Transfer portal - outbound | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Go back....Mensah was identified and recruited by the previous staff. signed by RE 2.0 in first class
Partially true. Yes, the previous staff identified him, but never offered. He was offered a scholarship by Edsall in June 2017 as Mensah had a complicated situation.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Do you no longer understand the difference between criticizing a player and being a schmuck? Because you used to.

So QB depth and injury tendencies are not something to be worried about. Got it. The plan is all coming together.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Do you no longer understand the difference between criticizing a player and being a schmuck? Because you used to.

"Schmuck, or shmuck, is a pejorative term meaning one who is stupid or foolish, or an obnoxious, contemptible or detestable person. The word came into the English language from Yiddish, where it has similar pejorative meanings, but where its literal meaning is a vulgar term for a penis."

So you get to call a poster a "dick", is that a medical evaluation?

Reaction Score
So QB depth and injury tendencies are not something to be worried about. Got it. The plan is all coming together.
With Beaudry leaving, UConn will have 5 QBs on the roster for next year which is the targeted number.

Reaction Score

Sad defense. Trashing a true frosh who had little business being forced on the field this year with trite third grade insults is hardly the same as making a post on "QB depth and injury tendencies." Your inability to just back off and apologize is absurd.

Reaction Score
Sad defense. Trashing a true frosh who had little business being forced on the field this year with trite third grade insults is hardly the same as making a post on "QB depth and injury tendencies." Your inability to just back off and apologize is absurd.

Nah. I’m just not playing your game. The fact that he was on the field is a management and coaching problem.

Reaction Score
Nah. I’m just not playing your game. The fact that he was on the field is a management and coaching problem.

I'm still waiting to hear your justification to throwing a third grade insult at him, as opposed to me or Edsall.

Reaction Score
I'm still waiting to hear your justification to throwing a third grade insult at him, as opposed to me or Edsall.

Staying healthy is a skill. It’s not a call out that is below the belt.

Reaction Score
At this point, I think schmuck sums it up. I am not a doctor, but i recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Please look at Dante Black’s highlight tape. He scored 5 touchdowns in one game his senior year. Edsall recruited him but didn’t develop him or utilize his talents.
He scored those touchdowns against Andrew Johnson High, breaking the previous mark of 4 by Al "Touchdown" Bundy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I still think that independent will be good for UConn. Yes I understand the bowl tie in isn’t there yet but it’s a good way to build this team back up. We will build this team back up let Edsall have another two years just to get the recruits in. We will be a oiled machine I know it

We have 5 better games/trips next year that are better than any AAC bowl game. And you have all year to plan it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
"Though most departing UConn players were graduate transfers (i.e., those who had finished undergraduate but retained a year of eligibility) five could have two or more years of college football ahead of them.

Four of those five players started at least one game at UConn, though only Carroll played regularly at any point (starting eight games as a freshman in 2018 before sitting last season for academic reasons). "

Have any of you panic stricken nellies had the thought that maybe breaking up the worst team in CFB over the last 2 years isn't necessarily a bad thing? We had 1 FBS win (over UMass) with these guys. Really think the upside of them staying is greater than the upside of them leaving?

Clingy bunch of sots aren't you.

Reaction Score
With Beaudry leaving, UConn will have 5 QBs on the roster for next year which is the targeted number.
So we got Jack Zergiotis, Steven Krajewski, Micah, Roerster (Walk on) and Senecal (signing next week on scholly).. Got it.. Technically you wonder if we really have only 4.. Senecal is coming off a leg injury that cost him much of his SR season, and Micah took a medical redshirt this past season (shoulder).. let's hope this kids are healthy enough to participate come the end of July 2020...

Reaction Score
"Though most departing UConn players were graduate transfers (i.e., those who had finished undergraduate but retained a year of eligibility) five could have two or more years of college football ahead of them.

Four of those five players started at least one game at UConn, though only Carroll played regularly at any point (starting eight games as a freshman in 2018 before sitting last season for academic reasons). "

Have any of you panic stricken nellies had the thought that maybe breaking up the worst team in CFB over the last 2 years isn't necessarily a bad thing? We had 1 FBS win (over UMass) with these guys. Really think the upside of them staying is greater than the upside of them leaving?

Clingy bunch of sots aren't you.
It is a bit of a concern when you know your HC predicates his team on developing over time and not being too good early on in their lower classmen years... Unless Randy's surprising us with some IMPACT guys (via the transfer portal) you can't do anything but be a little worrisome about this...

Reaction Score
Does anyone think we’ll have a second wave of transfers once kids start finding schools and signing day? Another 10-15 player wave could do some serious damage

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Does anyone think we’ll have a second wave of transfers once kids start finding schools and signing day? Another 10-15 player wave could do some serious damage
Who is this 'we' you are referring to?

Reaction Score
I think we'll be limited due to the # of schollies allowed per year ( @Exit 4 & @uconnbill are experts on that). Would be nice for either or both to elaborate a little more here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do graduate transfers count as part of the cap?
I originally thought not, but apparently they do. We had exactly 25 new scholarship kids last year as the sum of the HS + JUCO + grad and five unused scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom