Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shot much better from 3, but it's hard to read too much into it since the 47% was on 17 attempts. Very small sample size

I guess my point is that his non-outlier seasons seemed good enough. At least to be a depth piece if he wanted to come home.

Reaction Score
Yessir. I took most of my classes in the Hope Street location and did my internship at Stamford High.

Another portal addition that might help us: UMKC grad transfer Shemarri Allen.

6'4 200 that averaged 17.0p, 5.0r, 2.7a, 2.0s, 0.8 3PM, 34.3 3P%, 6.0 FTA (70th most FTAs in NCAA), 71.8 FT%.

Would like better 3P #s, but a versatile two-way guard who looks like he's got the mentality and ability to break down the defense, get to the bucket and draw fouls.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess my point is that his non-outlier seasons seemed good enough. At least to be a depth piece if he wanted to come home.
I don't really see the fit here. Not good enough to change the trajectory of the team. I'd expect both Ross and Stewart to be able to give us more than Delaire would, even as freshman over a 6th year rental

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't really see the fit here. Not good enough to change the trajectory of the team. I'd expect both Ross and Stewart to be able to give us more than Delaire would, even as freshman over a 6th year rental
We might need a vet to fill out the roster, if he’s willing to do that.

Reaction Score
That would be very difficult for a number of reasons, not least of which that he died in the mid-90’s.
That may be a rational statement for the rest of the world, but we're talking North Korea here.......they have their ways of doing extraordinary things.
Kim Jong Un has already reportedly had over 100 holes in one, swum a 35 second 100 meter butterfly and run the 400 meter hurdles in 38 seconds.

Reaction Score
We might need a vet to fill out the roster, if he’s willing to do that.
Yeah that's fair. Just seems like the only way we're using the transfer portal is if both Newton and Jackson leave, and in that case I feel like we'd need an actual contributor over filling a roster spot

Reaction Score
Let me be clear on Delaire.. Never said he's the guy. They both play the 3/4 spot and have similar/game numbers.. Simply responding to @Hey Adrien! comments on Rodman and based on staff's familiarity with his game and curious to see if he could be a fit ..In his opinion.. That's it..

Reaction Score
Let me be clear on Delaire.. Never said he's the guy. They both play the 3/4 spot and have similar/game numbers.. Simply responding to @Hey Adrien! comments on Rodman and based on staff's familiarity with his game and curious to see if he could be a fit ..In his opinion.. That's it..
Delaire would be interesting.

Personally, I'm a fan of adding a veteran forward (preferably a grad transfer like Delare) who can play the 5. Delaire started as San Diego's five, but he's got the profile of what we'd want from a 4 (34.4 3p% across the last three seasons, about average rebounder, some rim protection).

Personally, I'd want the veteran 5 to be a bit meatier than Delaire's 6'9 215 frame (a UConn fan buddy of mine who lives in Boulder and watches a ton of P12 described Deliare as another version of Polley) so I don't see Delaire playing much backup 5 for us.

Noting that, there's still value there, especially since Clingan is obviously THE GUY at 5, but there will still be ~12 minutes available to backup Clingan.

With Delaire, a frontcourt rotation could look like:
  • Clingan
  • 4s that are not 5s: Karaban, Stewart
  • Guys who could backup 5 and only play the 5: Singare
  • Guys would could backup 5 but also play the 4: Delaire, Johnson? (maybe put him in the group above?)
Not bad.

Reaction Score
Delaire would be interesting.

Personally, I'm a fan of adding a veteran forward (preferably a grad transfer like Delare) who can play the 5. Delaire started as San Diego's five, but he's got the profile of what we'd want from a 4 (34.4 3p% across the last three seasons, about average rebounder, some rim protection).

Personally, I'd want the veteran 5 to be a bit meatier than Delaire's 6'9 215 frame (a UConn fan buddy of mine who lives in Boulder and watches a ton of P12 described Deliare as another version of Polley) so I don't see Delaire playing much backup 5 for us.

Noting that, there's still value there, especially since Clingan is obviously THE GUY at 5, but there will still be ~12 minutes available to backup Clingan.

With Delaire, a frontcourt rotation could look like:
  • Clingan
  • 4s that are not 5s: Karaban, Stewart
  • Guys who could backup 5 and only play the 5: Singare
  • Guys would could backup 5 but also play the 4: Delaire, Johnson? (maybe put him in the group above?)
Not bad.
Appreciate your input.. IIRC.. We recruited Delaire as a big wing coming out of Loomis.. Obviously has grown some in college.. And played a fair amount of 5 at San Diego.. Like our 4/5 depth already.. No argument at all that shooters/shot-making is priority #1 for open roster spot(s) until we know where we're at June 1st.. Don't see Delaire as being a starter at UConn (if at all).. Too much talent in front of him.. More of a depth addition if needed.

Reaction Score
Not sure what we need at this point for sure without knowledge of Tristens and AJs next move. But for me no matter, I would prefer 37-38% 3 baller no matter what position. No it's not easy with Timberpond not coming but still would like to see that piece added.

Orc

Reaction Score
Billy Preston reveal about Kansas coaches knowing about Adidas payments may result in Tournament ban and other penalties.. Not good for Bill S and recruiting.. Hunter D
Does this mean there’s a chance Tiimberlake comes back to us if Kansas is banned next year? Lol

Reaction Score
Does this mean there’s a chance Tiimberlake comes back to us if Kansas is banned next year? Lol
Depends on whether he wants to play in the Tournament

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Shifty as hell and slimier than that as well. This guy may actually make Calimari and Miller look like rookies at cheating!
I don’t know i feel like squid has it down to a science where it just can’t be linked to him

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As I predicted (or rather greatly hoped....) a while back,, my #1 transfer target, Grant Nelson from North Dakota State just hit the portal today. Duke and Kentucky are rumored to be interested. DH needs to get in touch. 6'11" with crazy hops and an inside-outside game. Two years of eligibility left.
Really like this kid's game. Unfortunately you know he's going somewhere where he is guaranteed to start. With the status of Jackson and Newton up in the air doubt he would entertain coming to Uconn . Plus with Karaban already here he probably doesn't see us as a good fit

Reaction Score
Really like this kid's game. Unfortunately you know he's going somewhere where he is guaranteed to start. With the status of Jackson and Newton up in the air doubt he would entertain coming to Uconn . Plus with Karaban already here he probably doesn't see us as a good fit
The kid is an agile 6'11" and can play power forward with Clingan playing center. I'm starting to think AJ is gone (just a gut feeling) and Tristan has no impact on playing time for a 6'11" guy. I see Grant Nelson as a great fit for us. If he's hearing from Duke, Kentucky and Kansas, do you think they're promising a starter spot? We're a better fit than those schools. I get giddy thinking of him playing with Clingan, Castle, Karaban and hopefully Newton. Now that's a SICK lineup. Timberlake who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom