Transfer portal part 2 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
Some of us don't have two thousand 5 star players on the roster and replace the entire starting 5 essentially. Get in line...

giphy.gif
Belly laugh!!!!

Reaction Score

Additional information to go with the previous post. Good luck to Mimi and I hope Diamond's surgery goes well.

Reaction Score
Maryland’s roster today: G Shyanne Sellers, G/F Diamond Miller, G/F Faith Masonius, F Emma Chardon, G Lavender Briggs, G Mila Reynolds and PG Ava Sciolla? Anyone else:eek:

Reaction Score
Maryland’s roster today: G Shyanne Sellers, G/F Diamond Miller, G/F Faith Masonius, F Emma Chardon, G Lavender Briggs, G Mila Reynolds and PG Ava Sciolla? Anyone else:eek:
Briggs must be having buyers remorse right now

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Saw an intriguing name in the Portal that I have not seen mentioned here yet Greta Kampschroeder from Oregon State. Greta is a former McDonalds AA who did not shoot particular well at Oregon State but I've always liked her size and ability to handle and make shots Greta could be a very good combo guard or wing for someone.

That is an interesting player in the portal and I had high hopes for her when she came out for OSU. My question is what the heck is going on with the Beavers? They now have had some massive defections these past 2 years!

What say our NW colleagues like @LoTrader and @jonson ?

Reaction Score
That is an interesting player in the portal and I had high hopes for her when she came out for OSU. My question is what the heck is going on with the Beavers? They now have had some massive defections these past 2 years!

I thought I saw some speculation previously that it might have to do with an Assistant Coach (or Coaches?) having left, and the dynamics of the staff/program changing a bit. But ... it's possible that was Oregon.

Reaction Score
May I just add my opinion about these transfers. I see a lot of people on all forums bemoaning the trend but it's not only basketball. People all over the nation made decisions about their lives and careers after the Pandemic. Some of the players have gone on the record as saying that being at school during the quarantine was akin to being in jail. At least two Pac12 Players have said that transferring had to do mental health issues directly relating to the isolation and being so far from family. While I agree that it's the flavor of the week, it may also be young ladies who are saying that they just want to be happy. The pandemic and Covid restrictions changed many lives and occupations. NCAA sports was not exempt.

Reaction Score
May I just add my opinion about these transfers. I see a lot of people on all forums bemoaning the trend but it's not only basketball. People all over the nation made decisions about their lives and careers after the Pandemic. Some of the players have gone on the record as saying that being at school during the quarantine was akin to being in jail. At least two Pac12 Players have said that transferring had to do mental health issues directly relating to the isolation and being so far from family. While I agree that it's the flavor of the week, it may also be young ladies who are saying that they just want to be happy. The pandemic and Covid restrictions changed many lives and occupations. NCAA sports was not exempt.
Very well said… and I agree.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Massive in number, or importance to the program? I think they've lost 5 in 2 years, probably below the national average actually. Goforth last year and Jones this year are the 2 that hurt the most I'd say.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought I saw some speculation previously that it might have to do with an Assistant Coach (or Coaches?) having left, and the dynamics of the staff/program changing a bit. But ... it's possible that was Oregon.
One OSU assistant from the previous year got the head coaching gig at Montana, and another joined the new staff at Washington.

I think Oregon lost 2 assistant coaches from the previous year as well, most notably Mark Campbell who is now HC at Sacramento St.

Undoubtedly there was some impact to both programs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has any validity, but it could be really interesting if it does happen...

And, if it does, my bet is on Delisha Milton-Jones reeling them into ODU.

Middle Tennessee was supposed to become great when they got 2 Hayes sisters and that massively underachieving post player from Texas who's name I've completely forgotten at this point (I think she was rated #2 in her HS class?) as transfers. That didn't really pan out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom