Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Newton doesn't come back, Hassan Diarra has a golden opportunity. A little more consistency on his 3 pointer (if he can get that shot to 35% with more volume) and he'll be solid. With PT he can run the offense better, and he's already there when it comes to ballhandling (too much of it, actually) and defense.
Please don't let it come to this.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Good thing you are here to decide which comments are dumb or smart. If you knew anything about Arkansas you would have understood why we would blow them out. Kansas was without their coach and texas crushed them twice. Anytime you want to compare w2’s let me know
Awesome.

Reaction Score
If Newton doesn't come back, Hassan Diarra has a golden opportunity. A little more consistency on his 3 pointer (if he can get that shot to 35% with more volume) and he'll be solid. With PT he can run the offense better, and he's already there when it comes to ballhandling (too much of it, actually) and defense.

Please no. He can’t shoot a lick, his handle was suspect against real good defenders hardly could start the offense past the hash. Like the kid, can defend on occasion but if he’s more than a small piece we’re in rebuild.

Reaction Score
X and Creighton have filled backcourt holes well.

X still has some front court work to do, if they can.

Cause picks up Chance Westry which is good for them I guess.
I like the overall sentiment here that we are happy to see our BE peers improve themselves. We always welcome the competition.

Do you think the other BE coaches--or fanbases--would be happy to see Andre Jackson back on UConn next year? I bet the coaches will poop their pants.

Reaction Score
He can shoot and we need shooters. If there are better ones available, then I'm all for that.
There are dozens of better players available than Girard, including our own freshman recruits. Let him rot somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Bored now that basketball is over and watching the Hurley doc on showtime. (Nice RJ feature)

Apparently Xander Rice (Bucknell) is in the portal. Unsure if he’d want the role, but looks to be a good CG choice for the Joey role

Reaction Score
Idk where to put this but Philon just decommited from Auburn. 2nd to do so in their 2024 class. Will be interesting if Tahaad decides to do the same. I’m sure staff is keepin a pulse on that situation

Reaction Score
Idk where to put this but Philon just decommited from Auburn. 2nd to do so in their 2024 class. Will be interesting if Tahaad decides to do the same. I’m sure staff is keepin a pulse on that situation
Why the decommits?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Jabar Gaffney was useful with FAU.

Diarra is ahead of Gaffney at the same time in their careers.
Funny enough Gaffney would probably be a good fit for this years team as a guy who can simply be an extra ballhandler who takes a few shots. Don’t need anything crazy from the backup PG spot. Just a Craig Austrie type.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Providence isn't in shambles as Kim English has done a good job holding everything together. However, on their forums they were excited and expecting Graham Ike to be committed to them in the same way we were expecting Nicholas Timberlake to be committed to UConn.
They have a worse roster than last year with George Mason players and an unproven George Mason coach. Please do not compare them to the National Championship Winning UConn Huskies.

Reaction Score
He shot 41% from 3 in 21-22 and 33% last season. If he averages out that would put him at about 36-37%. He can shoot
Not sure about that.
What if his trend line takes him to 25% next year and then 17% the following year?
Of course, he could always flip the trend and go to 49% next year and like Joey C mid-season to 57% the following year............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom