Transfer portal - outbound | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's not a selling point why?

How many has he put into the NFL through the years? 22 during the Edsall years have been drafted and a number more have been in camps and practice squads. I haven't even talked about the CFL which had a number of UConn players who played there.

He knows talent, period. He needs to bend on other things, but again he knows talent

I bet you post stuff that you did 30 years ago on your resume too.

What Edsall did over a decade ago is not relevant.

Reaction Score
UConn needs a winning season desperately so the easier the schedule the better as far as I'm concerned. These student athletes need to feel good about themselves and their college football experience and the fans need to know that UConn can actually qualify for a bowl again. So bring on UMass, Old Dominion, Maine, Liberty, San Jose St and Middle Tenn St. Beat them first then talk about how tough the schedule is.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A winning season is not impossible, but the toughest games are on the road. You'll need to win 1-2 of them to get there. Winning most of the home games next year should be expected.

My concern is on defense mostly. It's impossible to know if we can improve that drastically at all three levels and/or play consistently enough, but I'm expecting a big jump in the eye test.

As for resumes, I disagree on not including older experience. I don't mean your teenage job at McD's, but I like to get a sense of a person's journey. Talented people can come from anywhere.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Tell me how RE says to a kid - see Anthony Sherman, Byron Jones, Blidi Wreh Wilson, Stefon Diggs, etc - I recruited and coached them is a bad thing. Do you see Dan Orlovsky on ESPN - played here and had a long NFL career. Zoo Cougar - have you been in the Shenkman Center? Have you seen the wall of former players in the NFL? That is a huge recruiting piece. History does matter.

Reaction Score
Tell me how RE says to a kid - see Anthony Sherman, Byron Jones, Blidi Wreh Wilson, Stefon Diggs, etc - I recruited and coached them is a bad thing. Do you see Dan Orlovsky on ESPN - played here and had a long NFL career. Zoo Cougar - have you been in the Shenkman Center? Have you seen the wall of former players in the NFL? That is a huge recruiting piece. History does matter.

Look at what you are saying. He has 6 wins in three seasons and he wants to point to NFL talent developed a decade ago. That doesn’t carry as much weight as you think, if at all considering other schools have done far more in the very recent past.

You guys are letting your nostalgia for the past influence your assessment of the present.

What you think and hope is happening. Is not actually happening.

Reaction Score
Does the Transfer Portal have a date range?
It’s started Mid-October of 2018 but I believe it resets on August 1 each year. So the 2020 Transfer Portal year began on August 1,2019.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Look at what you are saying. He has 6 wins in three seasons and he wants to point to NFL talent developed a decade ago. That doesn’t carry as much weight as you think, if at all considering other schools have done far more in the very recent past.

You guys are letting your nostalgia for the past influence your assessment of the present.

What you think and hope is happening. Is not actually happening.
Call me a dinosaur but if I had my eyes on a successful career, I would rather do it with a guy with a proven track record. The issue of wins and roster turnover is a separate issue.

Here is the problem Zoo , DB made a decision based on many factors, University support a big part of it. This isn't a pro franchise although RE is trying to turnover the roster as close to one as he can. I hate what has happened since he left from the on field performance to how no one shows up to games. You can't apply the you are what your record is to college football. The administration made a decision to continue tight admissions, a below bare bones football budget, etc. That is not totally on RE - could he have made man management decisions better- absolutely. Game plan - sure. Play calls - everyone gets second guessed. But based on support, I am not sure we were going bowling the last 3 years. So, you can hate on him all you want and will continue to do so, but no one else is coming in here and making a big difference until the budget is opened up and admissions helps the program.

Reaction Score
Call me a dinosaur but if I had my eyes on a successful career, I would rather do it with a guy with a proven track record. The issue of wins and roster turnover is a separate issue.

Here is the problem Zoo , DB made a decision based on many factors, University support a big part of it. This isn't a pro franchise although RE is trying to turnover the roster as close to one as he can. I hate what has happened since he left from the on field performance to how no one shows up to games. You can't apply the you are what your record is to college football. The administration made a decision to continue tight admissions, a below bare bones football budget, etc. That is not totally on RE - could he have made man management decisions better- absolutely. Game plan - sure. Play calls - everyone gets second guessed. But based on support, I am not sure we were going bowling the last 3 years. So, you can hate on him all you want and will continue to do so, but no one else is coming in here and making a big difference until the budget is opened up and admissions helps the program.

This is fair and reasonable. But I am judging him on only the inputs he controls.

I give him credit and respect for doing what he did to try and keep his OC here and even coming back and accepting less pay. But I look at other budget constrained places like Wyoming and see different results. It doesn’t compare as favorably.

His track record isn’t as proven as you think. He’s basically repeating his mistakes at Maryland and not repeating his success at UConn.

Reaction Score
You can't apply the you are what your record is to college football. The administration made a decision to continue tight admissions, a below bare bones football budget, etc. That is not totally on RE - could he have made man management decisions better- absolutely. Game plan - sure. Play calls - everyone gets second guessed. But based on support, I am not sure we were going bowling the last 3 years. So, you can hate on him all you want and will continue to do so, but no one else is coming in here and making a big difference until the budget is opened up and admissions helps the program.

1000%. In a video game of NCAA football, you are what your record says you are. We unfortunately still have posters who don't understand you can't compare a win-loss record at UConn to a win-loss record achieved at Penn State.

Reaction Score
If it didn’t matter, we’d be P5.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I bet you post stuff that you did 30 years ago on your resume too.

What Edsall did over a decade ago is not relevant.

That's an opinion not a fact.

You are just upset he is here and I get it but he is staying and we all know it.

Putting players in the league is important period

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

You are just upset he is here and I get it but he is staying and we all know it.

I'm not gonna research this, but I wonder -- how many players has RE put in the NFL in his last five seasons as a coach? In his five total seasons at Maryland?

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna research this, but I wonder -- how many players has RE put in the NFL in his last five seasons as a coach? In his five total seasons at Maryland?
Six players were drafted during Edsall “Dream job” years...
C0FCF1A3-1412-403E-96CA-46464DF6101E.jpeg

So the question is....Does he really develop NFL talent?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Actually recruits opinions matter. And we can already see how given the results, which are factual.

Reaction Score
Who woke ZooCougar up

sheesh. I’m reading the last few weeks & thinking ... do we really need a reminder of the 2019 season. Or the 5 before.

Today is CFB fan XMAS. Dream a little. And ... btw ... we aren’t collapsing the Program.

Reaction Score
Who woke ZooCougar up

sheesh. I’m reading the last few weeks & thinking ... do we really need a reminder of the 2019 season. Or the 5 before.

Today is CFB fan XMAS. Dream a little. And ... btw ... we aren’t collapsing the Program.
So 3-9, 1-11, 2-10 isn't collapsing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro