The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

Reaction Score
Well you missed 6-1 which was a really coolly done episode. Having real time in color and flashback in B&W was pretty unique. The Wolves attack, 6-2, was excellent. You missed the great "Is Glen alive or dead?" debate. Morgan's back story in 6-4 was pretty good. (pretty much anything with Lennie James is well done)

As to an end? Probably not in the near future. One they still have lots of source material to cover. Negan appeared about 2/3 of the way into the comics so there is at least 1/3 more comics to cover. And the comics are still being written. But yea I could see 9 or 10. Secondly they are still rolling in ratings. Avg well over 13+ million. Almost double what you can get for GoT. Heck even Talking Dead is coming in second in the Cable ratings. No reason to cut it short.

Well, since you brought up GoT. If you miss a season there, let's just say the story has likely advanced quite a bit from where you left off. With TWD, just reading your post above, I missed a couple cool episodes. A fruitless Glen alive or dead debate (he's alive) and they're still in the same relative spot they were a year ago when I stopped watching. Right?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, since you brought up GoT. If you miss a season there, let's just say the story has likely advanced quite a bit from where you left off. With TWD, just reading your post above, I missed a couple cool episodes. A fruitless Glen alive or dead debate (he's alive) and they're still in the same relative spot they were a year ago when I stopped watching. Right?
Not sure what you're asking? Has the series progressed? Absolutely. Lot's of new characters, lot's of changes in characters, lot's of dead characters.

Are they still living in the same place? Yea, they are gonna be there for awhile. But overall they've been in dozen's of places.

As for GoT, has winter ever shown up? ;)

Reaction Score
Not sure what you're asking? Has the series progressed? Absolutely. Lot's of new characters, lot's of changes in characters, lot's of dead characters.

Are they still living in the same place? Yea, they are gonna be there for awhile. But overall they've been in dozen's of places.

As for GoT, has winter ever shown up? ;)

Off memory, I have the main places for more than a few days time at the CDC, Hershel's Farm, the Prison, Woodbury, Terminus and Alexandria. Brief pit stop at the Church. Right?

And, isn't Alexandria (the real city) less than 10 miles from Washington DC? Have they discussed the half hour car ride (or few hour walk) it would take to see what's there yet?

Reaction Score
To give you an honest answer, no, it hasn't progressed at all. They just found a new place to live that quickly became overrun, and most of the new characters have been killed off by now.

There's still no potential cure or any sort of end goal, so things are still going in complete circles.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Off memory, I have the main places for more than a few days time at the CDC, Hershel's Farm, the Prison, Woodbury, Terminus and Alexandria. Brief pit stop at the Church. Right?
Pretty much. You can add in the hospital (Rick), the camp, the highway (looking for Sophia), Beth's Hospital (Grady), Noah's old town. Governor's camp, Tara's apt. But beyond them they've traveled all over.

And, isn't Alexandria (the real city) less than 10 miles from Washington DC? Have they discussed the half hour car ride (or few hour walk) it would take to see what's there yet?
They did see it when they came into Alexandria. From a distance. Don't know if they want to try out a heavily populated area again. They didn't have much luck in Atlanta. Doubt DC would be much better. Lot's of walkers there I assume.

But it has been brought up in different forums and bloggers, etc that the real Alexandria is not really that "woody" of a place. Someone wrote there is a huge mall there, why don't they just run over there for supplies. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To give you an honest answer, no, it hasn't progressed at all. They just found a new place to live that quickly became overrun, and most of the new characters have been killed off by now.
Well not exactly true. So not really an honest answer there. It has progressed. They have a place to live and will be there for awhile. There are quite a few new characters. (I mean how many can you have anyway? There isn't enough time for all their stories as it is.) They have a new outlook than previous seasons. And, not to give away anything (cause I don't really know), but more than likely their world is going to expand quite a bit here soon with the addition of the Jesus character.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ah we finally made it to Hilltop. This will definitely expand the show.

Rick always makes such a good first impression. "What?"

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Last night's episode? Anyone? Did anyone else believe when Rick told the group that he was bringing the Saviors Gregory's head that it was gonna be anything other than the real thing? What was your reaction to "this is how we eat now"? Anyone else bothered by the total lack of common sense exhibited by marching into Negan's compound without doing a little recon first? What about Abraham? I got the impression that he was leaving Alexandria & not just that he was leaving Rosita. Anyone else bothered that everyone in Rick's group came out alive & unscathed? I get that Carol & Maggie are hostages, but they didn't actually attack the compound. I also must confess that I have a little crush on Jesus.

Sorry guys....my spouse slept through the entire episode & if I don't discuss this with someone, I'll EXPLODE!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Last night's episode? Anyone?
Thought it was a really good episode. Not much down time, everything pretty much moved along. Great raid. Got a couple "couples" stuff going on, which seems to make more sense now that things are kind of settled with a place to live, etc.

Did anyone else believe when Rick told the group that he was bringing the Saviors Gregory's head that it was gonna be anything other than the real thing?
Crossed my mind.

What was your reaction to "this is how we eat now"?
Looks like they are getting into the "trade" of the new world. Their best asset, is their ability to fight. Why not trade it for food??? Kind of the other side of the "protection racket".

Anyone else bothered by the total lack of common sense exhibited by marching into Negan's compound without doing a little recon first?
Don't know if they were going to get any more recon than having someone who was in the compound before. I think they were on a time line too. Part of the deal was saving the Hilltop prisoner. Still, yea, kinda blind going in.

What about Abraham? I got the impression that he was leaving Alexandria & not just that he was leaving Rosita.
No. His leaving was not just leaving for the mission, but leaving her too. I think his "I thought you were the last women on earth" had more of a "I thought you were the last woman I'd ever love" to it. Not she was the only other woman. But he had found his soulmate in the apocalypse. Turns out he didn't. He found someone else he loves/likes. (I think, maybe he's realized he doesn't want to love anyone??? Not sure there.)

Anyone else bothered that everyone in Rick's group came out alive & unscathed? I get that Carol & Maggie are hostages, but they didn't actually attack the compound.
They are not going to come out completely unscathed. Basically, the raid isn't over yet.

I also must confess that I have a little crush on Jesus.
Yea, he seems pretty cool. Maybe he can replace Daryl. He's got long hair and is cool. ;):cool:

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Thanks, Meyers-I feel so much better! Not sure I can hang on to all of this til next Sunday tho.

Reaction Score
One of the best 3 episode runs the show has had to date. Good action and actual interesting moving parts among plots and characters. A little obviously play for viewer eyeballs in suddenly sex scene heavy, but I'm not complaining (maybe no further with Carol than chaste kisses on the veranda ;). The trade, attack, & moral angst over it all made total sense.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Why doesn't Hilltop merge with Alexandria?

McMansions trump FEMA trailers.

Reaction Score
A cool tidbit about this week's episode. The scene linked below? The song is by a group called Parsonsfield. They're local to CT and were actually a bunch of UConn students who met in a folk music club and stuck to it after graduation. I've seen them a number of times and they play good sized spots (Infinity Hall in Norwalk later this month) to the Coventry Farmer's Market in year's past. Worth checking out if you see them posted somewhere.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've been reading a lot about Rick finally crossing the line with this preemptive strike and likening it to the Governers raid on the prison.

I don't think this is the same at all. The Gov was a psychopath and although he viewed Ricks group as a threat, they were no threat to him. Negan's group however already ambushed Daryl, Abe and Sasha and were ready to pop one of them off the bat to send a message just like the did to the boy at hilltop and countless other groups they've encountered.

Rick did the right thing by attacking first. You could consider what Negans group did to Rick and other groups as acts of war and thus justifying the attack. He could've benefitted from more recon but as @meyers7 noted timing was of the essence.

Also, the comparisons of Rick becoming Shane over the last several seasons aren't quite deserved either. Rick has never gone full Shane. Shane murdered the fat man (shot him in the leg so he could become walker bait so he could survive and return with the medicine for Karl) and wanted to kill Rick to be with his wife without cause. Rick today would leave a man behind in order to save himself or his family but he would not flat out murder him so they became walker bait. And although he did end up ending Pete's life, Pete obviously deserved it after slicing Regs throat.

Finally, I love this show and I love all the plot holes and all the really unbelievable aspects of it - truly entertaining in my opinion. But what's up with walker Deana? Shouldn't she have been ripped to shreds?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think Rick was quick on the trigger with Primo. Didn't really see the need to do that. Guy might've been useful.

Solid episode from Carol, Maggie and the Alicia Witt character.

Reaction Score
I think Rick was quick on the trigger with Primo. Didn't really see the need to do that. Guy might've been useful.

Agree, that was a really good episode. Had a good idea what was going to happen the entire time, yet they built tension around it really well making for an extremely entertaining hour that resonated.

My nitpicky hole because I can't help myself is Carol should never have disclosed the pregnancy, in interrogation you simply put the knife on Maggie's stomach and say talk.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I don't think Rick heard the "we are all Negen". When the guy said he was Negan, Rick figured he was ending it. And I imagine they had been questioning him the whole episode and had gotten no where. Probably figured there was no use for him now. And they were not going to let anyone live.

In the comics there was an actual Negan, and supposedly they have cast someone as Negan. So not sure how this "we are all Negan" is going to play out.?? Gimple and company could be trying to mislead the viewers or the readers.????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Agree, that was a really good episode. Had a good idea what was going to happen the entire time, yet they built tension around it really well making for an extremely entertaining hour that resonated.

My nitpicky hole because I can't help myself is Carol should never have disclosed the pregnancy, in interrogation you simply put the knife on Maggie's stomach and say talk.
Agree, she shouldn't have said anything about the baby. I think. Not sure how much Carol was trying to manipulate them or was losing it. I think a little of both. Seems Morgan is having an effect on her. Particularly as it concerns Maggie's baby. I think she sees her as mother, and doesn't want Maggie to go through the same loss of a child as she had to. And to turn out as cold as Carol can be.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm still catching up on my DVR and can't believe they killed Jessie. Damn. She looked fantastic even covered in zombie slime. I bet she smelled like lilacs too. Stupid kid.

Reaction Score
That episode (Rosita/Daryl/Denise + Eugene/Abraham runs) was good entertainment-wise, but the totally messed up strategy undermined this episode. You cannot randomly have 3 of your top warriors off in small groups immediately after you've declared war. Then both small groups further subdivide?! Plus you don't let your only Doc outside under any circumstances even worthwhile urging your lead character to push their individual identities forward in future plot-lines. Just an episode of inexplicably dumb decisions capped off by even dumber one of key character (Carol) and a preview of future inanity of compounding these mistakes.

Right after we buy into the group's warrior mentality making it possible to lead an assault with no casualties, we see dramatic evidence that its not their proficiency its merely writing laziness that allows them to both triumph & back themselves into seemingly inescapable corners.

Reaction Score
Oh look, another relatively new character killed off while all the OGs escape an impossible situation!

Never saw that one coming.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That episode (Rosita/Daryl/Denise + Eugene/Abraham runs) was good entertainment-wise, but the totally messed up strategy undermined this episode. You cannot randomly have 3 of your top warriors off in small groups immediately after you've declared war. Then both small groups further subdivide?! Plus you don't let your only Doc outside under any circumstances even worthwhile urging your lead character to push their individual identities forward in future plot-lines. Just an episode of inexplicably dumb decisions capped off by even dumber one of key character (Carol) and a preview of future inanity of compounding these mistakes.

Right after we buy into the group's warrior mentality making it possible to lead an assault with no casualties, we see dramatic evidence that its not their proficiency its merely writing laziness that allows them to both triumph & back themselves into seemingly inescapable corners.
Agree having Rosita, Daryl and Abraham out while Tara and Heath are gone. However a couple things, you still have Rick, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Sasha, Carl, Aaron, Tobin, Spenser, Gabriel, Morgan left as a pretty formidable defense. Also I don't think they believe they've declared war on Negan and the Saviors. I think they probably believe they've defeated Negan and the Saviors.

Even if they think there is still a Negan out there, it seems like there has been a bit of time gone by since the last episode. i.e. the changing of the guard over and over, etc. With nothing coming from back from Negan, that would enforce their idea that Negan wasn't so much a threat anymore. Add to that, even if there were more to Negan's group, nobody from either attack survived to tell Negan who had done this. (at least as far as they know) Probably from their point of view, there is no reason to fear Negan if he exists at all.

HOWEVER, letting your Dr out on runs and then not watching every step she took? Yea, that's just stupid. But TV show people do stupid things all the time, otherwise there wouldn't be much to most shows. Heck, people in real life do stupid things quite often. :confused:

As for Carol leaving, well yea it's dumb, but we've seen she's been getting kind of messed up in the head through the last few episodes (understandably). So it wasn't exactly out of the blue.

Reaction Score
HOWEVER, letting your Dr out on runs and then not watching every step she took? Yea, that's just stupid. But TV show people do stupid things all the time, otherwise there wouldn't be much to most shows. Heck, people in real life do stupid things quite often. :confused:
Yep, I think with things like Doctors, bullets, food, gasoline its simply a waste of time to wonder or worry about the show being realistic. Its tricky though because sometimes those things are plot devices. But in concept it is a TV problem akin to worrying if Monica & Rachel can pay $5,000/mo rent on a 1,500sf Manhattan apartment. It doesn't matter if they don't have a Dr unless they want a story about it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was happy to see the arrow if only because it ended one of the worst, most unintelligible monologues in the history of television.

I hope the arrow wins an Emmy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yep, I think with things like Doctors, bullets, food, gasoline its simply a waste of time to wonder or worry about the show being realistic. Its tricky though because sometimes those things are plot devices. But in concept it is a TV problem akin to worrying if Monica & Rachel can pay $5,000/mo rent on a 1,500sf Manhattan apartment. It doesn't matter if they don't have a Dr unless they want a story about it.
Well losing Alexandia's "Dr" will probably have some consequences for Glen and Maggie. i.e. they may prefer being at Hilltop with a Dr while she's going through her pregnancy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom