the floor.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Believe it or not I did the same thing shortly after it popped up and actually posted a link to this guy’s bio here on the BY. A very impressive background for this big time CEO who may possibly even have his own laptop. I wonder if he works out of McDonald’s for the free Wi-Fi. I can’t wait for his next Breaking News.

Here he is pretending his electric shaver has 3g coverage. Grammar is not his strong suit. “It is with great honor to announce…”. Maybe he flunked ESL

4D019107-6D4A-49B1-A9ED-C6CE1A575583.jpeg

Reaction Score
I wonder what that looks like for Amihere. I wanted to see at least one year where she started. She’ll never get the chance to truly show what she can do with more time on the floor.
that's what happens when you have a coach who collects bigs.............perhaps she should work on her ball handling and three point shooting this summer......;)

Reaction Score
Here he is pretending his electric shaver has 3g coverage. Grammar is not his strong suit. “It is with great honor to announce…”. Maybe he flunked ESL

View attachment 75350
His 7 jobs in 9 years prepared him well for his current prestigious position. Well, maybe not the one as the HR Account Clerk at Motlow St. But he’s definitely rising to the top of his profession.

Reaction Score
And I'd venture a guess that that's the only transfer we take, regardless of the players we have leave.
Basically, that is what we needed. A safety blanket for Raven just in case she is not ready for the keys. Fletcher can play both guard position. I still remember her from the sweet 16 game when she was giving us buckets in the second half. She had me stressing a little bit when she hit that 3 to cut the lead to 6.

Reaction Score
Basically, that is what we needed. A safety blanket for Raven just in case she is not ready for the keys. Fletcher can play both guard position. I still remember her from the sweet 16 game when she was giving us buckets in the second half. She had me stressing a little bit when she hit that 3 to cut the lead to 6.
Just finished watching that game! She’s big time! Can’t wait to see her play with Boston and Cooke especially.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Is it your thinking that Paige and Nika can't do the job? Or being that you are a Stanford fan, that Haley Jones doesn't work at that position?
The latter. Haley Jones is in my mind pretty close to the LeBron James of women's basketball. She can play point forward, and does, but you don't generally want her bringing the ball up the floor every possession, and her height leaves her susceptible to short, fast guards who are good at poking balls. She also plays the 4 a lot on defense, so we still need quick guards on defense even if she can initiate our offense much of the time.

Reaction Score
Lior Garzon, a 6-1 forward who was Villanova's second leading scorer (and leading scorer in their upset over UConn), has entered the transfer portal. Her younger sister, Yarden, is a 2022 recruit who signed with Indiana.

Reaction Score
Lior Garzon, a 6-1 forward who was Villanova's second leading scorer (and leading scorer in their upset over UConn), has entered the transfer portal. Her younger sister, Yarden, is a 2022 recruit who signed with Indiana.
she certainly played well against UConn in their first game but didn't do much in the second.......seems fundamentally sound......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom