Transfer Portal April 2023 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weitsman (syracuses biggest booster) announced he wasn’t going to be involved with Cuse anymore & instead dedicate his resources to Binghamton.

There may be bags now. Welcome to the NIL/New World Order of Binghampton hoops lol
Actually, Adam didn’t announce anything related to supporting Binghamton. That was purely conjecture on syracusefan. But he’s been spending a lot of time with Harvey Stenger, the school’s president, many months prior to his disengagement from SU.

NIL on the up and up? Sure, I can see Binghamton doing that with Adam. Bags? Nope. If you know anything about Binghamton’s basketball history, one thing is certain. The school is not interested in taking shortcuts or dumb risks ever again. One hit to the school’s reputation was enough.

Reaction Score
Have we been linked to Dingle at all? Have we reached out?
Washington and Indiana are the only 2 schools I've seen publicly listed as contacting him by reporters. Kentucky has been suggested heavily due to connections, but haven't seen anything confirmed.

Reaction Score
Washington and Indiana are the only 2 schools I've seen publicly listed as contacting him by reporters. Kentucky has been suggested heavily due to connections, but haven't seen anything confirmed.
I haven’t seen us linked to anyone since Timberlake. I think the staff just has to wait on Newton and Jackson at this point before moving forward

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen us linked to anyone since Timberlake. I think the staff just has to wait on Newton and Jackson at this point before moving forward
Doesn’t mean we can’t reach out to guys as a contingency. If they both decide to leave on 5/31 and we haven’t spoken to anyone since mid-April, we’re in trouble. Think this staff likes to work in the darkness as well so wouldn’t be surprising to me at all if we’re in contact with some guys but word just hasn’t gotten out.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. We still have an open scholarship no matter if they come back and we still need a shooter after losing Hawkins and Joey C. We were looking for a shooter before they left so them entering the draft shouldn't change that.

Reaction Score
Last I heard Newton wasn’t invited to the combine. I don’t know if that means anything.
In most cases I think it's a sign you're not gonna be drafted, but in Tristen's case I'm not sure it's very meaningful. He's not a true early entrant in the sense he's a senior with a Covid year left, so I think his feedback will be more the chances of getting a summer league/G League shot, which isn't necessarily tied to the combine

Reaction Score
I'm not sure all the combine invites are out yet, so it's still possible Newton gets invited eventually. The NBA announces the full attendees list usually a week before the combine. He could also get an invite to the G League Elite Camp and from there could work his way to combine (like Tyrese did, and he started one step earlier at Portsmouth).

Either way, as @navery12 suggests, we don't know what threshold of NBA contract he's looking for. If he's not invited, then he's not likely to get drafted, but may settle for an undrafted 2-way route if a couple teams say they'd offer one or overseas professional interest. I doubt he leaves for camp invite/exhibit 10 contract, though. He's gotta be able to make more than that while being a BMOC at UConn and not grinding through the 50 game G league schedule.

Reaction Score

6'6 215, good rebounder and a steady perimeter weapon (1.6 3PM). 125th best offensive rating in the nation, according to KenPom. Consistently good defensive metrics too.

Not flashy, but IMO, a very good player. Maybe if he were a 6'4 guard, I'd be more into him with this roster?

Reaction Score

6'6 215, good rebounder and a steady perimeter weapon (1.6 3PM). 125th best offensive rating in the nation, according to KenPom. Consistently good defensive metrics too.

Not flashy, but IMO, a very good player. Maybe if he were a 6'4 guard, I'd be more into him with this roster?

Also, let’s not forget how amused we’d all be to see Bill Murray high-fiving Dennis Rodman at a key moment in a game.

Reaction Score

Sneaky good fit

Reaction Score
Sneaky good fit
I slept on this idea and woke up in full synchronicity with this opinion.

If Newton returns, but Jackson goes pro, the addition of Rodman would fit in beautifully in the vacant 3 spot (assume position variability with this chart, 2s don't have to be 2s, etc):

PGs: Newton, Diarra
2s: Castle, Ball
3s: Rodman, Ross, Roumoglou
4s: Karaban, Stewart
5s: Clingan, Johnson, Singare

Or, like if Ball forces himself into a starting role (Newton, Ball, Castle, Karaban, Clingan) Rodman would be a backup 3/4 off the bench.

Overall, I really like Rodman's shooting, rebounding, defense, his dad and the ability to play both forward spots.

Reaction Score

If Newton returns, but Jackson goes pro, the addition of Rodman would fit in beautifully in the vacant 3 spot (assume position variability with this chart, 2s don't have to be 2s, etc):

Or, like if Ball forces himself into a starting role (Newton, Ball, Castle, Karaban, Clingan) Rodman would be a backup 3/4 off the bench.

Overall, I really like Rodman's shooting, rebounding, defense, his dad and the ability to play both forward spots.
Curiosity question.. Have not seen tape on either.. Assuming Delaire is still available and your scenario re: Jackson comes to pass.. How would you see Jaiden Delaire fitting in if Rodman is not available- stays on West Coast for next stop??

Edit; Obviously the status of both players at the time we become aware of Andre's situation is critical.

Last edited:
Reactions: GG

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

That seems a possible scenario, which is why a 3 that can shoot and rebound has been at the top of my list in the portal. I don't want to trust that to freshmen. Your lineup looks good, except I expect Johnson to be the primary backup at both 4 and 5. I also see Stewart as a 3 not a 4.

Reaction Score
Curiosity question.. Have not seen tape on either.. Assuming Delaire is still available and your scenario re: Jackson comes to pass.. How would you see Jaiden Delaire fitting in if Rodman is not available- stays on West Coast for next stop??

Edit; Obviously the status of both players at the time we become aware of Andre's situation is critical.
To take Delaire, you'd have to be betting his four years at Stanford were an aberration and his 12 games last year with San Diego were representative of his real ability. Anything's possible I suppose but I don't see the staff taking a flyer on a 6th year guy.

Reaction Score
To take Delaire, you'd have to be betting his four years at Stanford were an aberration and his 12 games last year with San Diego were representative of his real ability. Anything's possible I suppose but I don't see the staff taking a flyer on a 6th year guy.
We originally recruited him at Loomis prior to his Stanford decision so the staff is familiar with his skill set.. We did pretty well with grad transfer talent this past year

Reaction Score

I haven’t followed but his #s in Palo Alto read solid role player. He shot much better from 3 at USD but on lower usage.

Reaction Score
I haven’t followed but his #s in Palo Alto read solid role player. He shot much better from 3 at USD but on lower usage.
Shot much better from 3, but it's hard to read too much into it since the 47% was on 17 attempts. Very small sample size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom