The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Like I told tcf on Twitter the cliffhanger was just a terrible idea. It's going to lose all its effectiveness to start the next season. The best thing they could have done was show the devastation and let that simmer all offseason.

Just such a decision.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Like I told tcf on Twitter the cliffhanger was just a terrible idea. It's going to lose all its effectiveness to start the next season. The best thing they could have done was show the devastation and let that simmer all offseason.

Just such a boneheaded decision.

I had to Google "Who did Negan kill?". And now must wonder if they go off-comic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I liked the episode, how suspenseful it was. But I'd much rather have had the payoff at the end. Disappointed there. Really would have preferred a couple deaths.

On the Talking Dead, they questioned them (Gimple and Kirkman) and they both said they like cliffhangers. Lot's of shows have cliffhangers. meh. I think cliffhangers work much better at the mid-season finale instead of at the end of the season. You need some closure.

They also tried to explain that the back half of the season was working towards Negen's introduction, not necessarily the death of whomever. And Negen's introduction concludes this story line. The death will begin a new story line (i.e. next season). meh again.

I just hope the death is a good one. Daryl, Michonne, Glenn (eh maybe Maggie with the baby or Abraham). Won't be worth waiting if it's Aaron, Rosita, Eugene. I think we can be pretty sure it's not Rick or Carl. Really need it to be Daryl, Michonne or Glenn to get a decent payoff.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I liked the episode, how suspenseful it was. But I'd much rather have had the payoff at the end. Disappointed there. Really would have preferred a couple deaths.

On the Talking Dead, they questioned them (Gimple and Kirkman) and they both said they like cliffhangers. Lot's of shows have cliffhangers. meh. I think cliffhangers work much better at the mid-season finale instead of at the end of the season. You need some closure.

They also tried to explain that the back half of the season was working towards Negen's introduction, not necessarily the death of whomever. And Negen's introduction concludes this story line. The death will begin a new story line (i.e. next season). meh again.

I just hope the death is a good one. Daryl, Michonne, Glenn (eh maybe Maggie with the baby or Abraham). Won't be worth waiting if it's Aaron, Rosita, Eugene. I think we can be pretty sure it's not Rick or Carl. Really need it to be Daryl, Michonne or Glenn to get a decent payoff.

Zero chance it's Daryl imo. He's way too popular of a character. Ratings.

The best would be Carl. Rick would become absolutely unhinged--to great effect. And I dislike Carl's stupidass hair so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Zero chance it's Daryl imo. He's way too popular of a character. Ratings.
Norman does have another TV project though....just sayin'.

The best would be Carl. Rick would become absolutely unhinged--to great effect. And I dislike Carl's stupidass hair so I wouldn't have to look at it anymore.
Less than zero chance. One, they are not gonna stray from the comics that much and two, from a story line, Negen is not gonna want to piss of anyone that much. He want's Rick to be subordinate, not manically pissed off with nothing to lose.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Norman does have another TV project though....just sayin'.

True, but it's not exactly the tough time commitment type of thing.

Less than zero chance. One, they are not gonna stray from the comics that much and two, from a story line, Negen is not gonna want to piss of anyone that much. He want's Rick to be subordinate, not manically pissed off with nothing to lose.

Oh, I agree. It would just be ideal from my perspective. That's why it's likely not Michonne either.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
True, but it's not exactly the tough time commitment type of thing.
Yea, looking into it, it's only 6 episodes AND it's done by AMC. Soo, I'm guess they could/would work around that easily.

Oh, I agree. It would just be ideal from my perspective. That's why it's likely not Michonne either.
But Negen doesn't know that. He does know Carl is Rick's son.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What's sad is I am not eager for the next season. I'll watch but i am already waiting for the Yanks. And Shameless. And Saul. Wanting to know who had their head bashed in is just not something I need to clutter my mind.

I am assuming the Bod Armor Boys have an army that will ride through the woods with Carol, Morgan, Hilltoppers and Alexandrians.

I also thought Rick was gonna do another throat chomp on a bad guy last night.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I think the death will be relatively unimpressive thus they wanted to make Negan's intro the sole focus in the finale.

My money is on Eugene, with Abraham a close second.

It's definitely not Rick or Carl based on what Negan said while he was bashing whomever's head in.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What's sad is I am not eager for the next season. I'll watch but i am already waiting for the Yanks. And Shameless. And Saul. Wanting to know who had their head bashed in is just not something I need to clutter my mind.
Yea, I imagine it's pretty cluttered already. ;)

I am assuming the Bod Armor Boys have an army that will ride through the woods with Carol, Morgan, Hilltoppers and Alexandrians.
I'm kind of interested in knowing who they are. I imagine they have another community. That would make 3 along with the Saviors. They're world is expanding.

I also thought Rick was gonna do another throat chomp on a bad guy last night.
I've heard Negen is a pretty big deal in the comics. Along with all the buildup to his arrival, I imagine he'll be around for quite awhile. At least season 7, probably into season 8. Don't see Rick dispatching this one too quickly, even with Jesus' help.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think the death will be relatively unimpressive thus they wanted to make Negan's intro the sole focus in the finale.

My money is on Eugene, with Abraham a close second.

It's definitely not Rick or Carl based on what Negan said while he was bashing whomever's head in.

Eugene makes the most sense to me. The twist of him becoming a 'survivor' and then becoming easily scrubbed out would provide a little contrast.

Also, there would have been foreshadowing with him giving the bullet plans to Rick. So they could keep that plot point open as well.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I've heard Negen is a pretty big deal in the comics. Along with all the buildup to his arrival, I imagine he'll be around for quite awhile. At least season 7, probably into season 8. Don't see Rick dispatching this one too quickly, even with Jesus' help.

It could be a very useful and bloody story line though. Would pack some action into the series.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If I was Negan I would bash my biggest threat...Rick. Then Abraham.

Alas...I Googled it. Will see if they go off-comic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If I was Negan I would bash my biggest threat...Rick. Then Abraham.

Alas...I Googled it. Will see if they go off-comic.
Don't know if he sees Rick as that big of a threat, yet. He doesn't or hasn't had that much trouble subordinating groups/leaders. So it would seem anyway. I suppose if Rick acts up, he'd have no trouble getting rid of him. (from a tactical stand point, just move someone more pliable into the leadership; we all know the difficulty of getting rid of the protagonist)

I hope they do go off comic, otherwise, not much of a cliffhanger if half your audience already knows.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Don't know if he sees Rick as that big of a threat, yet. He doesn't or hasn't had that much trouble subordinating groups/leaders. So it would seem anyway. I suppose if Rick acts up, he'd have no trouble getting rid of him. (from a tactical stand point, just move someone more pliable into the leadership;

Rick just looks beaten right now. After the comically stupid plan of running through the woods with Maggie on a stretcher, I'm not surprised.

At best, they should have split groups into three or four. Fan out in all diff directions from a central location. Keep maggie and two capable guys with guns in the RV. Doubled back to the original driving point, and bust through. Also, if they had the time (don't know the distance), they should have gotten another truck to use as a battering ram ahead of the RV.

Also, if they had any rocket launcher missiles left, that would have been a good time to bust them out. I didn't count the original rounds nor how many they used (at least 3 tho).

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

They bungled the mid-season cliff hanger as well. If they truly wanted to get a great cliff hanger it would have ended with Carl getting shot in the eye and him saying "Dad?". Then you don't know if he is going to live or die. Instead of having that kid repeating mom a few times.

Reaction Score
Finale was okay. Would've saved myself 45 minutes of garbage by waiting to watch on DVR. I don't love the show is much as I used to, but I'll keep watching. I hope they don't go too dark. Some points/predictions.

1) I've thought of how society would rebuild. I can see there being an accelerated run through human history. It was tribal, and now we're headed to somewhat of a feudal system. I like it. Could Rick be the legend of King Arthur that can help unite decent (not all good, but not evil like the Saviors) factions? I've always thought of him more of a Moses that will never be able to enjoy the promised land that he is trying to lead his people to.

2) I hope Enid doesn't starve to death. Carl is a paternalist wannabe dck.

3) To me it's 99% Eugene or Abraham that were killed. From a show perspective, you can remove Daryl. Too popular and allows them to stray from the comic because he isn't / wasn't a character. It can't be Rick (as leader), or Carl, as his son (although that would help with his aging problem). Glenn is a possibility (especially considering this season's tease of his death), but if Negan knows Maggie is pregnant, that might push the Alexandrians too far.

They blatantly set-up for a loss of Eugene (I'm a survivor, here are my plans Rick), and Abraham (can we have lives like Glenn and Maggie). Plus their goodbye embrace. If I'm Negan it would be Abraham. Take out the guy that looks bad-arse and not scared. Leave the weak one behind (Eugene) that will probably not instigate future problems. Also, the group was willing to sacrifice Eugene (leaving him with RV). Don't let them dictate who I take out. The reason that it could be Eugene if I'm Negan? Eugene might not be too important to making the stuff I need. Also, how does Negan recruit all these tough, depraved, psychopaths? Abraham certainly has a look like he could be one of them.

I'm going with Abraham. Next season we'll pick up in a beaten-down Alexandria that is subservient to the Saviors. We'll find out who was killed when Glenn comes in and asks Maggie "how is Baby Herschel Abraham is doing." The rest of the season will be about back channeling between Savior subservients. Carol and Morgan will try to convince Don Quixote and his group that the Alexandrians can be trusted. Eugene will either: 1) secretly build their bullet factory which will eventually be distributed to the subservients; or 2) the bullet factory will become what Alexandria can produce for the Saviors.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They bungled the mid-season cliff hanger as well. If they truly wanted to get a great cliff hanger it would have ended with Carl getting shot in the eye and him saying "Dad?". Then you don't know if he is going to live or die. Instead of having that kid repeating mom a few times.
Agree that would have been better. Actually thought Episode 6-9 went with the first half of the season. And the 2nd half really started with 6-10.

It'll work better on DVD and marathons. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Rick just looks beaten right now. After the comically stupid plan of running through the woods with Maggie on a stretcher, I'm not surprised.
Yea, they did a good job with that. And Andrew Lincoln did a great job acting. They had built up his (their) confidence in the past few episodes just to have it shattered right then and there. And it was. You could see it. Great job.

At best, they should have split groups into three or four. Fan out in all diff directions from a central location. Keep maggie and two capable guys with guns in the RV. Doubled back to the original driving point, and bust through. Also, if they had the time (don't know the distance), they should have gotten another truck to use as a battering ram ahead of the RV.

Also, if they had any rocket launcher missiles left, that would have been a good time to bust them out. I didn't count the original rounds nor how many they used (at least 3 tho).
Yea, I said that to my wife. Wish they had that RPG.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom