Transfer portal part 2 | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Huh, I didn't realize Wake Forest was considered part of the triangle

laptop.gif

Reaction Score
I sat beside a woman with a Rivers #44 shirt on in Greensboro in the regionals. Guess she can use it as a dish towel now.

You do know that there are three P5 schools in the Triangle..

I forgot she was also considering Duke out of HS my bad.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Curios if Microsoft has a Word Template out there for these portal transfers. Just about all I have read start out with, "I first want to thank God for blessing me..."
Yeah, it's getting hard to believe the sincerity of these goodbye tweets when they all sound almost exactly the same.

Not to mention it's weird that their coaches, teammates, the school, the fans were all so awesome...but they're leaving anyway.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's getting hard to believe the sincerity of these goodbye tweets when they all sound almost exactly the same.

Not to mention it's weird that their coaches, teammates, the school, the fans were all so awesome...but they're leaving anyway.
So we’re expecting a tweet that says….. “what a freakin mistake I made deciding to come to this dumpster of a basketball program. The coaches don’t know the difference between a player screen and a patio screen. Most of the players can’t run a decent play if you held a gun to their heads. They spend more time gluing on their eyelashes than they do practicing foul shots. Plus, the cafeteria food tastes like it was made by Alpo. I’m outta here.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So we’re expecting a tweet that says….. “what a freakin mistake I made deciding to come to this dumpster of a basketball program. The coaches don’t know the difference between a player screen and a patio screen. Most of the players can’t run a decent play if you held a gun to their heads. They spend more time gluing on their eyelashes than they do practicing foul shots. Plus, the cafeteria food tastes like it was made by Alpo. I’m outta here.
Or, they could say nothing rather than regurgitating the same glowing praise for something they are choosing to leave behind that we've already heard a bunch of times.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What it means is that Abby will have 1 year of eligibility remaining not 2.
You are still oversimplifying, from what I have read. The Ivy reluctantly allowed players who would have been a senior the year that was cancelled to play this year. The rule that the NCAA has always had is 5 years to play 4. So it isn't really the Covid rule that is an issue. The Ivy didn't do red-shirt years and only gave players 4 years.

The problem is I am 99% sure that the Ivy is not permitting players who were not seniors in 2020-21 to play an extra season - i.e. their 5th year, 4th playing. So they only have had 3 years playing. It has to do with the Ivy's academic emphasis philosophy.

If anyone knows otherwise, I could be wrong, but that was my understanding and I assume factors into all this somehow.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Who are the other 3 players?

She has her championship....the other three for UCONN are the ones that have missed out so far. That may change but to do that by erasing Saniya is idiotic at best.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are still oversimplifying, from what I have read. The Ivy reluctantly allowed players who would have been a senior the year that was cancelled to play this year. The rule that the NCAA has always had is 5 years to play 4. So it isn't really the Covid rule that is an issue. The Ivy didn't do red-shirt years and only gave players 4 years.

The problem is I am 99% sure that the Ivy is not permitting players who were not seniors in 2020-21 to play an extra season - i.e. their 5th year, 4th playing. So they only have had 3 years playing. It has to do with the Ivy's academic emphasis philosophy.

If anyone knows otherwise, I could be wrong, but that was my understanding and I assume factors into all this somehow.
Facts:
  • Abby Meyers enrolled in Princeton in Fall of 2017 and played 2017-2018 season= 1 Year of eligibility used & 1 year of enrollment
  • Abby Meyers did not play basketball and was not enrolled at Princeton for the the 2018-19 season=1 Year of eligibility used & 1 year of enrollment
  • Abby Meyers did play basketball for Princeton in the 2019-2020 season = 2 years of eligibility used & 2 years of enrollment
  • The Ivy League did not have sports in 2020-21 season but Abby Meyers was an enrolled student at Princeton* = 2 years of eligibility used & 3 years of enrollment
  • Abby Meyers also played basketball for Princeton in the 2021-22 season= 3 years of eligibility used & 4 years of enrollment
  • * Unlike the rest of the NCAA institutions , the Ivy League by practice and policy gives SA 4 years of enrollment to complete 4 years of eligibility.
  • The NCAA recently ruled that Ivy League SA and those that opted out of the 2020- 2021 season ( Eg. Maya Dodson of Stanford) will not be given an additionally years of eligibility.
Conclusion: Abby cannot remain at Princeton if she wants to complete her 1 year of remaining eligibility that is why she put her name in the transfer portal at the beginning of the 2021-22 season.

If you have read anything contrary to this please let me know.

Reaction Score
Blackwell coming to SC. SC was full before the Rivers transfer. She is more of a front court player and we really don't need that.

Blackwell is a 6’0” guard. Just because she’s a good rebounder and can post up does not make her a front court player. She played the 4 out of necessity because Mizzou was small and she was their best athlete who could get boards. She’s definitely a wing player and one who doesn’t shoot .3% from 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom