Transfer portal part 2 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score

an interesting player..........impressive two way stats including top twenty nationally in steals...............not sure about her competition though.......had 18 pts, 5 rebounds and four steals in loss to Texas A&M but only 9 pts 4 rebounds in NCAA tournament loss against UNC

Reaction Score
Lior Garzon, a 6-1 forward who was Villanova's second leading scorer (and leading scorer in their upset over UConn), has entered the transfer portal. Her younger sister, Yarden, is a 2022 recruit who signed with Indiana.
Huge loss for villanova. Their other 6’+ player exhausted her eligibility. Hope they can find more size to help siegrist out

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
It's HH so you know what that means ... because it always seems that transfers are posted during HH these days.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
It's HH so you know what that means ... because it always seems that transfers are posted during HH these days.

Wouldn't be surprised if a few others leave and it creates space for a couple of big time players like Blackwell, Owusu, or Reese. If Owusu and Reese like playing together, they'll fit in extremely well at Louisville. Owusu fills in at PG, Reese fills Emily Engstler's role, and they have Cochran/Van Lith back. Reese gives them a big boost on the glass and gets to develop perimeter skills. Maryland would be in the Final Four mix again, too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Letterman style: Top 10 uncommitted Players in Transfer Portal
  • Aijha Blackwell Missouri
  • Angel Reese MD
  • Abby Meyers Princeton
  • Ashley Owusu MD
  • Jillian Hollingshead GA
  • Delayah Daniels Cal
  • Pricilla Williams Syracuse
  • Greta Kampschroeder Oregon State
  • Taylor Jones Oregon State
  • Samantha Brunelle ND
Who did I miss? Who else you got?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
  • Angel Reese MD
  • Abby Meyers Princeton
  • Ashley Owusu MD
  • Delayah Daniels Cal
  • Samantha Brunelle ND
Is this based on recruiting rankings in HS, or where they are now?

As someone who follows Pac 12 hoops, Jordyn Jenkins (USC) and Brynna Maxwell (Utah) are both much, much better players than Greta Kampschroeder. I might say both are better than Daniels as well.

Reaction Score
  • Angel Reese MD
  • Abby Meyers Princeton
  • Ashley Owusu MD
  • Delayah Daniels Cal
  • Samantha Brunelle ND
I would add Jordyn Jenkins from USC. USC was not good but Jordyn is a pretty good player, has at least two years left to play. Averaged 15 PPG and shot at a high efficiency from the floor.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

As someone who follows Pac 12 hoops, Jordyn Jenkins (USC) and Brynna Maxwell (Utah) are both much, much better players than Greta Kampschroeder. I might say both are better than Daniels as well.
It was based on my personal and professional biases - nothing more nothing less and intended to be the start of a conversation.
I considered Jenkins. Who else ya got?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would add Jordyn Jenkins from USC. USC was not good but Jordyn is a pretty good player, has at least two years left to play. Averaged 15 PPG and shot at a high efficiency from the floor.
:eek: I considered Jenkins she could probably bump Samantha.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Also for @SECbbfan24 but what are your thoughts on Pili? Her freshman year was awesome, sophomore year had an injury that I am not quite sure she fully recovered from during a Covid shortened season (games cancelled during the season) and then a new coaching regime this past year. Plus her conditioning is not the best. Is she capable of recovering to earn a spot on a good team? I mean if Thomas could get significant minutes at UCLA could Pili go there?

@CocoHusky What about Kennedy Brown who was starting over Taylor at OSU? BTW, I like Taylor better but Brown is good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Also for @SECbbfan24 but what are your thoughts on Pili? Her freshman year was awesome, sophomore year had an injury that I am not quite sure she fully recovered from during a Covid shortened season (games cancelled during the season) and then a new coaching regime this past year. Plus her conditioning is not the best. Is she capable of recovering to earn a spot on a good team? I mean if Thomas could get significant minutes at UCLA could Pili go there?

@CocoHusky What about Kennedy Brown who was starting over Taylor at OSU? BTW, I like Taylor better but Brown is good.
Between Oregon and Oregon State I had I think 6 players so I had to trim down.
i can see Brown Over Taylor. And Possibly Scherr over Greta.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if a few others leave and it creates space for a couple of big time players like Blackwell, Owusu, or Reese. If Owusu and Reese like playing together, they'll fit in extremely well at Louisville. Owusu fills in at PG, Reese fills Emily Engstler's role, and they have Cochran/Van Lith back. Reese gives them a big boost on the glass and gets to develop perimeter skills. Maryland would be in the Final Four mix again, too.
Why would Reese want to go Louisville to play Emily Engslter's front court role when she wants to play in the backcourt?

Reaction Score

Pili had several incidents that caused her to focus on things other than basketball including the deaths of two beloved aunts. She spent much time going back and forth from Alaska to LA. Her brother will continue at SC but her father wanted her to transfer last year.

Everyone I know who knows her says she's a wonderful, sweet, sensitive young lady and these events have hit her hard. Basketball is not her primary focus. I hope she can find some peace in her life.

Reaction Score

I like Brynna Maxwell a lot. She shot 47% from three as a freshman. Cooled off her sophomore and junior year I guess the PAC 12 gave her the Katie Benzan treatment.

Reaction Score
  • Angel Reese MD
  • Abby Meyers Princeton
  • Ashley Owusu MD
  • Delayah Daniels Cal
  • Samantha Brunelle ND
This is good. I would give an honorable mention to Dre'una Edwards at Kentucky. She is really going to help someone.

Reaction Score

Brown started over Jones after Jones injured her shoulder. They started together for a few games but it was only after the injury that Brown was over Jones.

Reaction Score
This is good. I would give an honorable mention to Dre'una Edwards at Kentucky. She is really going to help someone.
Adia Barnes should pursue Edwards. Arizona lacked a go-to scorer this past season. I think Barnes can manage the off court issues.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Why would Reese want to go Louisville to play Emily Engslter's front court role when she wants to play in the backcourt?
Engstler played all over the court and spent a lot of time on the perimeter under Walz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom