Transfer portal part 2 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
Blackwell is a 6’0” guard. Just because she’s a good rebounder and can post up does not make her a front court player. She played the 4 out of necessity because Mizzou was small and she was their best athlete who could get boards. She’s definitely a wing player and one who doesn’t shoot .3% from 3.
I agree. She absolutely does make SC better imo. Beal and Saxton are both offensive liabilities and she could spell them minutes or take their spot. She’s better than both imo. Hell at this point she’s better than everyone on that roster besides Boston

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree. She absolutely does make SC better imo. Beal and Saxton are both offensive liabilities and she could spell them minutes or take their spot. She’s better than both imo. Hell at this point she’s better than everyone on that roster besides Boston
Beal has not turned into the offensive player I expected

Reaction Score
So we’re expecting a tweet that says….. “what a freakin mistake I made deciding to come to this dumpster of a basketball program. The coaches don’t know the difference between a player screen and a patio screen. Most of the players can’t run a decent play if you held a gun to their heads. They spend more time gluing on their eyelashes than they do practicing foul shots. Plus, the cafeteria food tastes like it was made by Alpo. I’m outta here.
That would be great. Hilarious if someone did that tongue in cheek. Transferring is expected now so why not. In fact if you can’t decide as a high schooler just pick two teams and tell them you’ll do odd years with one and even the other. But you are good for honoring your committments

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds like the other UCF transfers (Britney Smith and Alisha Lewis) are at Georgia for visits this weekend. Unsurprising but still disappointed, especially with Lewis since she has multiple years left.

Reaction Score
DT's comments on Transfer Portal (source) from Final 4 commentary with Adia Barnes.

I came off the bench, that's the ninth player on the team.

It was like if you transferred back then it was like getting the scarlet letter, it was oh my god that kid transferred.

While it is true Diana came of the bench to start the season and probably would have stayed there except for injuries to Sveta and Shea, she was never the ninth player in the rotation (post with minute breakdown for 2000-01).

In fact she never played less than 14 minutes in any game her freshman season and there were plenty of games where she was in foul trouble. In the 7 games she played less than 20 minutes, twice she fouled out and another two she had 4 fouls.

Reaction Score
So we’re expecting a tweet that says….. “what a freakin mistake I made deciding to come to this dumpster of a basketball program. The coaches don’t know the difference between a player screen and a patio screen. Most of the players can’t run a decent play if you held a gun to their heads. They spend more time gluing on their eyelashes than they do practicing foul shots. Plus, the cafeteria food tastes like it was made by Alpo. I’m outta here.
Slow down on the ALPO. It's an acquired taste.

Reaction Score
The next time a potential employer asks me about the gap in my resume...I'll be ready. I was awaiting an opportunity...in the...transfer portal.:cool:

Reaction Score
Sounds like the other UCF transfers (Britney Smith and Alisha Lewis) are at Georgia for visits this weekend. Unsurprising but still disappointed, especially with Lewis since she has multiple years left.
The SEC will get a dose of UCF style basketball, the names are the same...the uniforms have changed. ;)

Reaction Score
Did not see this coming, especially with Ashley coming back for a 5th year.

Transfer has been confirmed and another posting by a Cyclone fan site reporter says school is working to help her find another school. Went from starter first half of season (after freshman Denae Fritz was injured) to less than 20 minutes a game by seasons end. Thinking this is strictly minutes related as there is a big log jam of guards (Fritz, Espenmiller-McGraw, Diew and her) plus an incoming freshman vying for the minutes available. Four guard set and three of the returning guards play 35 minutes a game so mostly only the one 40 minutes to divide up. Her minutes dropped when Espenmiller-McGraw can back from injury and Diew found a rotation sport after she to was injured. Still could be a good player for some P6, ESPN and Prospects Nation had her in the 50-65 rankings range. Really good rebounder for a 5'-8" gal known mostly as a three point shooter.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
West Virginia transfer, Esmery Martinez currently on a visit at LSU.
Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

Reaction Score
West Virginia transfer, Esmery Martinez currently on a visit at LSU.
That would be an upgrade over Autumn Newby, but waiting for the papers to be signed before getting excited

One of LSUs backup posts hit the portal after she came in. Interesting timing to say the least considering they had the end of the year meetings last week

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did not see this coming, especially with Ashley coming back for a 5th year.

Emily Ryan and Lexi Donarski are in the same class as Aubrey Joens and are starters averaging over 36 minutes EACH! That's not a lot of time for reserve guards to break into the rotation on a consistent basis unless you are ok with that role.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Mulkey has done well in the portal in the past so I wouldn't be overly concerned at the moment. It's only April.

Also--I asked this earlier and no one answered but can Ryann Payne come back for an extra year?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom