Transfer portal part 2 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Middle Tennessee was supposed to become great when they got 2 Hayes sisters and that massively underachieving post player from Texas who's name I've completely forgotten at this point (I think she was rated #2 in her HS class?) as transfers. That didn't really pan out.
Not going to say a lot about the Hayes sisters, but talent isn't really the issue there.

And I think you're thinking of Rellah Boothe, who started at Texas, dropped to a JUCO in Florida, and then landed at MTSU. Her issues were a combination of injuries and conditioning, but had she landed in the right program out of HS, I think the trajectory of her playing career would have been wildly different.

Reaction Score
So Saxton is staying and we're adding Fletcher to roster. I'm just going to take a gamble and say that WER doesn't know what they're talking about. Color me surprised by this groundbreaking discovery.
Love the text of her tweet. ESPN just put out a 3 rd mock that had her not getting drafted.

Been wondering, with NIL dollars and the slotted WNBA rookie salary not being that large, if we’ll see the likes of Boston thinking about staying the extra year (question also applies to top talent on other programs as well)?

Reaction Score
Love the text of her tweet. ESPN just put out a 3 rd mock that had her not getting drafted.

Been wondering, with NIL dollars and the slotted WNBA rookie salary not being that large, if we’ll see the likes of Boston thinking about staying the extra year (question also applies to top talent on other programs as well)?
I think you better not get used to the 1st rounders sticking around. V needs to work on finding a mid-range. She hit a few this year, but it could use some work. Aliyah and Zia have big time agents. Some of their NIL deals will follow them. Not sure why they would want to do the college thing when the W has always been their dream. I think you'll see those 2nd, 3rd rounders stick around some. That is, of course, my opinion...

Reaction Score
So Saxton is staying and we're adding Fletcher to roster. I'm just going to take a gamble and say that WER doesn't know what they're talking about. Color me surprised by this groundbreaking discovery.
And I'd venture a guess that that's the only transfer we take, regardless of the players we have leave.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not going to say a lot about the Hayes sisters, but talent isn't really the issue there.

And I think you're thinking of Rellah Boothe, who started at Texas, dropped to a JUCO in Florida, and then landed at MTSU. Her issues were a combination of injuries and conditioning, but had she landed in the right program out of HS, I think the trajectory of her playing career would have been wildly different.
Yep, Boothe is the one. I remember her confidence before her Fr. season started, she was going to wreck everybody and average 30+ ppg that year.

Reaction Score

2rxoxu.jpg

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Somebody joked earlier it would be less work if we kept track of who's staying rather than who's in the portal. And low and behold, now players are starting to feel compelled to announce they're not entering in the portal, such as Talia Van Oelhoffen at OSU:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

No, it wouldn't have. Rellah's attitude and disrespect for her coaches and teammates at Texas from the get-go was bad; that would have been exactly the same no matter which college she had chosen. The only difference is most other head coaches would have kicked her off the team way before the season's conclusion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Good high energy defensive player. Not an offensive threat so future limited. Graves is for sure looking to bring in some serious shooters.

Reaction Score
Honestly I could see Maryland still winning the Big Ten. A core of Miller, Sellers and Briggs is very good.
Need to see who they bring in via transfer before I'd agree with you on that. Yes the core is very good, but where is their depth in the front court?

Currently, their tallest player is Miller at 6'3" and she plays guard. I don't know much about their freshman coming in to get a sense that they have the forward position filled.

Reaction Score
Need to see who they bring in via transfer before I'd agree with you on that. Yes the core is very good, but where is their depth in the front court?

Currently, their tallest player is Miller at 6'3" and she plays guard. I don't know much about their freshman coming in to get a sense that they have the forward position filled.
I wonder if Abby Meyers of Princeton is interested in transferring to Maryland? I think I remember reading that she had an interest in playing for Maryland. If I were her or her parents, I’d be concerned with this flow of players out of the program.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Abby Meyers of Princeton is interested in transferring to Maryland? I think I remember reading that she had an interest in playing for Maryland. If I were her or her parents, I’d be concerned with this flow of players out of the program.
She seems to be very popular to a lot of posters. I have no insight to provide. Haven't seen too many Princeton games.

@TerpWomenFan would you be able to answer this?

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score

Maryland currently is all guard and wing players left over or incoming. No doubt Brenda will work the portal, wonder how she'll explain the exodus of players 2 out of the last 3 seasons?

Reaction Score
She seems to be very popular to a lot of posters. I have no insight to provide. Haven't seen too many Princeton games.

@TerpWomenFan would you be able to answer this?
Meyers has followed Maryland since she was in high school. She's already familiar with the Terps and their transfer issues. Terp fans will be screaming for Brenda's head if she doesn't land Myers. She is the cornerstone of the rebuild.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
No, it wouldn't have. Rellah's attitude and disrespect for her coaches and teammates at Texas from the get-go was bad; that would have been exactly the same no matter which college she had chosen. The only difference is most other head coaches would have kicked her off the team way before the season's conclusion.
That wasn’t a dig at Texas — sorry if it came across that way.

I was under the impression that a lot of her issues were reactionary — that she wasn’t in good playing shape, which caused her to not to play well, and that led her to lashing out. I didn’t realize her locker room issues at Texas were deeper than that.

Reaction Score

Good high energy defensive player. Not an offensive threat so future limited. Graves is for sure looking to bring in some serious shooters.
Don't forget that Reese's best friend is Endyia Rogers. They visited USC together. I seriously doubt she'll find Graves' personality to her liking but you never know.

Reaction Score
Meyers has followed Maryland since she was in high school. She's already familiar with the Terps and their transfer issues. Terp fans will be screaming for Brenda's head if she doesn't land Myers. She is the cornerstone of the rebuild.
This is interesting. And at a quick glance it would seem she has 2 years left of eligibility. My only question is doesn't Maryland have a lot of wings already. I mean she's super talented and add her if u can but how does she fit with sellers, Briggs, and miller.

Reaction Score
That is an interesting player in the portal and I had high hopes for her when she came out for OSU. My question is what the heck is going on with the Beavers? They now have had some massive defections these past 2 years!

What say our NW colleagues like @LoTrader and @jonson ?
Been a rough start for OSU in the off-season (not to mention the season itself). Sorry to see Taylor Jones depart--that stings. We'll be fine w/o KB & GS. KB & GS are fine players and will be solid additions to other teams. Now that TvO has tweeted her commitment to OSU, I think others will not be hesitant about considering OSU (portal transfers & High School recruits). Even if OSU had no departures to the portal, OSU must secure a couple of solid ball handlers/perimter players for the next couple of seasons. Without these additions, OSU cannot support the strong 3/4 AA's coming into OSU next season. Note: we have 2 other perimeter players coming in next season, but I wouldn't put them in the crafty ball handler category.

Reaction Score
This is interesting. And at a quick glance it would seem she has 2 years left of eligibility. My only question is doesn't Maryland have a lot of wings already. I mean she's super talented and add her if u can but how does she fit with sellers, Briggs, and miller.
Correct. The Terps have a ton of wings. But they also need bodies. Lots of them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom