Tom Izzo Out of Control | The Boneyard

Tom Izzo Out of Control

Reaction Score
It wasn’t that he went after his player for bad defense it was just that it looked like he wanted to kill him, had to be restrained by a player. getting angry is one thing but he lost it. Bad look. Yes he gets players, yes he gets results and wins but the guy seems a jerk. He’s also skated on scandal recently.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lots of coaches are out of control for a variety of things they do to an excess or in the moment of anger
He's not the only one
But I wish MSU lost

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
And people blame kids for being “ soft”

Reaction Score
If you watch the Calhoun clip where is the part where a player has to hold him back from the player?

Reaction Score
1553222352843.png

Reaction Score
Calhoun: 'Sorry If People Misconstrued My Interaction With DeAndre Daniels'
UConn has reviewed an incident that took place late in the Huskies' loss at Rutgers on Saturday night when coach Jim Calhoun appeared to jab freshman DeAndre Daniels in the midsection.

Calhoun issued a statement: "I'm sorry if people misconstrued my interaction with DeAndre Daniels, made in an effort to get his attention in the final minutes of the Rutgers game. DeAndre and I have spoken about it."

Daniels, who had trouble getting the ball inbounds, called a timeout. As he walked to the bench, Calhoun, obviously incensed, got very close to him and, as SNY cameras suggest, there was contact made, though the view is blocked by players. Calhoun grabbed Daniels' shirt after the jab. Photos taken just afterward show Calhoun's fist closed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was a punch at Rutgers. I saw it. JC was very fortunate the cameras didn't.

Reaction Score
Jim should have bounced that ball right off Oriaki's head.

Reaction Score
Advice for the MSU player:

Calhoun criticized for sideline behavior
We ran a photo on Tuesday of a fire-breathing coach Jim Calhoun screaming at Ryan Boatright during UConn's game against West Virginia on Monday.

Heading into a timeout early in the second half, Calhoun stomped toward Boatright and then blasted the freshman guard while standing face-to-face.

Boatright took the heat without saying a word.

It was an uncomfortable, cringe-worthy moment.

Here's what Boatright said about the situation:

"You've got two options: You can either suck it up like a man and play through it and be coachable. Or you can let it get to you and you get down on yourself and get mad and let it take you all the way out of our game.

"He's going to be coaching, no matter what. He's not going to change. It's the way you respond to it, and I responded well.

"I just knew I had to make some plays happen and play smart and he'll be happy."

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Jimmy could get, um excited It didn’t matter who was in the way. I saw him drop kick the scorers table a few times with some innocent guy sitting on the other side. I’d be damn pissed if I were that guy. Don’t know if JC ever apologized.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom