Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

My top wishlist at the moment:

Aaron Estrada - rumors put him pretty firmly with Alabama.
Jaylon Tyson - Probably KU unless the Timberlake commit throws him off.
Noah Thomasson - Georgia, Penn St, Pitt, OK st are the top on him it seems.
Max Shulga - Might be heading to VCU with his old coach.
Dawson Baker - Seems like a mountain time zone guy.

I don't know. Maybe we just wait and see if anything else shakes loose.
Definitely seems Quiet on the Western Transfer Front. Seems like we are indeed waiting for the draft decisions. 2/2 on my 2 min googling transfer speculations, though, so I've got that going for me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Definitely seems Quiet on the Western Transfer Front. Seems like we are indeed waiting for the draft decisions. 2/2 on my 2 min googling transfer speculations, though, so I've got that going for me.
Don't we have to do that? Can't give those scholarships to somebody else, it would force Newton and AJ to transfer if they want to come back. We can sign one guy now, but do we know what we need? I guess wing/shooter is clear enough.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't we have to do that? Can't give those scholarships to somebody else, it would force Newton and AJ to transfer if they want to come back. We can sign one guy now, but do we know what we need? I guess wing/shooter is clear enough.

I don't think scholarships are the issue as much as role/playing time. If both come back there's not going to be the minutes there for a starter-level transfer.

Reaction Score
We have one scholarship available at a minimum, so no, we don't have to wait. We weren't waiting when we recruited Timberlake. Path to playing time is obviously much easier if one or both of those guys leave, but regardless I think we should be recruiting a SG/Wing type who can shoot. Can't promise a starting role but can promise a great path to serious PT regardless.

Reaction Score
Another example how the portal is a living, breathing beast:

The 6'4 200 guard has two years of eligibility remaining and averaged 13.1p, 4.4r, 1.7a, 1.0 3PM, 36.0 3p%, 3.9 FTA, 74.3 FT%.

Overall, real nice efficiency, especially playing in one of the most competitive conferences:
Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 10.35.20 AM.png

Also, I like how he's a plus foul guy as in he doesn't get charged for a lot of fouls, yet he draws a lot of fouls and gets to the line.

Also, I'd imagine Vanderbilt has a high standard of academics and personality, so Lawrence should be a nice culture fit on that end. Solid defensive metrics too, according to EvanMiya.

I'd be very happy if Lawrence and UConn have mutual interest.

Reaction Score

The 6'4 200 guard has two years of eligibility remaining and averaged 13.1p, 4.4r, 1.7a, 1.0 3PM, 36.0 3p%, 3.9 FTA, 74.3 FT%.

Overall, real nice efficiency, especially playing in one of the most competitive conferences: View attachment 87741

Also, I like how he's a plus foul guy as in he doesn't get charged for a lot of fouls, yet he draws a lot of fouls and gets to the line.

Also, I'd imagine Vanderbilt has a high standard of academics and personality, so Lawrence should be a nice culture fit on that end. Solid defensive metrics too, according to EvanMiya.

Would you consider him a SG/CG? Did some background and didn't see any positional reference other than guard.. Assists/game ave. suggest CG/SG Another Georgia-based guard..

Reaction Score
Would you consider him a SG/CG? Did some background and didn't see any positional reference other than guard.. Assists/game ave. suggest CG/SG Another Georgia-based guard..

He's a wing. No need to differentiate. SG/CG/SF are basically the same thing in our system. Even PF has essentially the same role on offense, but we use their size in more screening actions.

Reaction Score
He's a wing. No need to differentiate. SG/CG/SF are basically the same thing in our system. Even PF has essentially the same role on offense, but we use their size in more screening actions.
Agreed.. Just trying to ascertain how Vandy used him.

Reaction Score

Overall, real nice efficiency, especially playing in one of the most competitive conferences: View attachment 87741

Saw the tweet he was in the portal and agreed that on the surface, seems like a nice fit. We’ll see if there’s any interest.

Reaction Score
He had a pretty big jump in his shooting efficiency this year, which is always a yellow flag, but both 3pt and FT went up, so hopefully that means he's actually put the work in and improved. His out of conference and conference FT and 3pt % splits were also basically identical, which is a good sign for consistency. Gets to the line a lot and nice steal rate, which is a nice sign for his functional athleticism as well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He had a pretty big jump in his shooting efficiency this year, which is always a yellow flag, but both 3pt and FT went up, so hopefully that means he's actually put the work in and improved. His out of conference and conference FT and 3pt % splits were also basically identical, which is a good sign for consistency. Gets to the line a lot and nice steal rate, which is a nice sign for his functional athleticism as well.
At first glance, he actually looks more like a fit for UConn than Timberlake. We do have one ship to offer regardless of the draft.

Reaction Score
At first glance, he actually looks more like a fit for UConn than Timberlake. We do have one ship to offer regardless of the draft.
His stats are a little bit like a worse passing Newton, which would probably be a good fit next to Castle if Newton doesn't return.

But we'd still be lacking that off ball screen shooting role that Hawkins/Calcaterra filled.

Reaction Score
Is there that much free cash on Federal Hill committed to PC?

On a more serious note, what would the attraction be otherwise? I don't know anything about this player but it's hard to figure why a five star big man would reclassify to go to PC with all the unknowns involved with a new coach and a roster of new players.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Is there that much free cash on Federal Hill committed to PC?

On a more serious note, what would the attraction be otherwise? I don't know anything about this player but it's hard to figure why a five star big man would reclassify to go to PC with all the unknowns involved with a new coach and a roster of new players.
Maybe because they don't have a center? As for cash, wherever PC gets it, it's not Federal Hill. College Hill, East Providence.

Reaction Score
A former 2017 All-American is back for another year of college basketball!

This will be O'Bannon's SEVENTH year of D1 basketball. The kid played only 18 games in his first three seasons at USC (finger injuries), but has turned into a solid 3-and-D forward for TCU.

For all the weirdness and sliminess in the portal, stuff like this is cool. Happy for O'Bannon.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what is going on with Akok? I will root for that kid in whatever he does. I don’t think he has entered the portal and I’m pretty sure he can use another year if he wants.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Xavier gets a big boost as Zach Freemantle announces his return to Xavier for fifth and final season. Big East gets stronger. No nights off in league play.

I really like Freemantle’s game under Miller. More under control, better decisions. Miller will need to load manage him though. Keep his minutes per game around 25. Foot problems are chronic injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom