Tom Moore | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tom Moore

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Don't need him. I like the recruiting classes we're starting to get. If he was a good X's and O's guy he wouldn't be getting released, so I see no need for him. Next time an asst. chooses to leave I would prefer a big man coach, preferably a Pete Newell if he returns from the grave. But I see no need for changes at the expense of a current coach. He should go to CCSU with Donyell and add some experience there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Don't need him. I like the recruiting classes we're starting to get. If he was a good X's and O's guy he wouldn't be getting released, so I see no need for him. Next time an asst. chooses to leave I would prefer a big man coach, preferably a Pete Newell if he returns from the grave. But I see no need for changes at the expense of a current coach. He should go to CCSU with Donyell and add some experience there.

The ONE thing Moore's teams always did was rebound. He would be an incredible improvement on the current big man coach.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hopefully sarcasm, but I can't exactly tell from your other posts. Guy's been here for 8 months. That's an itchy trigger finger if I ever saw one
The mentality of that post is not sarcasm. Consider the source

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Keep them all and add Moore if there's no baggage. If you can't keep them move Miller to oversee operations?

Reaction Score
I would put a couple members of the coaching staff into a trebuchet if it meant freeing up space for Tom Moore.

Ollie, Moore and Killings would recruit the paint off the walls.

YESSSSS

Reaction Score
I would put a couple members of the coaching staff into a trebuchet if it meant freeing up space for Tom Moore.

Thank you a couple people mentioning Killings being ousted. I mean can we give him some time? Agree, Tom would be more than welcome back.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

You should have said 'Ollie, Killings and Moore and Moore.'

Reaction Score
Killings deserves some more time.

Ricky Moore, who knows.

Glen Miller we know who he is at this point. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Moore in this role instead -- I like the toughness he instills.

Reaction Score

That's exactly how I feel. Ollie better be in his ear.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there additional bad blood w/ Moore beyond the Miles issues? I seem to remember him asserting that JC like to run up the score on teams to pad his players stats...
No, he views Calhoun as a father figure.

Reaction Score
Gosh I was just thinking about Moore yesterday and wondering if Q was going to let him go.

If he's available, they're crackers not to bring him back in the fold. Their recruiting would just be something else.

I'm not ready to see Ollie go anywhere yet. A shakeup on the coaching staff though? I'm all for it. Especially with a guy who had as much success here as Moore did.

Reaction Score
I mean how much of a boost it needs is debatable at least in terms of getting guys high up the list... next year's roster and nat'l rankings:

Adams - 25
Larrier - 41
Enoch - 72
Gilbert - 32
Jackson - 57
Durham - 30
Diarra - 133
MAL - 36
Plley - 106

You'd figure with that many top 50/100 guys...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm a pass on Moore. We need a solid developer of talent. Recruiting, Moore's strength, has been fine.

C

Chief00

Wasn't there additional bad blood w/ Moore beyond the Miles issues? I seem to remember him asserting that JC like to run up the score on teams to pad his players stats...

No, Jim likes Tom - always has!

C

Chief00

Chaise Daniels - - would he be eligible for transfer from Q now? He's 6-9 240pds and puts up decent numbers. Went to Hillhouse was like 26-1 and is much more active than Cobb.

Reaction Score
Chaise Daniels - - would he be eligible for transfer from Q now? He's 6-9 240pds and puts up decent numbers. Went to Hillhouse was like 26-1 and is much more active than Cobb.
He'd have to sit a year unless he graduates early. He has not redshirted.

Reaction Score

I love the fact that you mentioned a trebuchet in a forum about college basketball. That is not something many people can say.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Pass. He tends to lounge too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom