Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You've been posting on Friar Talk too long, no way to know how good they will be. And Hopkins better develop some more offensive game as everyone's figured out what he can and can't do.
Nah. They return as much as we do considering departures stay the same. A potential BEPOY ( DC vs Hopkins) an upper class hellacious guard ( Carter vs who, today?) Dual rated pretty much dead heat with Ball. Kick dirt on their grave at your own peril. I already beat a boneyarder in a bet THIS year for you guys doing this. I don’t like providence, it’s ok to recognize good moves.

Reaction Score
I’m not saying he needs to come back or he shouldn’t have left.

Simply that his type would be good for next year as just a reliable ballhandler who can get us into an offense and hit some open shots. Ala Craig Austrie. If Newton doesn’t come back our PGs are Castle, Ball, and Diarra. Would be nice to have a “true” PG in the mix.
Ball is more of a shooting guard. So our PG situation would be the same as last year substitute Newton for Castle and no AJ to help out.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ball is more of a shooting guard. So our PG situation would be the same as last year substitute Newton for Castle and no AJ to help out.
No Joey either who was more than what I’m talking about but still a great PG off the bench.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Nah. They return as much as we do considering departures stay the same. A potential BEPOY ( DC vs Hopkins) an upper class hellacious guard ( Carter vs who, today?) Dual rated pretty much dead heat with Ball. Kick dirt on their grave at your own peril. I already beat a boneyarder in a bet THIS year for you guys doing this. I don’t like providence, it’s ok to recognize good moves.
You are ignoring Castle, who I gather will be better than Carter in a shot amount of time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yeah I don’t get it. You have your two best players ( one of them was almost BE POY THIS season) matured for next season, and then better guards. Anyone who says you are “less talented” doesn’t watch through neutral glasses.

That being said. We are going to beat you into the dirt :).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You are ignoring Castle, who I gather will be better than Carter in a shot amount of time.
I’m not ignoring castle. I wouldn’t trade pc’s guards for ours. Just don’t shortsell them.

Reaction Score
Closer to a SF than even a SG. He doesn't have any traditional PG skills.
From what i’ve watched and read (pointguardeyes does an incredibly in depth analysis) he has shown flashes of quick twitch handle and passing chops. Definitely won’t be playing any PG to start, maybe never will for us, but seems like he has the groundwork to develop the secondary playmaker role

Reaction Score
Wow, Nova loaded up and still might get Dickinson.. YIKES
They needed to considering how barren the roster was. They had a long way to go to get to the bubble

Reaction Score
I question the shooting. But if CFJ and Pierre have numbers that continue to translate once doubling the usage, then I think PC is a better team then in 2022-2023. Just gotta put it together away from the Dunk.

Reaction Score

CCSU with a very quality pickup: Fairfield grad transfer Allan Jeanne-Rose. He was always a versatile defender for the Stags but AJR had his best offensive season last year. Him and incoming senior Kellen Amos make up for a high-impact duo of 6'7 wings/forwards:

Amos: 6'7 190 14.1p, 3.4r, 2.0 3PM, 35.2 3p%

Jeanne-Rose: 6'7 200 10.0p, 4.1r, 2.2a, 52.2 fg%, 72.9 FT%, 3rd best defensive metrics on Fairfield

Reaction Score
My top wishlist at the moment:

Aaron Estrada - rumors put him pretty firmly with Alabama.
Jaylon Tyson - Probably KU unless the Timberlake commit throws him off.
Noah Thomasson - Georgia, Penn St, Pitt, OK st are the top on him it seems.
Max Shulga - Might be heading to VCU with his old coach.
Dawson Baker - Seems like a mountain time zone guy.

I don't know. Maybe we just wait and see if anything else shakes loose.
Expected, but cross one name off.

Reaction Score

If he reclasses it wont be to PC. He isnt coming in to play behind Oturu and Oturu aint sticking around to play behind him. Why the Ike talk was always nonsense.

Reaction Score
If he's open to playing similar minutes that were available for Timberlake, I wonder if Montana State transfer RaeQuan Battle (former #80 prospect from Washington) would be a suitable target.

The 6'5 190 fifth-year senior is currently visiting West Virginia, a team that is flush with new guard additions (Krissa, Perez, Silverio), so I don't see a super good fit at WVU.

Battle was the man at Montana State, arguably the best team in the Big Sky for the last two seasons, averaging 17.7p, 1.5 3PM, 35.3 3p%, 4.1 FTA, 83.3 FT%, 1.5 TO and was a part of one of the better defenses in mid-major basketball.

There's a bit of Alleyne in his game in that he can play the 2 or 3 and limits mistakes on the offensive end.

I also like how Battle is a one-year commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom