Transfer portal - outbound | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal - outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can not believe the AD says he hasn't talk to any of the Transfers. That is Dereliction of Duty. Transfers MUST enter the Portal by applying thru the Athletic Department Compliance Office. The AD and HC are made aware of all entries in all sports.

Clarification -> They don't "apply" - they just notify the school in writing and the school has 2 business days to enter them into the Transfer Portal.

Reaction Score
Clarification -> They don't "apply" - they just notify the school in writing and the school as 2 business days to enter them into the Transfer Portal.

Or said another way, he just attacked Benedict for not utilizing a process that in fact doesn't even exist?

Reaction Score
Or said another way, he just attacked Benedict for not utilizing a process that in fact doesn't even exist?
C’mon, you’re not being reasonable. You don’t think there is value added in conducting some sort of exit interview at least.

I would be more surprised if it didn’t occur.

Reaction Score
Found this nugget at a Maryland site

"This sort of exodus is reasonably common -- it's nowhere near the 24 transfers in Randy Edsall's first 14 months. There was no serious purge when Locksley came aboard, which at the time seemed like a good thing".

So RE2.0 had a track record of chasing the previous staff's guys away and it imploded a winning Maryland program. They will erect a statue to Raph Friedgen after suffering thru Edsall/Durkin /Locksley.
The guy is petty, stubborn and dismissive. Oh yeah, and he can't coach.

And to everyone of you that uses the excuse that Diaco's guys all sucked and had to go, just be glad your sons were never treated like that.

I can not believe the AD says he hasn't talk to any of the Transfers. That is Dereliction of Duty. Transfers MUST enter the Portal by applying thru the Athletic Department Compliance Office. The AD and HC are made aware of all entries in all sports. You don't talk to any of them? You don't smell smoke, Dave? You arent the least bit curious why Donovan Williams, a kid that has battled and stuck it out leaves town? Starters like Leone, DeGeorge, Coyle, Wilson? No questions? No counseling? No Mentoring? Then let me say this...You may be an AD, but you are nothing close to a leader.

His track record says "burn it to the ground - build your excuses and buy time"
Dave Benedict has bought in.
We are crushing Elon, Campbell and Savannah State in recruiting.
We are watching a cash strapped athletic department and Athletic Director nose dive a football program into the ground. We won't cut our losses with RE2.0 and the end result is gonna be FCS ( if we are lucky)

What exactly is gonna pull us out of this death spiral........Independence?

Basketball may save Benedict, but history will not be so kind to RE.

I feel for your dog. I can only imagine how many times he gets kicked a day.

Reaction Score
According to Matty S in his rather in depth player by player review of the departures in the Edsall 2.0 era Skanes is not returning in 2020.

it will be an excellent year for walk ons to make the three deep in 2020.
Skanes did a good job returning punts for us this year.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Donovan Williams
Okay, but I am talking about Kyle Williams, the corner that earned a scholarship this past fall as a WO. I believe he was a senior.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is anyone digging deeper to find out what’s going on with these transfers? I get the RS juniors leaving but why a Freshman who played?? Ie..Black.. Anyone inquiring to get some answers? What the heck is going on in Burton football family complex??

Reaction Score
Is anyone digging deeper to find out what’s going on with these transfers? I get the RS juniors leaving but why a Freshman who played?? Ie..Black.. Anyone inquiring to get some answers? What the heck is going on in Burton football family complex??
It was posted here during the season that Black was unhappy with is playing time.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Edsall has to clear out the Diaco guys who were scouted, offered, and signed under Edsall.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Is it really fair to get hysterical about undergrads leaving when every program will have a handful of these a year? Once we have more than say four then you are starting to have transfers beyond the statistical norm.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Wow. That's a 3 star RB. No idea why he didn't get more touches last year.

It will be interesting to see where Beaudry lands.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Jordan Swann’s path is interesting. He got significant playing time as a true freshmen here, and is barely seeing the field at FCS Maine.

Swann has pretty much been a special teams player at Maine, though he had a huge fg block in the semifinal run last year. He should see a lot more time with the defense next year.

Maine's defense has just been better than UConn's, for what that's worth.

Reaction Score
Black was nailed to the bench when Edsall decided to use only two RBs regardless of score. Then when Thompkins got hurt, Edsall still didn't play Black. Don't blame him for moving on.

Yeah, Edsall didn’t play him because he is an extraordinary talent. He’ll undoubtedly move onto Bama or the OSU sit out a year.

Honest to god, nothing against the kid, but the reason he’s moving on is pretty obvious.

Reaction Score
Black was nailed to the bench when Edsall decided to use only two RBs regardless of score. Then when Thompkins got hurt, Edsall still didn't play Black. Don't blame him for moving on.
Black will be balling out at a P5 school and we're gonna be wondering what in the world Edsall was thinking by not playing him

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Found this nugget at a Maryland site

"This sort of exodus is reasonably common -- it's nowhere near the 24 transfers in Randy Edsall's first 14 months. There was no serious purge when Locksley came aboard, which at the time seemed like a good thing".

So RE2.0 had a track record of chasing the previous staff's guys away and it imploded a winning Maryland program. They will erect a statue to Raph Friedgen after suffering thru Edsall/Durkin /Locksley.
The guy is petty, stubborn and dismissive. Oh yeah, and he can't coach.

And to everyone of you that uses the excuse that Diaco's guys all sucked and had to go, just be glad your sons were never treated like that.

I can not believe the AD says he hasn't talk to any of the Transfers. That is Dereliction of Duty. Transfers MUST enter the Portal by applying thru the Athletic Department Compliance Office. The AD and HC are made aware of all entries in all sports. You don't talk to any of them? You don't smell smoke, Dave? You arent the least bit curious why Donovan Williams, a kid that has battled and stuck it out leaves town? Starters like Leone, DeGeorge, Coyle, Wilson? No questions? No counseling? No Mentoring? Then let me say this...You may be an AD, but you are nothing close to a leader.

His track record says "burn it to the ground - build your excuses and buy time"
Dave Benedict has bought in.
We are crushing Elon, Campbell and Savannah State in recruiting.
We are watching a cash strapped athletic department and Athletic Director nose dive a football program into the ground. We won't cut our losses with RE2.0 and the end result is gonna be FCS ( if we are lucky)

What exactly is gonna pull us out of this death spiral........Independence?

Basketball may save Benedict, but history will not be so kind to RE.
So, with no context of what was going on at Maryland, you make all these assumptions. Why did Friedman get fired after a great season? Because academic and off field issues. RE did run some kids off- the difference was he had some bad dudes he needed to let go versus guys who never should have been here to start.

Reaction Score
Transferring as an undergrad when you have to sit out a year is extremely difficult as schools generally don’t want to commit a scholarship to a kid that won’t play unless you are a unique talent. A G5 undergrad transfer who hasn’t played much is probably going to have to go JUCO or FCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom