Transfer portal part 2 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers has entered the portal
I remember hearing her on media day with dreams of being freshman of the year. She did get some minutes in the tournament but I get it.

Reaction Score
Not all that surprising. I noticed her body language at times was less than enthusiastic in moments when her teammates were jovial. I’m sure playing time was a big factor. It’s unfortunate but this moves up Talaysia Cooper‘s role at SC and she has all the abilities that Saniya has, and gives more time at the point for Kierra Fletcher. Also, likely increases Breezy Hall’s role as she was the breakout player of the three healthy players of the ‘21 class. Wish Saniya all the best wherever she goes.

SC now with 2 open scholarships for next season.

Last edited:

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
She is also listed as “do not contact” so she seems sure of where she wants to go.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Go get her UConn!!
Come on Mdoggie. Don't you remember she was adamant about not wanting to play for UConn when she was in high school? It would surprise me if she has changed her mind.

Reaction Score
Come on Mdoggie. Don't you remember she was adamant about not wanting to play for UConn when she was in high school? It would surprise me if she has changed her mind.
Which these recruits do often nowadays. Mind changing.

Reaction Score
Thought I read where we needed another guard? She is skilled.

Reaction Score
Not all that surprising. I noticed her body language at times was less than enthusiastic in moments when her teammates were jovial. I’m sure playing time was a big factor. It’s unfortunate but this moves up Talaysia Cooper‘s role at SC and she has all the abilities that Saniya had, and gives more time at the point for Kierra Fletcher. Also, likely increases Breezy Hall’s role as she was the breakout player of the three healthy players of the ‘21 class. Wish Saniya all the best wherever she goes.

SC now with 2 open scholarships for next season.
I wonder if her 3 game tournament suspension by Dawn had anything to do with her decision?

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 4.32.21 PM.png

You would think these players remove the 110% committed posts after announcing they are transferring. I guess she wasn't 120% committed.

Reaction Score
I said this in the game chat room during the tournament. I thought I had read it somewhere prior to then, but maybe I was just seeing into the future?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
She is also listed as “do not contact” so she seems sure of where she wants to go.
Anyone know how this works? Does the player then reach out to the teams in which she is interested?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thought I read where we needed another guard? She is skilled.

Perhaps you missed the now locked thread where she said she had no interest in Uconn while she was in high school.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone know how this works? Does the player then reach out to the teams in which she is interested?
It's not hard to imagine it's already known there is mutual interest, because of back channel communications. Not her in particular, just in general. If a player enters the portal and already knows where they are going to go, somehow they had to find out there was a place waiting for them at their new school.

Reaction Score
I have always assumed it mean't the player would initiate or choose who they want to talk with instead of being bombarded by the entire country to come to their school.

Hannah Gusters did the same thing last year, of course she followed a coach who changed schools. This one is a little bit different.

Reaction Score
I think Rivers will be a star, so it’s definitely a loss, don’t get me wrong. But she got as many minutes as she possibly could given she was an offensive liability this season. I remember she had NFOY aspirations before the season began, so I imagine this is related to playing time.

I wish her well! I’ll root for her whenever she lands.

Reaction Score
Staley's two big system works well enough on offense (especially when you have a Wilson or Boston inside), but a slasher with limited 3-point range like Rivers is always going to struggle to get buckets in the half court. I get her desire to leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom