Time for a Change | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Time for a Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Again, i'm not disagreeing, in fact, for the sake of this discussion, lets say I do agree...

Pasqualoni deserves a chance to prove us wrong...next season all bets are off...

And he is going to get it. My problem isn't 2-3. He came in to a rough situation at QB and RB. My issues are that they are a disorganized mess. There is no reason a staff with this much experience should run such a disorganized mess. They handed this game away on personal fouls. They committed TWO personal fouls on the same damned play.

Reaction Score
One glaring difference between Edsall and PP is Edsall knew his players and molded his teams accordingly, i.e., run, run, run and bend don't break defense.

PP seems to be going for drastic changes, especially on defense and it ain't working. There's a reason we weren't agressive on defense last year. It's glaring.

Running McCombs into the ground will show bad results soon enough. If you are burning Delorenzo's RS at least give him a touch or two.

Hey Palatine....how you liking our ST's? Losing Frey and Sherman is hurting us big time.

Coaches are not impressive thus far.

Reaction Score
And he is going to get it. My problem isn't 2-3. He came in to a rough situation at QB and RB. My issues are that they are a disorganized mess. There is no reason a staff with this much experience should run such a disorganized mess. They handed this game away on personal fouls. They committed TWO personal fouls on the same damned play.

I know. Frustrating. But you can't say the offense didn't look competent in the second half today...that's progress. McEntee just tied the school record for td passes in a game, didn't he?

Again, I'm not happy, but I do see some progress on O.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
McEntee looks decent when they give him time. Problem is that the next few weeks they play much better defenses.

Reaction Score
I saw another loss, this time to a mid major team. You can have your moral victories. I'll be in Morgantown on Saturday hopefully walking proudly. My guess though is that I'll be back here post game and more posters will be agreeing with me.

I never said the team had a moral victory.

You're contradicting yourself.

You said you saw no signs of progress.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about Frey during the game and how Upstater would lecture us about how the school of Education is more important than the football team. Yeah, the school of Education doesn't get embarrassed in front of the world every Saturday. I'll make the trade.

I like how whaler lost his mind and just posted some Stop. The attitude of some of you guys is childish and embarrassing. You're better off looking into another hobby.

Reaction Score

Your posts continue to become more and more embarrassing. You honestly think that was roughing the passer? Do you honestly believe Junior should not have attempted to dislodge the ball there when the guy is going in for the touchdown? Please. You whining sissies will cry about anything.

Reaction Score
I don't like that whaler dude's attitude either. Junior nailed the guy. It was a great hit. We lost this game because the defense was not ready to play at the speed that WMU plays offense all game long. THat's it.

It was a great prep for what we'll have to do to beat WVU next week.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
None of this has anything to do with Edsall. This team is a disaster and is complete disarray. That is what matters.

Then why are the Edsallistas leading the charge here?

Reaction Score
Gentlemen, Coach PP gets a "pass" this year not matter how horrible the season. Next year is a different story. Unfortunately, losing to the likes of Central Michigan doesn't help to build our resume for entrance into a top tier conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Your posts continue to become more and more embarrassing. You honestly think that was roughing the passer? Do you honestly believe Junior should not have attempted to dislodge the ball there when the guy is going in for the touchdown? Please. You whining sissies will cry about anything.

Clearly you were watching from upstate NY. Junior's penalty was about as flagrant as can be committed. Dislodge a ball? There wasn't a ball within 15 yards when Junior took his shot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't like that whaler dude's attitude either. Junior nailed the guy. It was a great hit. We lost this game because the defense was not ready to play at the speed that WMU plays offense all game long. THat's it.

It was a great prep for what we'll have to do to beat WVU next week.

Great hit, just completely illegal.

Reaction Score
Gentlemen, Coach PP gets a "pass" this year not matter how horrible the season. Next year is a different story. Unfortunately, losing to the likes of Central Michigan doesn't help to build our resume for entrance into a top tier conference.

Losing to Western Mich sucks too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like how whaler lost his mind and just posted some bulldarn. The attitude of some of you guys is childish and embarrassing. You're better off looking into another hobby.

Really? There aren't dozens of posts from you telling us how wrong we were when we complained that the school of Education wouldn't take Frey? That any school that gives a damn about football would find a way to get the teams best returning running back into a graduate program so he didn't have to transfer to a D-II school?

It's childish to point out that it's this team's results are a complete embarrassment this season? We should just get kicked all over the field by Western Michigan and not point that out?

Reaction Score
Great hit, just completely illegal.

So you're putting that on the coach? It was illegal because of helmet to helmet. Now you're telling me that the coach would have advised a form tackle there? When the player went up high off the ground for the ball and happened to come down AFTER Junior had already gone in for the kill?

Reaction Score
Really? There aren't dozens of posts from you telling us how wrong we were when we complained that the school of Education wouldn't take Frey? That any school that gives a damn about football would find a way to get the teams best returning running back into a graduate program so he didn't have to transfer to a D-II school?

It's childish to point out that it's this team's results are a complete embarrassment this season? We should just get kicked all over the field by Western Michigan and not point that out?

Yes, it's beyond stupid for several reasons. One, Frey went to a school in PA after he learned that even if he had gone to UConn, PA would not have accredited him because PA doesn't recognize other Schools of Ed. Second, it's silly to imagine a department committee composed of professors being told to admit a kid based on football. You'd be laughed out of town. And rightly so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you're putting that on the coach? It was illegal because of helmet to helmet. Now you're telling me that the coach would have advised a form tackle there? When the player went up high off the ground for the ball and happened to come down AFTER Junior had already gone in for the kill?

I'm not putting that play on the coach. Junior has played like that for years. Do you need a laundry list of the other undisciplined plays tonight though? How many need to occur before it's on leadership?

Reaction Score
Not me. Bend but not break is fine. Breaking is what sucks and we're broken on D.

As a Patriot fan, I have appreciation for it, and I was always a defender of Edsall's defense. In the crucial ,moments, especially backed in their own red zone, they made some turnovers.

Reaction Score
I see eye to eye with both whaler and Skiblets often.

Frankly, I'm stunned at this thread being posted after 5 games.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, it's beyond stupid for several reasons. One, Frey went to a school in PA after he learned that even if he had gone to UConn, PA would not have accredited him because PA doesn't recognize other Schools of Ed. Second, it's silly to imagine a department committee composed of professors being told to admit a kid based on football. You'd be laughed out of town. And rightly so.

Right, so if he had gotten accepted he still would have transferred.

Would I be laughed out of the towns of Baton Rouge or Gainsville or Tallahasee? Are you going to try and tell me with a straight face that schools with good football programs don't make exceptions for football players they need?

Reaction Score
Clearly you were watching from upstate NY. Junior's penalty was about as flagrant as can be committed. Dislodge a ball? There wasn't a ball within 15 yards when Junior took his shot.

I was watching from upstate NY. Yes, I saw the replays too. a good hit, he didn't launch himself, unfortunately there was helmet to helmet. it happens, big deal.

So you think the tap on the QB was roughing too? That wasn't roughing. Even the announcers said it was ridiculous.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was watching from upstate NY. Yes, I saw the replays too. a good hit, he didn't launch himself, unfortunately there was helmet to helmet. it happens, big deal.

So you think the tap on the QB was roughing too? That wasn't roughing. Even the announcers said it was ridiculous.

I don't know if it was roughing or not in person you follow the ball and we don't have the benefit of replay, it doesn't really matter when there was another personal foul on the same play though does it?

Reaction Score
Right, so if he had gotten accepted he still would have transferred.

Would I be laughed out of the towns of Baton Rouge or Gainsville or Tallahasee? Are you going to try and tell me with a straight face that schools with good football programs don't make exceptions for football players they need?

At the undergrad level they go through administration, because those are hired admissions professionals making those decisions. At the grad level, admissions decisions go through faculty. Big difference. Baton Rouge, Gainesville and Tallahassee have never encountered this particular situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom