The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, that one kills me. If that were so effective, why not wear them - ALL THE TIME ? I mean, DUH
They asked Kirkman that on The Talking Dead. He said it wasn't very practical. One, wearing very infectious stuff around when you don't need too, (although with all the splatter, I'm not so sure about that), and two, it doesn't last all that long, so you have to keep replenishing which would/could be a problem.

For me, I think dealing with walkers as much as they do would be enough for me. I wouldn't really want to look/smell like one all the time. However........some people might not mind so much. ;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They asked Kirkman that on The Talking Dead. He said it wasn't very practical. One, wearing very infectious stuff around when you don't need too, (although with all the splatter, I'm not so sure about that), and two, it doesn't last all that long, so you have to keep replenishing which would/could be a problem.

For me, I think dealing with walkers as much as they do would be enough for me. I wouldn't really want to look/smell like one all the time. However...some people might not mind so much. ;)

Not all the time, but I'd use it a hell of a lot more than they do. It's better than military camouflage.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not all the time, but I'd use it a hell of a lot more than they do. It's better than military camouflage.
I probably would too, if I was in that situation. However, being as it's a TV show, not sure how many times they can use it. Fans would probably get bored with the same trick over and over. ???

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I probably would too, if I was in that situation. However, being as it's a TV show, not sure how many times they can use it. Fans would probably get bored with the same trick over and over. ???

Yeah, it's pretty hard to make a 'realistic' zombie movie, never mind an extended TV series.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At this point, they need to start planning a series finale.

There's only so much more they can do with people making absolutely inexplicable choices.

Person has knife. Person has hostage.

Other people have guns.

Person with knife asks for guns. Gets them.

Person know has five hostages.

All right.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
At this point, they need to start planning a series finale.

There's only so much more they can do with people making absolutely inexplicable choices.

Person has knife. Person has hostage.

Other people have guns.

Person with knife asks for guns. Gets them.

Person know has five hostages.

All right.

I still think it's amazing how even the core group seems to still, at times, get worse at fighting and handling the zombies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly.

Not for nothing, but the people in that neighborhood were doing a hell of a lot better on their own before Rick and the misfits showed up.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Exactly.

Not for nothing, but the people in that neighborhood were doing a hell of a lot better on their own before Rick and the misfits showed up.
Eh not really. They'd all be dead if Rick's crew hadn't been there. If not by the Wolves, then by the hoard. Both of them were coming whether Rick's Gang was there or not.

Reaction Score
Eh not really. They'd all be dead if Rick's crew hadn't been there. If not by the Wolves, then by the hoard. Both of them were coming whether Rick's Gang was there or not.
Whether it was all coming or not there is no debating, they were fine, Rick's group was the catalyst and yet ironically as this crystallizes the show will finally have the Alexandrians pivot & accept Rick's group.

Yes, yes, they were incredibly lucky, unprepared and ineffectual killing machines just like EVERY other random survivor our group encounters somehow still alive until our group educates them only to later utilize said survivor as zombie sustenance. The show is beyond circular.

There was some real action and the horde created an interesting problem at the beginning of the season, then ground to a painful halt. Don't worry, as always the cure is some cool stuff coming up in the comics.

Trap these nitwits at Alexandria and the 2nd half season opener should be 60 minutes watching zombies feast on our entire groups' brains and innards. The end.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Whether it was all coming or not there is no debating, they were fine,
If that was all coming, then they weren't fine.

Yes, yes, they were incredibly lucky, unprepared and ineffectual killing machines just like EVERY other random survivor our group encounters somehow still alive until our group educates them only to later utilize said survivor as zombie sustenance. The show is beyond circular.
umm no. Maybe you don't watch?? Let's see...The Vatos seemed to know what they were doing. Woodbury had a pretty good set up, but decided to F*%$ with Rick's Gang. The people at Terminus were very prepared and really effective killing machines, but decided to F&*$ with Rick's Gang. The Hospital Corp had a pretty good set up and probably still do. The Claimers were really good killing machines too, but again decided to F&*$ with Rick's Gang (well Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl anyway). Wolves were pretty good at killing (random and didn't use highly effective weapons, but still quite good at killing) but decided to F&*$ with Rick's Gang.

So pretty much you're completely out to lunch here.

There was some real action and the horde created an interesting problem at the beginning of the season, then ground to a painful halt.
Agree it started out stronger than it finished the midseason. Wouldn't call it a halt. Alexandria flooded with walkers isn't really a halt. We'll have to see how the second half goes.

Don't worry, as always the cure is some cool stuff coming up in the comics.
Supposedly, some good stuff coming up.

Reaction Score
I was talking more about individuals like F-Gabriel. Woodbury & Alexandria chattel & the long list of non-affiliated wandering folks encountered who have inexplicably survived to various point in the series usually with some blatant flaw of no survival/killing/coping skills so that they can pull out their standard tropes. Its cute though that you so admire Rick's group.
Rick biting the claimed guys neck is the last time I could say I felt real tension & surprise watching the show.
We know Rick is going to lead and Carl is going to live, so to devote seasons and episodes to the resolution of immutable facts is not compelling.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I was talking more about individuals like F-Gabriel. Woodbury & Alexandria chattel & the long list of non-affiliated wandering folks encountered who have inexplicably survived to various point in the series usually with some blatant flaw of no survival/killing/coping skills so that they can pull out their standard tropes. Its cute though that you so admire Rick's group.
Rick biting the claimed guys neck is the last time I could say I felt real tension & surprise watching the show.
We know Rick is going to lead and Carl is going to live, so to devote seasons and episodes to the resolution of immutable facts is not compelling.

I've always disliked Carl and wished he got bit, though not as much now that Rick trusts him to be an adult and survive. I got so sick of the 'Caaaaaaaaaaaarl!' from Rick, like Rocky to Andrian.

Now, I don't mind if he sticks around. just wish he'd cut his hair; it looks like . Long hair is cool on some people. He is not one of them.

Reaction Score
I've always disliked Carl and wished he got bit, though not as much now that Rick trusts him to be an adult and survive. I got so sick of the 'Caaaaaaaaaaaarl!' from Rick, like Rocky to Andrian.

Now, I don't mind if he sticks around. just wish he'd cut his hair; it looks like . Long hair is cool on some people. He is not one of them.
Yes, Carl was actually a bright spot in that last episode acting wise. After the non-threat ridiculously stupidly timed assault on his life the cover & forgiveness was good, typical mile of to get to a moment.

They hammer us with the reality that you have to be tough & strategic and then have the group make inexplicable decisions like Carol trying to kill a prisoner in the midst of a war and Glen or Rick giving multiple chances to known incompetent chickens at heart (Nicholas & duckGabriel). Oh, do you think you should be wary about giving a gun to the 13-year old whose father you killed now that your son goes after his girlfriend?! Are you sure?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
HBO is a thousand times better. Get HBO and figure out how to watch the Showtime shows online.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Welp...that midseason premiere was pretty damn awful.

I get it's fiction, etc, etc and therefore is afforded its own set of logic, but when the logic stops being consistent then there are issues.

For pretty much the entire series just a few walkers was enough to kill multiple people...

...But apparently when Rick decides to go suicidal and take on the HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of walkers himself with a tiny axe, the whole damn town gets inspired, inspirationally rallies, and fights them more than effectively with just hand held weapons. Oh yeah, and not a single one of the town folk die. Not a single one.

Farewell logic.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Welp...that midseason premiere was pretty damn awful.

I get it's fiction, etc, etc and therefore is afforded its own set of logic, but when the logic stops being consistent then there are issues.

For pretty much the entire series just a few walkers was enough to kill multiple people...

...But apparently when Rick decides to go suicidal and take on the HUNDREDS (if not THOUSANDS) of walkers himself with a tiny axe, the whole damn town gets inspired, inspirationally rallies, and fights them more than effectively with just hand held weapons. Oh yeah, and not a single one of the town folk die. Not a single one.

Farewell logic.

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/meyers-v-dogdeacon-the-walking-dead.87820/

Reaction Score
This show is going absolutely nowhere. Aside from repeating the same plot (the group finds a new "home" which quickly gets overrun), they continue killing off new characters who we have no reason to care about, while the OGs get out of impossible situations.

Three things from last episode just made me laugh.

1. Rick leaving his baby with the priest, who's not only useless but incapable of defending himself.
2. Abraham and Sasha firing off lines of machine guns that magically miss Glenn...but kill every walker within a few feet of him.
3. Carl surviving a shot through the eye despise insufficient medicine and not having an actual Doctor.

This show stinks.

Reaction Score
This show is going absolutely nowhere. Aside from repeating the same plot (the group finds a new "home" which quickly gets overrun), they continue killing off new characters who we have no reason to care about, while the OGs get out of impossible situations.

Three things from last episode just made me laugh.

1. Rick leaving his baby with the priest, who's not only useless but incapable of defending himself.
2. Abraham and Sasha firing off lines of machine guns that magically miss Glenn...but kill every walker within a few feet of him.
3. Carl surviving a shot through the eye despise insufficient medicine and not having an actual Doctor.
Funny, I can see how it is possible to defend this show when you like an episode. It is equally ludicrous to like/believe it and to hate it/poke holes in the logic of a zombie show. I.e. when episodes slow down how can one not wonder why zombie blood continues to pump, how can heads live without a heart & a zillion other things. Such a fine line between suspending disbelief fun fiction and just stupid that's simply going to vary from person-to-person. Anyway:
1. Agreed
2. They've been doing this for years though with characters missing targets at point blank range one second then nailing head shots from 100 feet from moving cars the next.
3. I assume the bullet just glanced off his face and didn't enter his head, plus Carl & Rick have character shields that make one believe they cannot die regardless of their situation.

I was more struck by Rick's totally irresponsible decision to venture out into hundreds or thousands of zombies by himself with an axe. This is supposed to be your strategic leader that you trust to make smart decisions for the survival of humanity?! If the whole group doesn't join him and if Daryll & Co. don't come to save the day this is a reckless suicide mission, but because it worked and was good TV I just need to move on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
http://io9.gizmodo.com/here-s-what-was-wrong-with-the-walking-dead-s-mid-seaso-1759186419

That article sums up my feelings quite well. I'm not nearly as appalled by Sam's death as the author seems to be, but I think he nailed the rest of it. This show is just kind of silly at this point.
The midseason premier was a pretty good one. Quite a few people seem to think it's one of the better one's in the series. Not sure I'd agree with that, but it was pretty good. Had a little bit of everything for everybody. In the writing it looks like the 6-9 episode was the conclusion of the first part of the season as opposed to the start of the second half. Last night's episode (6-10) jumps us a few weeks and gets us started on the Jesus/Negen story arc. This should be interesting for those who like the show. Particularly for those who like the comics. Gimple seems to be following the comics more closely lately.

Reaction Score
The midseason premier was a pretty good one. Quite a few people seem to think it's one of the better one's in the series. Not sure I'd agree with that, but it was pretty good. Had a little bit of everything for everybody. In the writing it looks like the 6-9 episode was the conclusion of the first part of the season as opposed to the start of the second half. Last night's episode (6-10) jumps us a few weeks and gets us started on the Jesus/Negen story arc. This should be interesting for those who like the show. Particularly for those who like the comics. Gimple seems to be following the comics more closely lately.

So let me ask you this. I haven't watched now since they first got to Alexandria. Carol threatened the little kid while she was baking cookies. The husband was abusive to the hot chick that Rick was flirting with.

In the grand scheme of things, what have I really missed?

I've read along in this thread a little. Heard water cooler talk at work. Facebook updates. Seems like I have really missed just "more of the same". In regards to some sort of answer or solution or "game breaker" type revelation, there really hasn't been anything, right? New safe haven that isn't so safe, a few randoms get killed along the way, onto the next town. We're 6+ seasons in here. Is there an end to this series somewhere? 9 seasons? 10 seasons?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In the grand scheme of things, what have I really missed?

I've read along in this thread a little. Heard water cooler talk at work. Facebook updates. Seems like I have really missed just "more of the same". In regards to some sort of answer or solution or "game breaker" type revelation, there really hasn't been anything, right? New safe haven that isn't so safe, a few randoms get killed along the way, onto the next town. We're 6+ seasons in here. Is there an end to this series somewhere? 9 seasons? 10 seasons?
Well you missed 6-1 which was a really coolly done episode. Having real time in color and flashback in B&W was pretty unique. The Wolves attack, 6-2, was excellent. You missed the great "Is Glen alive or dead?" debate. Morgan's back story in 6-4 was pretty good. (pretty much anything with Lennie James is well done)

As to an end? Probably not in the near future. One they still have lots of source material to cover. Negan appeared about 2/3 of the way into the comics so there is at least 1/3 more comics to cover. And the comics are still being written. But yea I could see 9 or 10. Secondly they are still rolling in ratings. Avg well over 13+ million. Almost double what you can get for GoT. Heck even Talking Dead is coming in second in the Cable ratings. No reason to cut it short.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom