OT: - Tiger Woods | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Woods was arrested in 2017 for DUI. He had five different kinds of drugs in his system at the time of his arrest.
I’m aware of this. Not sure i get your point though. Until the tox report comes back, we’re not gonna know for sure if it’s drug related, if ever.
Either way, if it is drug-related this accident better be a wake up call for him. It’ll likely end his career, and almost ended his life.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Genesis GV80. Nice SUV for the money... when its not flipped.

Look at the overall picture of the car and then focus on passenger area. Crumple zones did their job and absorbed all the energy.

1614168628766.png

Reaction Score
Wishing Tiger the best and a full recovery. Supposedly a crushed left ankle and 2 compound fractures of his right leg? Very similar to Ben Hogan's car crash in 1949:

Reaction Score
My wife just had a simple non displaced fracture of her ankle in November. The swelling is still a bit evident and healing is not complete although the bone on X-ray healed fine. I can’t even imagine what he’s going to go through here. Forget about golf for a minute, it would be a major accomplishment if he doesn’t end up with a limp the rest of his life. We need an ortho pod to comment on this but just playing in a year seems like a challenge for something this bad. Wish him the best.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife just had a simple non displaced fracture of her ankle in November. The swelling is still a bit evident and healing is not complete although the bone on X-ray healed fine. I can’t even imagine what he’s going to go through here. Forget about golf for a minute, it would be a major accomplishment if he doesn’t end up with a limp the rest of his life. We need an ortho pod to comment on this but just playing in a year seems like a challenge for something this bad. Wish him the best.

I wish him the best with his recovery and I don't think it's a stretch to say this is an injury which affects him the rest of his life. Especially true when you double it up with 5 back surgeries by age 45.

There isn't any way he plays golf in 2021. If everything goes right he could play towards the end of 22.

I am willing to bet a large chunk of money he plays at least one more PGA tour event outside of the Master's where he has a lifetime exemption to play whenever he wants. Tiger isn't going out like this.

I mentioned Hogan's injury earlier in this thread in 1949. He had all his lower extremities busted up, organ damage, had to wait over an hour for an ambulance and then a 2 hour ride to the hospital. That was in 1949. And yet he was able to compete within 18 months. He needed all sorts of medical treatment between rounds and before rounds but back in those days reporters didn't make that a story.

Hogan was younger than Woods and didn't have the back issues. He did come back and win six more majors. As a point of reference, this is what Hogan's car looked like. I'm guessing he didn't have many air bags in that car.

1614174954889.png

Reaction Score
I wish him the best with his recovery and I don't think it's a stretch to say this is an injury which affects him the rest of his life. Especially true when you double it up with 5 back surgeries by age 45.

There isn't any way he plays golf in 2021. If everything goes right he could play towards the end of 22.

I am willing to bet a large chunk of money he plays at least one more PGA tour event outside of the Master's where he has a lifetime exemption to play whenever he wants. Tiger isn't going out like this.

I mentioned Hogan's injury earlier in this thread in 1949. He had all his lower extremities busted up, organ damage, had to wait over an hour for an ambulance and then a 2 hour ride to the hospital. That was in 1949. And yet he was able to compete within 18 months. He needed all sorts of medical treatment between rounds and before rounds but back in those days reporters didn't make that a story.

Hogan was younger than Woods and didn't have the back issues. He did come back and win six more majors. As a point of reference, this is what Hogan's car looked like. I'm guessing he didn't have many air bags in that car.

View attachment 64953
Let's hope Tiger has the opportunity that Ben did after recovery and rehab--Going out on his own terms after rising above the physical challenges presented from their respective crashes.

Tiger is mentally tough but now is the time for his friends/family/ and prayers to strengthen him.

Reaction Score
From an ESPN report:

The Los Angeles County sheriff says Tiger Woods was "not drunk" during the rollover that seriously injured the golf superstar Tuesday, saying the single-vehicle crash was "purely an accident."

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said his department would not be filing any charges against Woods pertaining to the crash near the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes, about 30 miles south of downtown Los Angeles.

Villanueva said the department is considering it an accident, which could lead to a misdemeanor at most.

Reaction Score
I never said anything about majors...but I agree to disagree with him and Jack, Tiger is simply a better golfer

It is easy to say Tiger is the best because that’s what is in front of you right now and what you’ve been fed for the last 20 years. But Jack’s record in the majors is FAR ahead of Tiger when you incorporate 2nd place finishes, Top 5s AND include his competition. Palmer, Player, Watson and Trevino ALL have more majors than any of Tiger’s cohorts. It really isn’t even close.

You can say that Tiger did more for the modern day game than Jack did in terms of awareness, prize money, etc. But Jack’s record is pretty much hands down better. His contemporaries were FAR greater than Tiger had to face and he still has more majors, dramatically more 2nds, top 5s, top 10s, etc.

Reaction Score
Authorities have said Woods did not appear intoxicated at the scene and there was no immediate evidence alcohol or drugs played a role in the crash, so investigators had no probable cause to collect any of Woods’ fluids for toxicology testing.

Villanueva said investigators would need to come up with probable cause and get a search warrant to test any blood drawn from Woods at the hospital.

Reaction Score
Tiger's US Open win at Pebble and Secretariat's Derby are probably the 2 most dominant single event championship victories for which I have been alive.

Others?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Villanueva said investigators would need to come up with probable cause and get a search warrant to test any blood drawn from Woods at the hospital.

They guys legs were crushed and he likely had a concussion. Not sure how the police can just say it’s all good with a crazy crash in sunny weather with a guy who has a prior DUI. Maybe this is standard protocol but I feel like if this was average Joe they’d be testing his blood.

Reaction Score
My number is wrong? Or I’m morally wrong for proposing the question?
You are a jackarse for your comment... and apparently wrong based on reports. I understand he’s a celebrity but he’s also a human. It’s just like some of the disgusting thing ppl say here about our players. Everyone is holier than thou (and yes I know that my post sounds that way too)

Reaction Score
19 years ago, when I lived in CT, I totaled my car as I fell asleep at the wheel. Took out guardrails, that if not there, I would be dead. I didn't get a ticket or have to take a breathalyzer. My insurance took care of the damage.

Reaction Score
SUV’s hit curbs and flip, happened to my daughter and her friends who were suspended uninjured from their seat belts.

Reaction Score
They guys legs were crushed and he likely had a concussion. Not sure how the police can just say it’s all good with a crazy crash in sunny weather with a guy who has a prior DUI. Maybe this is standard protocol but I feel like if this was average Joe they’d be testing his blood.
They have no right to draw his blood without his consent, he wasn't under arrest for anything.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It is easy to say Tiger is the best because that’s what is in front of you right now and what you’ve been fed for the last 20 years. But Jack’s record in the majors is FAR ahead of Tiger when you incorporate 2nd place finishes, Top 5s AND include his competition. Palmer, Player, Watson and Trevino ALL have more majors than any of Tiger’s cohorts. It really isn’t even close.

You can say that Tiger did more for the modern day game than Jack did in terms of awareness, prize money, etc. But Jack’s record is pretty much hands down better. His contemporaries were FAR greater than Tiger had to face and he still has more majors, dramatically more 2nds, top 5s, top 10s, etc.
Well, there are two ways to look at it. Your way that the competition was greater, or another way: If Jack wasn't on, there were only a handful of players that were good enough to win a major. Now you have 12+ guys good enough to win majors so the numbers get spread out more. I watched both eras and would kind of split the difference. When Tiger came on, there wasn't a lot of strong competition, but as he elevated the sport, far more excellent players flooded the game, golfers took conditioning and practice more seriously, and it became harder for anyone, including Tiger, to win a major.

I have to go with Jack as the GOAT based on numbers and longevity, but I can concede at his peak, Tiger was the best golfer we've ever seen.

Reaction Score
He’s lucky they finally got the GV80 to the marketplace. I was was waiting since April and finally gave up and got another suv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom