Transfer portal part 2 | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Horrible for Longwood.... losing these two talented players. McMakin has never met a shot she didnt like, but nonetheless a very good scorer, the best in the Big South

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Does ND have a team?
Ivey seems very aloof. I don't think that is going to play well over the course of a season with these young girls playing for her. These girls are "hip hop" types and she just seems out of touch. Sometimes the most anticipated hires don't work very well.

Reaction Score
Ivey seems very aloof. I don't think that is going to play well over the course of a season with these young girls playing for her. These girls are "hip hop" types and she just seems out of touch. Sometimes the most anticipated hires don't work very well.

Could you expand on what you mean here? What exactly is a "hip hop" type?

Reaction Score
Tara VanDerveer comes to mind. Or Geno. Or Scott Rueck. All three hop with the hippest. Ivey is plain Jane by comparison. :p
LOL, however I don't consider them "hip hop" types. They're able to relate regardless of the generation.

I don't know what's weirder: calling players "hip hop types" or suggesting that Ivey, one of the most well-known young Black coaches in the sport, would out of touch with them.

That's what made me ask the question. I didn't find the statement to be fair to Ivey or athletes in general.

Reaction Score
Ivey still has her core players there. The players that have transferred out so far were role players/tertiary options. ND was a 2 minute collapse from making it to the Elite Elite.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Could you expand on what you mean here? What exactly is a "hip hop" type?
The hip hop generation. You have never listened to hip hop ? I can't imagine Ivey getting down with those girls...lol....

Reaction Score
The hip hop generation. You have never listened to hip hop ? I can't imagine Ivey getting down with those girls...lol....
Raised on it along with heavy metal, rock and roll, alternative, classical, country, house, R&B.............etc. The idea/assumption that Ivey couldn't relate from a "hip hop" level doesn't make sense nor is it fair because that is a blanket statement that doesn't do athletes or Ivey justice.

Not all athletes of this generation are "hip hop types". Second, hip hop has been around well before Ivey attended Notre Dame as an athlete herself. Being am an AC on ND's sidelines for as long as she has, she's also coached many "hip hop types" as you classify them, including one of my faves Natalie Achonwa. And if Ivey couldn't really "get down" with these athletes, how does it explain her ability to resonate with NBA players when she was an AC with Memphis?

If you want to say there could be a generational gap, that's fair, even though I think that's a stretch.

Reaction Score
Hip hop is/was about much more than music but in any event, based on Ivey's age, she is probably in the original hip hop generation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ivey still has her core players there. The players that have transferred out so far were role players/tertiary options. ND was a 2 minute collapse from making it to the Elite Elite.
It’s not that ND doesn’t have a core of very good players. Citron, Miles & Westbeld are very good. But after that the Irish are hoping that Mabrey is more consistent next year, that frosh Bransford has a real short learning curve and that oft-injured Marshall, their only potential post player, is finally healthy and ready to go.

With only 6 scholarship players projected for the roster currently, and absolutely no margin for error, ND is desperate for a couple of transfers to fill a looming void.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Morris should have a robust market of suitors. Would like to see ND involved there but the starting guard spots are spoken for unless Ivey is willing to bench Mabrey and I don't see that happening.

Jenna Brown initially chose ND before de-committing. Wonder if the Cardinal to Irish grad transfer connection will continue.
Gonna chalk this up as a "told ya so" after folks questioned whether ND would actually have interest

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Gonna chalk this up as a "told ya so" after folks questioned whether ND would actually have interest
Congrats I guess? I mean it’s not like she played ANY minutes at Stanford let alone any significant minutes. She’s a body at least but she’s also a guard which you seem fairly well stocked on with Miles, Citron, Mabry and Bransford.
You reed some size and 3 of them would help your cause a lot just to get you to 10!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Congrats I guess? I mean it’s not like she played ANY minutes at Stanford let alone any significant minutes. She’s a body at least but she’s also a guard which you seem fairly well stocked on with Miles, Citron, Mabry and Bransford.
You reed some size and 3 of them would help your cause a lot just to get you to 10!
I'm not saying she's good just that I was right, lol.

Forwards are a bigger need for sure but ND still needed a guard or two, having lost 3 from last year and only gaining Bransford until now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom