OT: - Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Things You Suck At Worse Than You Should

Reaction Score
Actually, I own the Kai Shears shown in the website picture below.

They do cut chicken skins, but more than that, if you have a chicken breast or any cut of meat, it will easily cut it into small pieces so you can cook a soup with those bite size pieces in the soup. Or, to cut it into small pieces for a chicken/steak salad.

My shoulder ortho's assistant recommended this to me to make it easier for me to cut meat or chicken of turkey, since knife and fork cutting of these items aggravated my shoulder.

Corrected one is here.

Reaction Score
Apparently I now suck at wedding planning.

Dont try this at home

Make sure there’s good (and a lot ) food, keep the drinks flowing, and pick a good song list. Everything else will fall into place and more importantly those three things will be the only things people remember and/or talk about.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Apparently I now suck at wedding planning.

Dont try this at home
Took me three tries to get it right. And that third try was simply 'go on vacation to somewhere you've never been and get married there. Hire a witness."

Was talking to our neighbor last night who's daughter is getting married end of June. The groom's family, who is very well off, hired a wedding planner. That the planner won't talk to my neighbor about any details - even though they chipped in half of the expected $100K bill. Which is 4x the cost of my three weddings combined, lol.

When we did coffee catering at weddings we used to charge similar to the flower bill, usually $500-$700. So my jaw dropped when she mentioned her daughter is getting $30,000 of flowers.

Reaction Score
Make sure there’s good (and a lot ) food, keep the drinks flowing, and pick a good song list. Everything else will fall into place and more importantly those three things will be the only things people remember and/or talk about.

Not sure if you’re aware but he’s like 64 years old.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Can’t even believe how bad I am at managing passwords.

I've had to change my Apple ID so many times it is always an adventure to load an app.

Reaction Score
Can’t even believe how bad I am at managing passwords.

I've had to change my Apple ID so many times it is always an adventure to load an app.
During the pandemic quarantine, I spent a half day one Saturday changing all my passwords to the same one password with a strategy on how to change them going forward, if needed. I think that "strategy" lasted about 3 weeks before it all fell to pieces.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
During the pandemic quarantine, I spent a half day one Saturday changing all my passwords to the same one password with a strategy on how to change them going forward, if needed. I think that "strategy" lasted about 3 weeks before it all fell to pieces.

why dont you just use lastpass or another password manager?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The key is not to try to have an Arby's themed wedding.
Or is the key to have an Arby's themed wedding?

Reaction Score
This is exactly what hackers want you to do. Please use different passwords for each place… that you care about your privacy and data.

Reaction Score
Golf... Back in the day (before kids) I was.making the move to a single digit handicap... And now that the kids are gone, I am much older, I find that I cannot swing the stix like I used to, with the age-induced loss of distance and skill, because I have not played and practiced as regularly as I did before family time.
It can be done with frequent play
I retired at 64 and was 32 handicap playing 6-7 , 9 hole rounds a year.
Since I was a workaholic predictions of my retirement were grim
I threw myself into golf ,getting an annual pass, taking some lessons, and finding a great group of guys. I got it down to a legit 12-13 official USGA handicap. Since everyone sandbagged we were required to report every score. I liked to play at around 14 sneak in a couple of bad rounds or forget to report an 83 and get to a 15.
There was a guy in our group Mr Golf who was a 7-8. I drew him in the club match play tournament.
He somehow had a 13 handicap.
I’m getting 1 stroke on the most difficult hole a 444 par 4. Really a par 5 for me. His drives are typically 20-30 yards beyond me.
I lost 4-3 and he went on to win the tournament.
Get a good set of Clubs and adjust the driver to correct a slice slicing is death . I learned to hit a slight draw which gives you a little extra roll.
Work on solid contact , hitting it straight , off the deck, short iron, and chipping and putting and loss of distance is somewhat negated.
All. can be improved with practice as opposed to club head speed. Pay close attention to your backswing. Speeding it up is death to average golfers
I was 230-250 off the tee at 70 that’s achievable with good contact even with lower club speeds.
I had access to a good driving range and seldom practiced tee shots. Confidence with a 3-5 off the deck for short hitters is a must as your invariably faced with many of them. On a par 5 select the club that gets you into the distance of your best club than blasting it away. I never chipped well but I was a darn go short iron PW hitter.
Trying to get extra distance is non productive.
Do to some issues I haven’t played but your post has given me the desire to
I’m almost 80 so I have no qualms about using a forward tee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom