Tom Izzo Out of Control | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Out of Control

Reaction Score
"I personally wonder what they are like at home with their kids. Not a big reach really."

I think you just made a veiled accusation that a group of coaches (including Jim Calhoun) beat their children. Leave this board now and never come back.
I never said or implied beat. You can harm a child by screaming and belittling them also. I have raised 4 myself. All the coaches mentioned have on numerous occasions displayed problems controlling their temper. That is on the record. If you want to pretend it stops with the players and never spills over into "real life", so be it. I am not that naïve,
Beat them, I have no idea. Don't perpetuate your implications.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I never said or implied beat. You can harm a child by screaming and belittling them also. I have raised 4 myself. All the coaches mentioned have on numerous occasions displayed problems controlling their temper. That is on the record. If you want to pretend it stops with the players and never spills over into "real life", so be it. I am not that naïve,
Beat them, I have no idea. Don't perpetuate your implications.

No, you put that a sentence after you mentioned Bobby Knight "going off the deep end" for a reason. Sick f-k.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
First. DO NOT PUT YOUR MEANING ON MY WORDS.
2nd....Find someone else to attack.

Do not accuse the man who built this program and has benefited countless lives of things like that.

Also, leave.

Reaction Score
First. DO NOT PUT YOUR MEANING ON MY WORDS.
2nd....Find someone else to attack.
You've attacked our Hall of fame coach in multiple threads and accused our University of being racist and you have the nerve to whine about getting blowback.

Reaction Score
You've attacked our Hall of fame coach in multiple threads and accused our University of being racist and you have the nerve to whine about getting blowback.
Wow....really? Again with the reading comprehension. "Accused our university of being racist". Read much. If you went to UConn, you might want to get your money back.

Reaction Score
Wow....really? Again with the reading comprehension. "Accused our university of being racist". Read much. If you went to UConn, you might want to get your money back.
You know what you've posted, stop being a scumbag.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I know what I have posted. I am not going to start ANOTHER KO thread here. Stop being an idiot. You sound like a school bully.

You sound like someone who crossed the line and wants to stop people from judging him for it.

Reaction Score
You sound like someone who crossed the line and wants to stop people from judging him for it.
I don't care if you judge me or not. Your opinion iof me is YOUR PROBLEM.
I am OK when I look in the mirror.
I do not hide behind a handle. Many here know who I am, and I don't try to veil it in secrecy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not trying to fool anyone. Where exactly is the line drawn.
Seems when a coach wins we allow them liberties that are acceptable no where else in life. Not JC...any coach. Knight(until he finally went off the deep end) for the perfect example. I personally wonder what they are like at home with their kids. Not a big reach really.

This isn't true. They allow the same liberties (more so) in the military eg boot camp etc.

And sports and war are analogous in a number of ways. War is often used as a metaphor for sports. From the training/drilling, 2 opposing sides, the team hierarchy, the battle on the playing field, and everything in between.

Reaction Score
This isn't true. They allow the same liberties (more so) in the military eg boot camp etc.

And sports and war are analogous in a number of ways. War is often used as a metaphor for sports. From the training/drilling, 2 opposing sides, the team hierarchy, the battle on the playing field, and everything in between.
Been through boot camp personally. One is training you to fight for your life, where mistakes can cost many people their life.
I remember standing in the hot sun for hours because one member of our platoon twitched. I also remember getting smacked by my company commander for mouthing off. Him standing in my face when I almost reacted and screaming "you wanna hit me boy". I sure did. Frankly one of the most offensive things ever is comparing sports and war. When I hear a player say, "I want him in a foxhole with me".....like they even know what a foxhole is.
Clearly not the same thing. Not even close.

Reaction Score
[/QUOTE]
Been through boot camp personally. One is training you to fight for your life, where mistakes can cost many people their life.
I remember standing in the hot sun for hours because one member of our platoon twitched. I also remember getting smacked by my company commander for mouthing off. Him standing in my face when I almost reacted and screaming "you wanna hit me boy". I sure did. Frankly one of the most offensive things ever is comparing sports and war. When I hear a player say, "I want him in a foxhole with me".....like they even know what a foxhole is.
And yet here you are whining on a message that you're being bullied and comparing major d1 bball coaches to physics professors and cpa's.

Reaction Score
And yet here you are whining on a message that you're being bullied and comparing major d1 bball coaches to physics professors and cpa's.[/QUOTE]
If you actually HAD ANY POINT At ALL, you post might make some sense.
Yeah comparing different departments at the same organization makes no sense. But comparing men being trained to make baskets in the same as men being trained to defend their country ar die trying.
Real Deep..............NOT!

Reaction Score
And yet here you are whining on a message that you're being bullied and comparing major d1 bball coaches to physics professors and cpa's.
Yeah comparing different departments at the same organization makes no sense. But comparing men being trained to make baskets in the same as men being trained to defend their country ar die trying.
Real Deep....NOT![/QUOTE]
Sweet "Not" joke!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Frankly one of the most offensive things ever is comparing sports and war.

Obviously it's not the same thing. That's why it's a metaphor. It's not a statement of equivalency. Sports has often been thought of as a proxy/symbol for war from time immemorial. If you want to be offended by that, it's up to you.

The point was: when you are trying to push young men to their absolute limits of their abilities, you've got to stretch the boundaries of normal interaction. You want to make them as mentally tough as possible. To handle every situation they might be presented with.

You need to play like you are fighting for your life. If you lose, you die. You'll perform better that way. It's about putting yourself into that mindset, without you actually having your life on the line.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But comparing men being trained to make baskets in the same as men being trained to defend their country ar die trying.
Real Deep....NOT!

I repeat, if you prepare for the former, like you do for the latter (relatively speaking), from a mental perspective, you will be better/tougher than not. ie, if you push your body and mind to the edge, and beyond, you'll perform better.

Reaction Score
Real Deep....NOT!
Sweet "Not" joke![/QUOTE]
Whining? Where and When did YOU SERVE?????????

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Obviously it's not the same thing. That's why it's a metaphor. It's not a statement of equivalency. Sports has often been thought of as a proxy/symbol for war from time immemorial. If you want to be offended by that, it's up to you.

The point was: when you are trying to push young men to their absolute limits of their abilities, you've got to stretch the boundaries of normal interaction. You want to make them as mentally tough as possible. To handle every situation they might be presented with.

You need to play like you are fighting for your life. If you lose, you die. You'll perform better that way. It's about putting yourself into that mindset, without you actually having your life on the line.

You can’t pull a woody Hayes though.

Winston prevented that from happening

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom