• Ashley Owusu MD
  • Jillian Hollingshead GA
  • Delayah Daniels Cal
  • Pricilla Williams Syracuse
  • Greta Kampschroeder Oregon State
  • Taylor Jones Oregon State
  • Samantha Brunelle ND
Who did I miss? Who else you got?
Cameron Swartz for me. Also think Haley Cavinder is better than she gets credit for.

Reaction Score
It's Walz...if Owusu wants to play for him, he'll find a way to get her there. And I am guessing Louisville will have several transfers between now and November.
I could see him looking for another Syracuse connection. Priscilla Williams is a hidden gem if placed in the right system. 6-2 athletic, very good shooter could be the perfect replacement for K. Smith.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ya know, I had a feeling Louisville would see some defections.

And wasn't Parker one of those freshmen that he had redshirt to make room a few seasons ago?

Reaction Score

The transaction portal? Damn I need to enter that one as well

credit-card-swipe.gif

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Also for @SECbbfan24 but what are your thoughts on Pili?
I didn't know about the off court/family stuff. IIRC she had a series of ankle injuries that never seemed to heal completely that derailed her Soph year. After this last season, I don't really expect her to ever regain her Fr. level of play, but that's just an impression, nothing authoritative.

Reaction Score
Thought from the beginning the natural landing spot for Brunelle might be her "home" school, UVA.

I suggested that awhile ago. We saw her at several UVA games when she was in HS. New coach… new team

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Looking at ESPN top 25 players over previous years, here are numbers for the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 classes:

2017: 5 of the top 10 players transferred, 2 went pro early, so only 3 of the top 10 suited up their senior year for the original school. 13 of the top 20 overall weren't at the same school as seniors (11 transfers, 2 early pros)

2018: 5 of the top 10 players transferred, a 6th went pro early, 11 of the top 20 overall weren't at the same school as seniors (10 transfers, 1 early pro)

2019: 5 of the top 10 players have transferred, 11 of the top 20 overall have transferred

2020: 5 of the top 10 players have transferred, 9 of the top 20 overall have transferred (and 13 of the top 25)

2021: none so far (granted the season ended 4 days ago)

Reaction Score
Looking at ESPN top 25 players over previous years, here are numbers for the 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 classes:

2017: 5 of the top 10 players transferred, 2 went pro early, so only 3 of the top 10 suited up their senior year for the original school. 13 of the top 20 overall weren't at the same school as seniors (11 transfers, 2 early pros)

2018: 5 of the top 10 players transferred, a 6th went pro early, 11 of the top 20 overall weren't at the same school as seniors (10 transfers, 1 early pro)

2019: 5 of the top 10 players have transferred, 11 of the top 20 overall have transferred

2020: 5 of the top 10 players have transferred, 9 of the top 20 overall have transferred (and 13 of the top 25)

2021: none so far (granted the season ended 4 days ago)
My money is on "5 of the top 10 players" will transfer from the 2021 class. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Thought from the beginning the natural landing spot for Brunelle might be her "home" school, UVA.

Not only close to home, but a smart decision in several ways. Brunelle will start and play major minutes at UVA. In addition, after completing her undergraduate program at ND, UVA offers a number excellent graduate degree programs.

Reaction Score
Not only close to home, but a smart decision in several ways. Brunelle will start and play major minutes at UVA. In addition, after completing her undergraduate program at ND, UVA offers a number excellent graduate degree programs.
Seem like a slam dunk to me. I would like to see her and Mir play together.

Reaction Score
Taya Corosdale, one of my all-time favorites from Oregon State WBB, is going to be a great addition to one lucky university. For those not familiar with Taya Corosdale, she has started since a freshman at OSU, played more minutes than any OSU Player in the NCAA Tournament as a freshman. She is rock solid. Whoever gets her will immediately upgrade their team.

Reaction Score
Here he is pretending his electric shaver has 3g coverage. Grammar is not his strong suit. “It is with great honor to announce…”. Maybe he flunked ESL

His name is Donny Woods. The ESL reference is an insult to folks that are smart enough to learn more than one language. This guy is just a dumb American.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So I have a question:
Is the deadline for automatic eligibility next season May 1 in that you have to be at your new school by May 1 to qualify for 2022-23 eligibility and any decisions after May 1 will be reviewed on a case by case basis?

If so, that means there should be A LOT of announcements over the next 3 weeks (plus lots of visits by players during end of semester academic efforts).

Does anyone definitively know?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So I have a question:
Is the deadline for automatic eligibility next season May 1 in that you have to be at your new school by May 1 to qualify for 2022-23 eligibility and any decisions after May 1 will be reviewed on a case by case basis?

If so, that means there should be A LOT of announcements over the next 3 weeks (plus lots of visits by players during end of semester academic efforts).

Does anyone definitively know?
My understanding is that if you intend to transfer you have to put your name in the portal by May 1st in order play this fall. In order to be immediate eligible a player must not have transferred previously. There has been no time table given for making decisions. Additionally this weekend 8-10 April is the first time that on campus recruiting visits are permissible.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Verbatim from the NCAA. The May 1 deadline is to notify the student-athlete's current school. Basketball players who intend to transfer and play in 2022-2023 have 3 weeks to enter the portal.

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria

Q1: What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?

A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:

» Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;

» Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;

» Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and

» Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport, or July 1 if they participate in a spring sport to use the one-time exception. Other rules (e.g., disciplinary suspension at the previous school, transferable credits accepted by your new school, sport specific midyear transfer rules) may also factor into the campus compliance administrator’s certification of transfer eligibility.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Verbatim from the NCAA. The May 1 deadline is to notify the student-athlete's current school. Basketball players who intend to transfer and play in 2022-2023 have 3 weeks to enter the portal.

One-Time Transfer Exception Criteria

Q1: What criteria does the student-athlete need to meet in order to utilize the new Division I one-time exception to seek immediate transfer eligibility?

A1: In order to meet the criteria of the one-time transfer exception, the student-athlete must:

» Transfer from a four-year collegiate institution to an NCAA Division I school;

» Leave their current four-year school academically eligible;

» Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution, and

» Certify in writing, along with their new head coach, they did not have direct or indirect communication with the new school’s athletics staff prior to entering the NCAA Transfer Portal.

Additionally, a student-athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer by May 1 if they participate in a fall or winter sport, or July 1 if they participate in a spring sport to use the one-time exception. Other rules (e.g., disciplinary suspension at the previous school, transferable credits accepted by your new school, sport specific midyear transfer rules) may also factor into the campus compliance administrator’s certification of transfer eligibility.
Interesting that there is no qualification of the statement:
'Have not transferred previously from another four-year institution'

I had mistakenly thought it was 'transferred previously from another four-year institution with an exception (eg with immediate eligibility)'

I already knew they hadn't addresses graduate transfers in this and they remain somewhat in limbo - they were always the 'exception' and allowed immediate eligibility - now it would seem they also are caught in the 'first transfer' rule. Seems harsh as graduate school is a complete different acceptance/availability than undergraduate school.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Nearly all players around the nation have been granted a fifth season of eligibility under the NCAA’s COVID-related policy.

What’s different for Dodson is that her fifth season would’ve spanned six years overall, although other players have had careers that have spanned at least seven years, sometimes at multiple schools.

Further, when Dodson sat out in 2020-21, she even cited the pandemic as one of her reasons.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My understanding of the rules is you get the extra year whether or not you played.
Does not appear to be the case based on the Maya Dotson denial. Dodson Opted out of her Senior year at Stanford.

Reaction Score
Does not appear to be the case based on the Maya Dotson denial. Dodson Opted out of her Senior year at Stanford.
I hardly ever want to try to make sense of the NCAA’s decisions, but the difference may be that Meyers didn’t choose to sit out a year. Her school didn’t have a season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom