Tom Izzo Out of Control | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Out of Control

Reaction Score
CF4814C5-5DED-495A-B768-D0E1FFC0F1E3.jpeg

Reaction Score
I remember when Jimmy went off on Charlie V for not trying to block a dunk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is just fun now

To be fair he was up by less than 20. Game was still in play.
Chuckle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Advice for the MSU player:

Calhoun criticized for sideline behavior
We ran a photo on Tuesday of a fire-breathing coach Jim Calhoun screaming at Ryan Boatright during UConn's game against West Virginia on Monday.

Heading into a timeout early in the second half, Calhoun stomped toward Boatright and then blasted the freshman guard while standing face-to-face.

Boatright took the heat without saying a word.

It was an uncomfortable, cringe-worthy moment.

Here's what Boatright said about the situation:

"You've got two options: You can either suck it up like a man and play through it and be coachable. Or you can let it get to you and you get down on yourself and get mad and let it take you all the way out of our game.

"He's going to be coaching, no matter what. He's not going to change. It's the way you respond to it, and I responded well.

"I just knew I had to make some plays happen and play smart and he'll be happy."
Boat is one of the most underrated UConn players. Love that kid. Tough as nails.

Reaction Score
I remember when Jimmy went off on Charlie V for not trying to block a dunk
I remember at the XL he took off up the court after Craig Austrie.

Reaction Score
Said, "inmates running the asylum" in the hallway interview. Why do people in the sports hierarchy keep using such metaphors?
But I like the guy. Like his teams. Hate the one that beat us in 09, love the one that we handled in 14 - the comeback run in the 1st half was awesome, and it was led by DD. Dude hit his peak at just the right time.

Reaction Score
I thought what happened was going to be a lot worse based on the article and comments. Izzo wasnt happy about their region on Sunday and today he had a little meltdown, so maybe the stress is starting to get to him and hes getting more cranky now that hes getting older. Im sure he wants to get one more Championship. Hes got 7 Final Fours and only one Championship, at least we are 4 out of 5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

One of the best gifs I've ever seen. Howie doing the lords work. Looks a little terrified,

Laughing to myself about people complaining about Hurley.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Advice for the MSU player:

Calhoun criticized for sideline behavior
We ran a photo on Tuesday of a fire-breathing coach Jim Calhoun screaming at Ryan Boatright during UConn's game against West Virginia on Monday.

Heading into a timeout early in the second half, Calhoun stomped toward Boatright and then blasted the freshman guard while standing face-to-face.

Boatright took the heat without saying a word.

It was an uncomfortable, cringe-worthy moment.

Here's what Boatright said about the situation:

"You've got two options: You can either suck it up like a man and play through it and be coachable. Or you can let it get to you and you get down on yourself and get mad and let it take you all the way out of our game.

"He's going to be coaching, no matter what. He's not going to change. It's the way you respond to it, and I responded well.

"I just knew I had to make some plays happen and play smart and he'll be happy."

God I miss that kid. What a stud.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
They are. Kids don't have as thick of skin as in the past. They don't take criticism well.
No old people are soft who then in turn make soft kids. This thread wasn’t started by a kid.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This thread sucks.

Does Hurley treat refs poorly too? Why didn’t Calhoun offer participation awards? And what about KO, it’s unfair what he did to those barstools at Grants.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Didn't Calhoun blow his top so badly at Coombs McDaniel at a game on Maui that the entire gym went quiet?

Reaction Score
Deplorable behavior that I am certain, given their impeccable history, the University of which he is employed will fairly punish him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom