Transfer portal part 2 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
Not surprised, writing was on the wall that playing time would be tough over the next 2 years with Hall/Rivers ahead of her in the rotation. Should be a nice pickup for whoever lands her.
I don’t feel like she ever got a chance to show what she could do, although with the composition of SC’s roster, if you’re not first, you’re last.

Best wishes to her! She’s gonna make somebody better.

Reaction Score

She seemed to have a good shot whenever she took the court. It seemed to me that her downfall from becoming a major contributor was Dawn's focus on defense and her decision making skills. All in all I view her as untapped potential and I bet she'll make a great guard at another school.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I hardly ever want to try to make sense of the NCAA’s decisions, but the difference may be that Meyers didn’t choose to sit out a year. Her school didn’t have a season.
Meyers is no different than any redshirt transfer. If she plays next year it will only be her 4th year of competition. Dodson is looking to use 6 years to play 5 seasons of basketball.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Morris should have a robust market of suitors. Would like to see ND involved there but the starting guard spots are spoken for unless Ivey is willing to bench Mabrey and I don't see that happening.

Jenna Brown initially chose ND before de-committing. Wonder if the Cardinal to Irish grad transfer connection will continue.

Reaction Score
Not surprised, writing was on the wall that playing time would be tough over the next 2 years with Hall/Rivers ahead of her in the rotation. Should be a nice pickup for whoever lands her.
The good thing with the Covid year, Eniya still has 3 years to show what she got. I will not be surprised, in the right situation, this one will flourish.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Morris should have a robust market of suitors. Would like to see ND involved there but the starting guard spots are spoken for unless Ivey is willing to bench Mabrey and I don't see that happening.

Jenna Brown initially chose ND before de-committing. Wonder if the Cardinal to Irish grad transfer connection will continue.
Brown was remarkably unproductive at Stanford. Would ND actually have an interest in her? Looking at her stats, she's only played 2 years, hasn't played at all since the '19-'20 season. I would think she'd still have 2 years of eligibility left?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Not overly surprising. She will be a very speculative bet for wherever she transfers, because she didn't have meaningful minutes after her sophomore year, has been out with injury for two years, and honestly had a pretty underwhelming offensive game when she did play.

All that notwithstanding, wish her the best and hope she lands someplace where she can contribute meaningfully and blossom on the court.

Brown was remarkably unproductive at Stanford. Would ND actually have an interest in her? Looking at her stats, she's only played 2 years, hasn't played at all since the '19-'20 season. I would think she'd still have 2 years of eligibility left?

Defer to the Domer contingent here, but IIRC she decommitted from Notre Dame and committed to Stanford late in the game after she got through "Door One." With everything I've seen of Miles so far, I can't imagine Brown would get meaningful minutes at the point, but I suppose if she's happy to play mop up minutes she'd join a program with a pretty similar culture to the one she left.

Reaction Score
1649461214962.png

Reaction Score

I don't understand this one. She was the 2nd rated point guard behind Henderson. Point guard was a need for Stanford, but she didn't play. Can someone from Stanford explain this to me.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not overly surprising. She will be a very speculative bet for wherever she transfers, because she didn't have meaningful minutes after her sophomore year, has been out with injury for two years, and honestly had a pretty underwhelming offensive game when she did play.

All that notwithstanding, wish her the best and hope she lands someplace where she can contribute meaningfully and blossom on the court.

Defer to the Domer contingent here, but IIRC she decommitted from Notre Dame and committed to Stanford late in the game after she got through "Door One." With everything I've seen of Miles so far, I can't imagine Brown would get meaningful minutes at the point, but I suppose if she's happy to play mop up minutes she'd join a program with a pretty similar culture to the one she left.

How about Georgia Tech?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think your analysis is spot on. Brown wouldn't get big minutes at ND but the Irish certainly have the roster spots and right now their bench in terms of guards is Bransford and walk-ons.

So if Brown is willing to be a backup, I was just thinking the circumstances are similar to Dodson in terms of a Stanford grad transfer that ND recruiting heavily out of high school.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't understand this one. She was the 2nd rated point guard behind Henderson. Point guard was a need for Stanford, but she didn't play. Can someone from Stanford explain this to me.
They also had Jordan Hamilton, a grad transfer from Northwestern. She started 85/110 games while she was at NW, I think she played PG for them? (although maybe Burton was more the PG, not sure) Had a hard time getting on the court for the Card.

It's a bit of an oddity, I swear Stanford recruits a PG in every single class, at least according to the recruitniks, but somehow none of them seem to actually be PGs when they get to Stanford. Who was their last real PG? To me Kiana Williams was an undersized 2G, not a PG. Same as Lili Thompson. Maybe Marta Sniezek? Of course she was almost zero scoring threat, so defenses could cheat off of her. Amber Orange? Might have to go all the way back to Jeanette Pohlen, and I don't think she was supposed to be a PG, but kinda had to be by default.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
They also had Jordan Hamilton, a grad transfer from Northwestern. She started 85/110 games while she was at NW, I think she played PG for them? (although maybe Burton was more the PG, not sure) Had a hard time getting on the court for the Card.

It's a bit of an oddity, I swear Stanford recruits a PG in every single class, at least according to the recruitniks, but somehow none of them seem to actually be PGs when they get to Stanford. Who was their last real PG? To me Kiana Williams was an undersized 2G, not a PG. Same as Lili Thompson. Maybe Marta Sniezek? Of course she was almost zero scoring threat, so defenses could cheat off of her. Amber Orange? Might have to go all the way back to Jeanette Pohlen, and I don't think she was supposed to be a PG, but kinda had to be by default.
Pohlen was a shooting guard who ran point for us because we needed her. The true ones we've recruited in the past decade have included Toni Kokenis (had to medically retire due to concussions), Amber Orrange, Marta Sniezek, Jenna Brown, Jana Van Gytenbeek, and Tiana Lepolo. Wiggins, Pohlen, Williams, Thompson, Alexa Romano, Anna Wilson, Lacie Hull, Jazniya Harriel, and Indya Nivar were all primarily shooting guards who could/can run the point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pohlen was a shooting guard who ran point for us because we needed her. The true ones we've recruited in the past decade have included Toni Kokenis (had to medically retire due to concussions), Amber Orrange, Marta Sniezek, Jenna Brown, Jana Van Gytenbeek, and Tiana Lepolo. Wiggins, Pohlen, Williams, Thompson, Alexa Romano, Anna Wilson, Lacie Hull, Jazniya Harriel, and Indya Nivar were all primarily shooting guards who could/can run the point.
I wanted to see Van Gytenbeek get more of a chance to run the team this season. Next year? Was Jump listed by some as a PG? Obviously not what she is at Stanford, although about as dangerous a 3 point shooter as there is in the Pac 12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom