Time for a Change | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Time for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if it was roughing or not in person you follow the ball and we don't have the benefit of replay, it doesn't really matter when there was another personal foul on the same play though does it?

I thought it was a good call on Junior. What I'm saying is: you put it on the coaches. I find that ridiculous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the undergrad level they go through administration, because those are hired admissions professionals making those decisions. At the grad level, admissions decisions go through faculty. Big difference. Baton Rouge, Gainesville and Tallahassee have never encountered this particular situation.

Sure they haven't. Let's say for a moment they had this 'issue'. In your professional opinion if the best returning player at thin position at the University of Alabama needed to get into a program - would he get into that program?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought it was a good call on Junior. What I'm saying is: you put it on the coaches. I find that ridiculous.

I flat out said I don't put that PLAY on the coaches. I asked you how many mistakes like that need to occur before it's on leadership. Instead of answering you butchered my post. Excellent work.

Reaction Score
Sure they haven't. Let's say for a moment they had this 'issue'. In your professional opinion if the best returning player at thin position at the University of Alabama needed to get into a program - would he get into that program?

The best returning player at Alabama is not looking at grad school in one of the nation's finest programs. he's looking at the NFL draft. That's why I wrote the situation doesn't occur. I was half joking. Nonetheless, do I think department faculty down south would make an accommodation when they take, on average, 3 to 5 students a year? Heck no.

Reaction Score
I flat out said I don't put that PLAY on the coaches. I asked you how many mistakes like that need to occur before it's on leadership. Instead of answering you butchered my post. Excellent work.

I have no idea what you're complaining about. You were complaining about 2 calls on the same play. i read that. One call was totally bogus and the other was unfortunate.

Reaction Score
I see eye to eye with both whaler and Skiblets often.

Frankly, I'm stunned at this thread being posted after 5 games.

I'll say this every week all year -- it's a worthless thread. Unless there are non-football reasons to file him, P is not being fired during or after this season or during next season. And, no matter what you think of the job he's doing, he deserves that chance and this University will give it to him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The best returning player at Alabama is not looking at grad school in one of the nation's finest programs. he's looking at the NFL draft. That's why I wrote the situation doesn't occur. I was half joking. Nonetheless, do I think department faculty down south would make an accommodation when they take, on average, 3 to 5 students a year? Heck no.

Ok then. So the schools will pimp out their undergraduate females, pay players, ignore arrests and ridiculous transgressions - but they wouldn't put a player who was a quality student in a graduate program.

Thanks for clearing that up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll say this every week all year -- it's a worthless thread. Unless there are non-football reasons to file him, P is not being fired during or after this season or during next season.

Everyone agrees that he isn't getting fired. That doesn't mean it's not the wrong decision.

You should probably save your post... you are going to need to copy and paste it again 7 days from now :).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is one of the stupidest threads in Boneyard history. I can't believe it is 5 pages long.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is one of the stupidest threads in Boneyard history. I can't believe it is 5 pages long.

As opposed to the thread today where you said that there was nothing to worry about today because UConn would win comfortably.

Reaction Score
Ok then. So the schools will pimp out their undergraduate females, pay players, ignore arrests and ridiculous transgressions - but they wouldn't put a player who was a quality student in a graduate program.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I said the administrators would do all those things. Faculty is a different story.

Reaction Score
In 2 or 3 years you guys may be proven to be right. But to start this thread 5 games into P's tenure is garbage.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have no idea what you're complaining about. You were complaining about 2 calls on the same play. i read that. One call was totally bogus and the other was unfortunate.

Let me boil it down to a few numbers what I'm complaining about:

36-51 471 yards 5 td 0 int

Reaction Score
Anyone who is an Edsall lover must have forgotten Navy, Collaros with his 700 yards, losing to Temple (Edsall has done it two years in a row with two BCS teams) and the recent history with Rutgers. Critcism re P warranted. You can't be up in 4th qtr of 3 games and lose them all. Deciding he needs to go after 5 games the way Uconn has played is early. No blow outs, each game was winnable. This game was one play from being tied and overtime. Other teams get scholarships also. Just looking at the skill positions do not think we have lost to a team where Uconn had the better QB or RB or WR's on the field. That is a pretty big deficit to overcome.

After watching the speed of the game re Alabama vs. Florida and LSU vs. WV; I'm seeing a big difference in playmaker talent on offense and playmaker ability in defensive backfield. Looks like WV, Cin and Pitt have offensive schemes and talent that will beat up our defense. Could be a long BE season, need to play hard and smart and get better (hopefully with few more injuries).

Need to have league affiliation stable for this year recruiting - need more talent.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone who is an Edsall hater must have forgotten going to the Fiesta Bowl.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Anyone who is an Edsall hater must have forgotten going to the Fiesta Bowl.

Anyone who is an Edsall apologist must have forgotton how he left the Fiesta Bowl.

Gutless. Playcalling and as a person. Gutless.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll take gutless and wins against MAC teams if this is the alternative.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This didn't have to be the alternative, but it's what we get because of a milquetoast AD.

Reaction Score
Let me boil it down to a few numbers what I'm complaining about:

36-51 471 yards 5 td 0 int

Whatever. It's impossible to discuss this with you. You go on about personal fouls, someone answers, you say you're not blaming 2 fouls on one play on the coaches, then make a point about one of our CBs getting burned over and over and over, 7 times on one series. Yes, we get it. The poor kid was shot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We've beaten Fordham and Buffalo.
We've lost to Vandy, Iowa St and WMU. Coach P gets no credit. None.

I wanted Edsall gone and talked myself into like the P hire.

I was right on the first count and wrong on the second. I don't think P will be fired and I'm uncomfortable just giving the guy one season, but I'm nervous right now.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Was Whaler an apologist? I remember a litany of bitching and moaning after every loss.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Coach P isn't going anywhere for this season and next season. So calling for his head right now is very premature.

That being said, I was ok with the hire, but it looks to be a mistake so far.

I can a poor W/L in a transitional year. However, the way they are losing these games is just unacceptable. Blown 4th quarter leads, disorganization on the field, mismanagement of the clock, penalties and the unwilligness to make changes during the game is headscratching.

Reaction Score
I was not in favor of the P hire, hated that happy high school letter crap from the CT high school coaches (not P's issue, but I transferred it onto him by default) and I don't buy the not his players argument, it's not like he's come in an installed the option and the players he inherited were recruited for a drop back pro style offense. That said, you can can the dude after a year or two....we're married to P and although it looks like it's not a great marriage after a few months we've got to ride it out and hope it stands the test of time with lots of high points.

I also didn't like Edsall at the end (I didn't think he could help us make the next jump), although I had/have immense respect for what he accomplished here. He did a very good job of coaching up the talent he recruited and P's going to have to do the same. We'll get some talent, but good lord if we think we're going to get a stream of marquee guys at this stage of the program's development and the conference mess it's an unrealistic expectation so P's going to have to coach 'em up and make adjustments to the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom