Tom Izzo Out of Control | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Out of Control

Reaction Score
Well, that tells us all we need to know, doesn't it?
You are so self righteous you fail to see you are doing the exact same thing you are calling me out on. Good work,, "snowflake".

Reaction Score
Please. I didn't need to hear anything. The fact that other kids felt compelled to seperate them tells me all I need to know. I don't know how I find myself debating this, but people justifying what Izzo did and how he looked is a joke. Why is it ok for a coach to act like that and no one else? Its not.
Still trying to figure out if this guy is joking?
Please. I didn't need to hear anything. The fact that other kids felt compelled to seperate them tells me all I need to know. I don't know how I find myself debating this, but people justifying what Izzo did and how he looked is a joke. Why is it ok for a coach to act like that and no one else? Its not.
I acted a similar way to one of the employees I managed around eight years ago. I yelled & screamed & continue to yell at the employee in saying “go home, go home, leave!”. This happened in front of about another 35 employees & I predetermined that I was going to do it weeks before because employees were being insubordinate with mid level management. Indirectly the behavior change of the other employees & actually later that afternoon the employee who I sent home in the morning came back to apologize to me. 8 years later he is now one of the best employees in the company. I’ve been on the other end of getting screamed at from owners, C.O.O., etc. of billion dollar companies. So to be totally transparent with you, your incorrect in your thesis & it is also silly to compare totally different environments. I can only imagine what the college kids call each other during practice, shootarounds, team events, etc. that would never fly in a corporate setting, just a totally redicoulous comparison. Read my post above on coaching/leading people.

Reaction Score
Tells us as much as it does you dismissing the actions of every one around him that heard his words.
I dismissed your flawed logic, not Izzo's actions. Now you are triggered and need a safe space.

Reaction Score
Life isnt easy and tensions do run high in a work place, sometimes you do say things you didnt mean to say, it happens were all human. God forbid coaches can show anymore emotion anymore, you had a senior leader step in and break it up saying we got this, sometimes you do lose it but the message is sent and theres that level of communication.

Reaction Score
This thread is a case study on what happens to rabid basketball fans starving for their team to be relevant again come March. Sorry, you can't slam Izzo for acting in a way that fired you up when Calhoun did it. Stop. Just stop.

Reaction Score
After reading and hearing about it on the radio, I don't know what all the fuss is about. He is holding players to a high standard like he holds himself to a high standard....and for those who say he had to be held back by another player is nonsense. A player decided on his own to interject and be the peacemaker. That player should mind his own business. Izzo wasn't going to hurt the player. Another overblown media story...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MSU’s Henry is getting 0 salary but pulls down books and meals. Tom Izzo is slurping from a coaches gravy train with endorsements pulling down 3-5 million a year. The kids come and go and the coaches are the real stars. These coaches have turned what was once a bupkis job into nirvana. Sneaker contracts, speeches you name it. They’re also stars that the media is nice to and actually fawns over the. Ever hear these guys on radio interviews? They get treated like the Lord. They become all powerful and they get spoiled and sometimes dirty. Happens to a lot of them ala Pitino. Question, does Izzo have clean hands after that investigation? Wasn’t it touch and go that he would even survive? You can scream at your players but at least apologize for having to be restrained for attacking one physically. Just say it was wrong, I got carried away. He’s lucky he didn’t hit him or his job would be gone.

Reaction Score
MSU’s Henry is getting 0 salary but pulls down books and meals. Tom Izzo is slurping from a coaches gravy train with endorsements pulling down 3-5 million a year. The kids come and go and the coaches are the real stars. These coaches have turned what was once a bupkis job into nirvana. Sneaker contracts, speeches you name it. They’re also stars that the media is nice to and actually fawns over the. Ever hear these guys on radio interviews? They get treated like the Lord. They become all powerful and they get spoiled and sometimes dirty. Happens to a lot of them ala Pitino. Question, does Izzo have clean hands after that investigation? Wasn’t it touch and go that he would even survive? You can scream at your players but at least apologize for having to be restrained for attacking one physically. Just say it was wrong, I got carried away. He’s lucky he didn’t hit him or his job would be gone.

Why should he apologize if he doesn’t mean it?

Reaction Score
Why should he apologize if he doesn’t mean it?
I’ll tell you why. Because he should mean it and realize such. He was an A hole. And if that’s his daily coaching practice technique with 18 year old kids he needs to find other work, for the kids sake and so he doesn’t blow an artery. Just my opinion.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
One of the hallmarks of being a man (or woman, but I am a man, so my perspective) is controlling your emotions. Yelling at a kid like JC did to Boat is bullying - period. JC did not have the skills to motivate without threatening and humiliating kids. I'm glad he won for UConn, but his behavior did not reflect well on him or UConn.

Reaction Score

There's a lot to unwrap here. I'd like one subscription to your newsletter please.

Reaction Score
Lot of tough guys and high school heroes in this thread. Watch an Izzo press conference one time. Guy’s the biggest snowflake there is. Thank god Cassius Winston was there to be the adult.
Yep, it's a tough guy thing. Oh thank god Cassius was there, it might be the only thing keeping Aaron Henry alive.

Reaction Score
After reading and hearing about it on the radio, I don't know what all the fuss is about. He is holding players to a high standard like he holds himself to a high standard....and for those who say he had to be held back by another player is nonsense. A player decided on his own to interject and be the peacemaker. That player should mind his own business. Izzo wasn't going to hurt the player. Another overblown media story...

I don't think that player was in the wrong neither was Izzo in the wrong there it's a natural reflex to put your hands up when there is tension, and he's in the huddle with them so it very much is his business. Sometimes you do lose control of your emotions and you do need someone to hold you back sheet happens.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I don't think that player was in the wrong neither was Izzo in the wrong there it's a natural reflex to put your hands up when there is tension, and he's in the huddle with them so it very much is his business. Sometimes you do lose control of your emotions and you do need someone to hold you back sheet happens.
I hear ya on this. I still think it's not his place but his natural reaction was to intervene and make peace so kudos to him. I guess my point was more that Izzo wasn't going to put his hands on the kid but because the other one stepped in it created a bigger story than it really should be.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't know that. Maybe if somebody stepped in front of Neil Reed, Bobby Knight would still be coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom