OT: - Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I am also a chronic over-packer.

I know you meant ”circumnavigating,” but I love the thought of “circumventing the globe.” I guess that means your plane does’t return to earth.
I had to go back and check, because I just read it as circumnavigating the first time around. Sometimes being a lazy reader (reading only enough to get the gist) is a blessing.

Reaction Score
My calculation in home DIY isn't how much money I'll save by doing it myself. It's how much will I have to spend to get someone who knows what they're doing to fix what I did.

For me it's plumbing. Tried a couple simple fix-its, has never gone well.

It's all about having the right tools ---> basin wrench

Reaction Score
Wrapping presents. I'm terrible and it ends up looking like a home made bomb in a package. Worked at a barnes and noble to make extra money when my twins were born and even book wrapping went horribly

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that a dentist is not a doctor?
make will GIF
Says the J.D.
Ambidextrous.
We would accept the answer "amphibious" as well.
In the same vein, I was nothing special but a good enough baseball player to get burn on good HS and AAU teams. But somehow, in softball I cannot avoid weak grounders to short or popups to shallow left. Everyone told me its a different swing and that I would get a hang of it. Well, 3 years later I still blow.
Ya gotta start by changing your name from "Runner."

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I have trouble un-knotting knots.

I can tie the knot on the drawstring of my bathing suit, but opening the knot is an entirely different matter.

No sailor am I.
Get a cheap pair of small needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight or Job lot. I am amazed at how often they come in handy. You can apply great strength in a tiny area where your fingers can't fit or aren't strong enough against a tight knot.

Reaction Score
Handyman work. The plumbing, carpentry, electrical type issues around the house a true handyman could do himself, i suck at and never tried to get better at. Love the lawn, the landscaping and keeping it looking good outside. But fixing something? Only thing I’m good at is knowing who to call. Don’t waste my golf time trying to be a handyman.

But admittedly wish I did more of it growing up so. Oh well too late, heading to the course coming back to barbecue for Moms day! :oops:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I marvel at how wonderful my wife is at painting. She painted every room plus porch (condo is over 3400 square feet) and it looks like a professional did the work. She doesn’t use painter’s tape. Three of the rooms required wall paper removal. She just redid one of our bathrooms because it was the first room she painted and the first color was juvenile in her opinion. I sucked at finger painting and coloring within the lines of crayon books.

Reaction Score
I marvel at how wonderful my wife is at painting. She painted every room plus porch (condo is over 3400 square feet) and it looks like a professional did the work. She doesn’t use painter’s tape. Three of the rooms required wall paper removal. She just redid one of our bathrooms because it was the first room she painted and the first color was juvenile in her opinion. I sucked at finger painting and coloring within the lines of crayon books.
Wish I possessed your intelligence!

Reaction Score
Get a cheap pair of small needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight or Job lot. I am amazed at how often they come in handy. You can apply great strength in a tiny area where your fingers can't fit or aren't strong enough against a tight knot.
If you saturate the knot with water the fibers expand and are much easier to untie

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Remembering peoples names in present time.
I can remember all my elementary teacher names and who I sat next to and names from the past but people I met yesterday - forget about it
Some people think I have an outstanding memory because of the past recall.
I suck at anything algebraic - I flunked algebra one 2 times and algebra two once
Remembering names for me too, along with learning languages, which always made my mom crack up because they were two critical skills for my job before I retired.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Packing a suitcase, especially folding shirts. Problem is my wife sucks at it too, but she's in denial

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Will she travel to New Jersey?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife is good at it too. And enjoys it most of the time. Cranks tunes. Has a beer and just paints.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My wife is good at it too. And enjoys it most of the time. Cranks tunes. Has a beer and just paints.
I used to enjoy it. Painted a neighbor's house for a couple hundred bucks when I was 14. When I lived in Bridgeport that was my skillset for Habitat for Humanity. Was good and fast and there was a Zen quality to doing it. Then I messed up my shoulder. Not fun these days, although I had to suck it up and do my childhood home with my brother a few years ago so we could sell the thing.

Reaction Score
Walking a Yo Yo and other such tricks! I could add ice skating backward...........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom