Transfer portal part 2 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
A somewhat "creative" portal target for UConn (or anyone) to try and counter Aaliyah Boston might be USC's 6'0" Alissa Pili, Pac-12 FOY in 19-20 with 16.3 ppg 8.0 rpg then slowed by injuries. She's definitely more of a wing-forward, but that's more a testament to her versatile skillset and adapting to being undersized height-wise than any aversion to the paint. When healthy, she's a beast in the paint, and knows how to use her body masterfully well beyond just relying on her strength to outmuscle or "bully ball" opponents.

I would pay good money to see Pili vs. Boston!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm totally biased and I do think she gets away with calls at times like any other player, but not the extent some make it out to be. But I will say that Boston is a very fundamentally sound player that plays with a high IQ. She plays as the officiating allows and adapts and she knows how to use body as an advantage. Whenever she's unsure about a call she actually asks(not argue) with refs what they are calling and makes the appropriate changes. She picks when to gamble and her timing is usually pretty good. Again I'm biased but I think in my attempt to be objective, she's one of the better post players I have seen as it relates to playing well without fouling. Which I find pretty remarkable given how often she is fouled and mauled in her double/triple team coverage but she doesn't really retaliate for the cheap fouls that get many post players in trouble when in a similar situation.
This 100%. Boston gets away with more than most but even if she was reffed more closely, she wouldn't be getting into foul trouble. She goes straight up defensively, doesnt reach in, and picks and chooses her moments effectively to block shots. Doesn't pick up cheap fouls, doesn't extend elbows when driving offensively. Just a really sound defender.

Brink is also a great defender but she isn't as disciplined and is prone to picking up cheap fouls and reaching in. They're easier calls for refs to make and as a result, she gets called for a lot of fouls.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This 100%. Boston gets away with more than most but even if she was reffed more closely, she wouldn't be getting into foul trouble. She goes straight up defensively, doesnt reach in, and picks and chooses her moments effectively to block shots. Doesn't pick up cheap fouls, doesn't extend elbows when driving offensively. Just a really sound defender.

Brink is also a great defender but she isn't as disciplined and is prone to picking up cheap fouls and reaching in. They're easier calls for refs to make and as a result, she gets called for a lot of fouls.
.. from an actual unbiased poster.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
THIS IS THE PORTAL THREAD!!!!

PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT SOUTH CAROLINA AND BOSTON AND BRINK AND HACK A SHAQ!!!!

Start a thread, take it to private message, but STOP filling this thread with this crap. No one is going to get the last word because you all just keep posting!

End rant! Head bang
:eek:

Reaction Score
I get anxiety just thinking about keeping up with this thread over the next month :confused:

Reaction Score
I get anxiety just thinking about keeping up with this thread over the next month :confused:
I know. It's crazy. I think I like the portal from a student athlete perspective, but it's nuts how someone's whole team can just vanish overnight. Athletes teaming up to make their own super teams. Insane.

Reaction Score
I hope some ambitious filmmaker is doing a documentary called "the portal". Lot of drama and stories here.
Surprisingly there are multiple movies with this title. :rolleyes:

1649245276317.png

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has any validity, but it could be really interesting if it does happen...

And, if it does, my bet is on Delisha Milton-Jones reeling them into ODU.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Not sure if this has any validity, but it could be really interesting if it does happen...

I should have posted this here, but just commented in Reese thread on main board about the chatter.

Reaction Score

Or with Messer at UCF

Reaction Score
They entered the portal one day ago and a “source” already has them committed?

Dawn is not the type to disregard players who have been waiting in the wings for their opportunity. I could see Owusu out of positional need but I doubt it - can’t see Owusu wanting to be a part-time PG. And not sure Reese would be an oncourt fit here despite her indisputable talent.

I’m calling bull on this source.

Reaction Score
They entered the portal one day ago and a “source” already has them committed?

Dawn is not the type to disregard players who have been waiting in the wings for their opportunity. I could see Owusu out of positional need but I doubt it - can’t see Owusu wanting to be a part-time PG. And not sure Reese would be an oncourt fit here despite her indisputable talent.

I’m calling bull on this source.
I really don't see it. Owusu wouldn't be able to play defense the way Dawn wants to play. I can't see Reese wanting to share minutes with so many front court players. We were in her final 2 though, so....I still really don't see it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Saw an intriguing name in the Portal that I have not seen mentioned here yet Greta Kampschroeder from Oregon State. Greta is a former McDonalds AA who did not shoot particular well at Oregon State but I've always liked her size and ability to handle and make shots Greta could be a very good combo guard or wing for someone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom