Tom Izzo Out of Control | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Out of Control

Reaction Score
Yep, it's a tough guy thing. Oh thank god Cassius was there, it might be the only thing keeping Aaron Henry alive.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
The hypocrisy in this thread is pure comedy. Calhoun disciples being triggered by this is odd.

I think you can be a huge fan of Calhoun and still find some of his antics embarrassing. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

And, to me, there's a difference between screaming at a kid and acting unhinged and having to be restrained by your players like Izzo was yesterday. Plus I just think Izzo's a phony clown, has done himself no favors in connection with various and sundry recent MSU investigations, and is a thin-skinned bully with the media. He can get after 18 year olds with impunity but when some nerd with a tape recorder asks him a question he doesn't like he melts down.

And the idea that he's going to lecture some media member about "accountability" is a damn joke, given what we know now about various aspects of the MSU athletic department - including the basketball program.

Reaction Score
Gotta love a fan base that sat through decades of Calhoun and Gino being mad at Tom Izzo. What bunch of AH's.

This coming off a year of watching Dan Hurley be alive next to a basketball court.

And 'went after him' and 'restrained' are so dramatically over the top. Do you guys normally advertise yourselves as being this far down the food chain or is this a new thing?

Reaction Score
MSU’s Henry is getting 0 salary but pulls down books and meals. Tom Izzo is slurping from a coaches gravy train with endorsements pulling down 3-5 million a year. The kids come and go and the coaches are the real stars. These coaches have turned what was once a bupkis job into nirvana. Sneaker contracts, speeches you name it. They’re also stars that the media is nice to and actually fawns over the. Ever hear these guys on radio interviews? They get treated like the Lord. They become all powerful and they get spoiled and sometimes dirty. Happens to a lot of them ala Pitino. Question, does Izzo have clean hands after that investigation? Wasn’t it touch and go that he would even survive? You can scream at your players but at least apologize for having to be restrained for attacking one physically. Just say it was wrong, I got carried away. He’s lucky he didn’t hit him or his job would be gone.

“Attacking one physically” lol wow

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Winston saves a Norman Dale moment.

Reaction Score
I have always been bored by the -"toughen up, you big baby argument". MSU has over 50,000 students. Faculty/staff around 1500, maybe 2K total employees. Imagine a physics professor getting up in a students face screaming and frothing at a mental mistake. Imagine the debate team coach blowing up at a kid. Imagine any "employee" acting that way towards a subordinate. I wish so badly my boss would go off on me like that. I wish one of my kids teachers did something like that. I would not praise the coach or teacher in any way. Please stop pretending this is acceptable, whether it is JC, Izzo, The guy at Alabama always going off on the press, etc, etc, etc. He is a bully and a punk. And yeah, JC was a bully. So now let's here some cute anecdote about what a big teddy bear he is in real life.

Reaction Score
Sure could've fooled me.
Not trying to fool anyone. Where exactly is the line drawn.
Seems when a coach wins we allow them liberties that are acceptable no where else in life. Not JC...any coach. Knight(until he finally went off the deep end) for the perfect example. I personally wonder what they are like at home with their kids. Not a big reach really.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not trying to fool anyone. Where exactly is the line drawn.
Seems when a coach wins we allow them liberties that are acceptable no where else in life. Not JC...any coach. Knight(until he finally went off the deep end) for the perfect example. I personally wonder what they are like at home with their kids. Not a big reach really.

I rarely report posts on principle, but if this says what I think it does, delete your account and never come back to this website. You're beyond terrible.

Reaction Score
I rarely report posts on principle, but if this says what I think it does, delete your account and never come back to this website. You're beyond terrible.
What exactly do you think it says? I wonder where the line is drawn with some of these guys and their
tempers. Bobby Knight challenged a student to a fist fight in the cafeteria for referring to him as "coach".

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What exactly do you think it says? I wonder where the line is drawn with some of these guys and there tempers. Bobby Knight challenged a student to a fist fight in the cafeteria for referring to him as "coach".

"I personally wonder what they are like at home with their kids. Not a big reach really."

I think you just made a veiled accusation that a group of coaches (including Jim Calhoun) beat their children. Leave this board now and never come back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom