OT: - Tiger Woods | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Tiger Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kids, Hyundai and the like are simply copycats. They do not innovate.
BMW, Mercedes, Audi truly innovate and develop new technology. I have features on my vehicles for years that these copycats are just now getting.
BMW and Mercedes have the rep that they have for a reason. It's not being a badge hoe.
Exactly, years ago I would've gone German but now you're paying a bit more for comparable cars which aren't as good looking or innovative to constantly have your car in the shop. I would always buy Japanese over German now and would look at Korean over German as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You were WAITING for a Kia?
So many better vehicles out there than a Kia. Are you also in line for a new Yugo?

It's not 20 years ago, Kia and Hyundai make great cars. One of the best ways to rip yourself off is being a badge hoe.

Tellurides are one of the fastest selling cars in America.

There are waiting lists and salesmen call them "Sellurides". No need to worry about haggling on price. Customer pays list or the person behind them will do it for them.

Also, somewhat ironic that we have someone saying the Korean and Japanese cars are rip offs and the Germans are innovators when one of the technologies found in the GV80- the airbag between the front seats, is the first car in America to have an airbag in that location.

Both the Telluride and GV80 are in top 5 for fastest moving cars off dealer lots.

The Fastest-Selling New and Used Cars in January - iSeeCars.com

Reaction Score
That article alone doesn't make him a racist, but it's clear from following NY media for the last 20+ years that he is a huge racist.
Ahh, the always popular race card race card comes out. What’s hilarious is that Tigger doesn’t even consider himself black.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ahh, the always popular race card race card comes out. What’s hilarious is that Tigger doesn’t even consider himself black.

You're either not familiar with Mushnick's writing or Phil Mushnick himself.

Reaction Score

There are waiting lists and salesmen call them "Sellurides". No need to worry about haggling on price. Customer pays list or the person behind them will do it for them.

Also, somewhat ironic that we have someone saying the Korean and Japanese cars are rip offs and the Germans are innovators when one of the technologies found in the GV80- the airbag between the front seats, is the first car in America to have an airbag in that location.

Both the Telluride and GV80 are in top 5 for fastest moving cars off dealer lots.

I'm not a fan of SUV's but both the Telluride and Genesis SUV are incredible cars and better than their competitors.

Reaction Score

Speaking of, I drove mine off the lot in October '18 and have not put a dime into it since. It's been incredible. My prior car was an Audi A8 and the check engine light would come on while I was driving home from having it repaired. The most infuriating car I've ever owned.

Reaction Score
If only guys like and you and Mushnick didn't keep that particular card so popular.
I don't know how this conversation devolved into this. My point is that Tigger should not be viewed as a hero. A once great golf player, yes - but has clearly demonstrated by his off course actions that he is not someone to be idolized, regardless of color or ethnicity!

Reaction Score
You were WAITING for a Kia?
So many better vehicles out there than a Kia. Are you also in line for a new Yugo?
U do realize the Telluride was the car of the year? U do realize the Genesis that saved Tigers life is also made by a Korean car company....that happens to own Kia??

So mr car guy. Tell me what’s better for the price range than a Telluride?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know how this conversation devolved into this. My point is that Tigger should not be viewed as a hero. A once great golf player, yes - but has clearly demonstrated by his off course actions that he is not someone to be idolized, regardless of color or ethnicity!
Fine, say that. Why quote a racist to make your point unless you don't have a problem being lumped in with him?

Reaction Score
Fine, say that. Why quote a racist to make your point unless you don't have a problem being lumped in with him?
Because the article is true, and makes very valid points. Regardless of who or what the author is or believes. It also exposes the hypocrisy of those who only agree with those who think/are like them. Enough, now.

Reaction Score
Speaking of, I drove mine off the lot in October '18 and have not put a dime into it since. It's been incredible. My prior car was an Audi A8 and the check engine light would come on while I was driving home from having it repaired. The most infuriating car I've ever owned.
Agreed. Audis suck. You'll bleed cash if you buy one. I had one for two years and it was a nightmare.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Is there a way to know how much it costs to charge at home?

Just curious.

I know many people in central California that have gone solar and pay less than $0/year in electric costs by selling back excess solar power to the power companies. Those types of places would seem ideal for an electric car.

Reaction Score
Wife had a TT a while ago...great car to drive but too many issues, including a timing belt class action.....she wanted a Q when we were looking for an SUV...I told her she would be the one taking it back this time...not me....BTW, she LOVES the Telluride

Reaction Score
Regardless of who or what the author is or believes. It also exposes the hypocrisy of those who only agree with those who think/are like them. Enough, now.
Come on, that's how things work now...it's not 1990 anymore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because the article is true, and makes very valid points. Regardless of who or what the author is or believes. It also exposes the hypocrisy of those who only agree with those who think/are like them. Enough, now.
People are still judged by the company they keep.

Reaction Score

https://www.iseecars.com/fastest-selling-cars-study
Great info. Funny how some others never let the facts (like u posted) get in the way of a good biased opinion. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Am I the only one scratching my head at the guy repeatedly calling him "Tigger"? I can't figure out if it's an unfunny attempt at a nickname or a true spelling/grammatical error. It's twisting my brain into a pretzel.

Reaction Score
Kind Sir:
I'm likely one of the very people on this forum to actually be in automotive company plants on a regular basis. I've been to all the major auto plants in the US including the KIA plant in GA. I sell software that is used extensively in the auto industry thus I am there in person regularly.
The German companies really innovate new technology, set the standards and are many years ahead of these other companies. They certainly aren't perfect but leaps and bounds better than the others. (Tesla an exception)

I was originally just surprised that someone would be waiting for a KIA. I did not think there would be a waiting list for such an everyman car.
KIA / HYUNDAI have made strides in recent years but not a vehicle to be waiting on or boast about.
However, buy whatever you want and enjoy it. Wish you the best and many safe miles traveled.

By the way, Apple has recently said there is no partnership with HYUNDAI / KIA.

Reaction Score
Kind Sir:
I'm likely one of the very people on this forum to actually be in automotive company plants on a regular basis. I've been to all the major auto plants in the US including the KIA plant in GA. I sell software that is used extensively in the auto industry thus I am there in person regularly.
The German companies really innovate new technology, set the standards and are many years ahead of these other companies. They certainly aren't perfect but leaps and bounds better than the others. (Tesla an exception)

I was originally just surprised that someone would be waiting for a KIA. I did not think there would be a waiting list for such an everyman car.
KIA / HYUNDAI have made strides in recent years but not a vehicle to be waiting on or boast about.
However, buy whatever you want and enjoy it. Wish you the best and many safe miles traveled.

By the way, Apple has recently said there is no partnership with HYUNDAI / KIA.
I happen to work in manufacturing with many overlapping companies in the industry and while you're close with your previous point regarding innovation you're a little off the mark (in my experience). It's really mostly China that falls in the category of "great at copying, terrible at developing." Manufacturing companies from other Asian countries are pretty good to work with actually.

As many have jumped to their defense I'd agree that Kia makes really good cars, Telluride especially. Drove one and would have walked off the lot with it, but got a much better deal on a Subaru Ascent....our friends got the Kia and I definitely have some buyer envy...

Back to Tigger...I mean Tiger...man this thread is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak