Transfer portal part 2 | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
I suspect that a good deal of what you see is basically “putting on a brave face,” like breaking up with your significant other. Deep down you’re hurting over some perceived wrong, but you want your Ex to believe that your getting on fine without them.

The other analogy would be “spitting into the wind.” Transferring to a new school, hoping that it’s the right fit is probably scary as hell for most of these kids.
I get your point, but the videos of Blackwell and Edwards don't come across that way from my perspective. And don't forget Edwards is on her second go around with the transfer portal.

Or you have Lattimore apparently posting live on IG while visiting Duke, per the Duke board. It feels more strategic in her case, especially after seeing how she and Day-Wilson have leveraged social media during their HS days. There were rumours well before she went into the portal that this was going to happen. It was very convenient/coincidental that she posts the dunking video clip before her transfer announcement.

Reaction Score
I get your point, but the videos of Blackwell and Edwards don't come across that way from my perspective. And don't forget Edwards is on her second go around with the transfer portal.

Or you have Lattimore apparently posting live on IG while visiting Duke, per the Duke board. It feels more strategic in her case, especially after seeing how she and Day-Wilson have leveraged social media during their HS days. There were rumours well before she went into the portal that this was going to happen. It was very convenient/coincidental that she posts the dunking video clip before her transfer announcement.
Lattimore is going to UGA

Reaction Score
Lattimore is going to UGA
Sorry, but I don't see that happening. First, the UCF coach is big on physicality and that's not something Lattimore enjoys from what I've seen over the years in Canada and AAU play. If you have insight that indicates differently, I'd love to hear it because most think/assume Duke is her landing spot.

Her connection to Day-Wilson and their relationship since HS is in play here from my perspective. They've been presented/promoted as a package deal for a long time. Even in the articles written about them, it's been talked about them playing together and having an impact somewhere as a tandem. The end game is branding for them while preparing for the pros which is their goal.

Personally, I think she should have stayed at Texas. All due respect to Lawson she doesn't have the track record yet based off of what the team did last season. And there's not much depth either at the position. It doesn't give Lattimore much for competition to get better.

Reaction Score
Horston & Burrell struggled to play together at times this past season. I can’t imagine that Horston & Reese will have an easier time of it next season.
Or Reese and Key. Would be a bonus if they could. Reese wants the spotlight. Where can she get it? Texas A.M. with Barker?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I don't see that happening. First, the UCF coach is big on physicality and that's not something Lattimore enjoys from what I've seen over the years in Canada and AAU play. If you have insight that indicates differently, I'd love to hear it because most think/assume Duke is her landing spot.

Her connection to Day-Wilson and their relationship since HS is in play here from my perspective. They've been presented/promoted as a package deal for a long time. Even in the articles written about them, it's been talked about them playing together and having an impact somewhere as a tandem. The end game is branding for them while preparing for the pros which is their goal.

Personally, I think she should have stayed at Texas. All due respect to Lawson she doesn't have the track record yet based off of what the team did last season. And there's not much depth either at the position. It doesn't give Lattimore much for competition to get better.
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Lattimore is looking for (position-wise). At Texas, her best opportunity for a starting spot was going to be at Center/Post as Texas has 2 (shorter) traditional power forwards who are better all-around, IMO. I would think Lattimore wants to be a wing player, and take most of her shots from the perimeter. If that's the case, not really sure which program makes the most sense for her.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with the idea. When the execution tortures the English language, I'm not sure how effective the messaging is. A simple, "I'm grateful to my coaches, fellow athletes and University of X for the wonderful opportunities I've had, but I've determined it will be best for me to pursue the next stage of my academic and athletic career elsewhere, so I will be entering the portal." would suffice...
Teenagers.
16-18 year old young women de-committing.
Portal entry- maybe a little older.
Might a little slack be cut??

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not really sure what Lattimore is looking for (position-wise). At Texas, her best opportunity for a starting spot was going to be at Center/Post as Texas has 2 (shorter) traditional power forwards who are better all-around, IMO. I would think Lattimore wants to be a wing player, and take most of her shots from the perimeter. If that's the case, not really sure which program makes the most sense for her.
Arkansas! Come on! lol

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Teenagers.
:eek: They aren't 16 so that is clearly not correct. If they are under 18 their parents have to sign NLI. A little slack and perspective is appropriate because they are deciding where to go to college and play basketball. It is not as if they are committing (at the same age) to sign up for the military or something like that.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Teenagers.
If they've taken a college English class, which anyone entering the portal will have, then no, I won't. Call me an old fashioned curmudgeon, but the student part of "student-athlete" should still come first. (cue guffaws and eyerollz). If you can cut and edit a highlight reel or put together a fancy Instagram picture with the school logos of your final 10 school targets, you can proofread two sentences.

Reaction Score
Or Reese and Key. Would be a bonus if they could. Reese wants the spotlight. Where can she get it? Texas A.M. with Barker?
Imo If Reese wanted the spotlight she would’ve stayed at MD where she was getting it based on her stats. Thinks she just wants to win & grow her game. Not sure why folks thinks Reese craves attn/spotlight she does hv a large tik tok & IG but so do most of the elite players.

Reaction Score
Imo If Reese wanted the spotlight she would’ve stayed at MD where she was getting it based on her stats. Thinks she just wants to win & grow her game. Not sure why folks thinks Reese craves attn/spotlight she does hv a large tik tok & IG but so do most of the elite players.
Sorry, I don't speak tik tok.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Look at Reese's post--that is certainly craving the spotlight.

Reaction Score
If they've taken a college English class, which anyone entering the portal will have, then no, I won't. Call me an old fashioned curmudgeon, but the student part of "student-athlete" should still come first. (cue guffaws and eyerollz). If you can cut and edit a highlight reel or put together a fancy Instagram picture with the school logos of your final 10 school targets, you can proofread two sentences.
How about maybe just a HS English class?

Reaction Score
Rickster said:
Little chickies and puppies need to start worrying. Kellie has built a strong nucleus and added in some really good players. If they can continue to master the psychology of the game, they will be real trouble for everyone next season.

Good grief!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Look at Reese's post--that is certainly craving the spotlight.
It’s a spotlight social media generation. Most of them do it. Nothing out of the ordinary to anyone but old folks.
:eek: Hypothetically Hypocritically speaking if a players (Paige Kardashian as kiddingly dubbed by her coach) were to have 1 Million followers on Instagram would that be considered craving the spotlight or do we see that differently?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rickster said:
Little chickies and puppies need to start worrying. Kellie has built a strong nucleus and added in some really good players. If they can continue to master the psychology of the game, they will be real trouble for everyone next season.

Good grief!

Who are the puppies?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Huskies I'm guessing
Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

UCONN WBB are not puppies- They are fully grown!

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Rickster said:

Good grief!
That fan base has been saying the same thing for years. "We will win the national title this year" every year since 1998. I think they think it's a right they have because they haven't earned it...lol....they add one player and it's "national title time".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom