The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Finale was okay. Would've saved myself 45 minutes of garbage by waiting to watch on DVR. I don't love the show is much as I used to, but I'll keep watching. I hope they don't go too dark. Some points/predictions.
Yea, told my wife, cool we get and hour and a half....just means more commercials. :(

1) I've thought of how society would rebuild. I can see there being an accelerated run through human history. It was tribal, and now we're headed to somewhat of a feudal system. I like it. Could Rick be the legend of King Arthur that can help unite decent (not all good, but not evil like the Saviors) factions? I've always thought of him more of a Moses that will never be able to enjoy the promised land that he is trying to lead his people to.
Interesting. I always thought the end would be Carl (the only one left) heading down the road (maybe on a horse) all alone, just like his dad started out.

2) I hope Enid doesn't starve to death. Carl is a paternalist wannabe dck.
I know right? I figured somebody would find her eventually, but geez. But probably better in the end she didn't come with them.

3) To me it's 99% Eugene or Abraham that were killed. From a show perspective, you can remove Daryl. Too popular and allows them to stray from the comic because he isn't / wasn't a character. It can't be Rick (as leader), or Carl, as his son (although that would help with his aging problem). Glenn is a possibility (especially considering this season's tease of his death), but if Negan knows Maggie is pregnant, that might push the Alexandrians too far.

They blatantly set-up for a loss of Eugene (I'm a survivor, here are my plans Rick), and Abraham (can we have lives like Glenn and Maggie). Plus their goodbye embrace. If I'm Negan it would be Abraham. Take out the guy that looks bad-arse and not scared. Leave the weak one behind (Eugene) that will probably not instigate future problems. Also, the group was willing to sacrifice Eugene (leaving him with RV). Don't let them dictate who I take out. The reason that it could be Eugene if I'm Negan? Eugene might not be too important to making the stuff I need. Also, how does Negan recruit all these tough, depraved, psychopaths? Abraham certainly has a look like he could be one of them.

I'm going with Abraham. Next season we'll pick up in a beaten-down Alexandria that is subservient to the Saviors. We'll find out who was killed when Glenn comes in and asks Maggie "how is Baby Herschel Abraham is doing." The rest of the season will be about back channeling between Savior subservients. Carol and Morgan will try to convince Don Quixote and his group that the Alexandrians can be trusted. Eugene will either: 1) secretly build their bullet factory which will eventually be distributed to the subservients; or 2) the bullet factory will become what Alexandria can produce for the Saviors.
I could see it being Abraham. Especially when, whomever it was, got back up after the first blow. He's pretty thick-headed. ;)

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Also, "taking it like a champ" probably points us to Abraham.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Drive 20 miles, road's closed, turn around.

Drive 30 miles, road's closed, turn around

Drive 40 miles road's closed again....

Yeah, that was worth the extra 30 minutes.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
L. O. L.

I didn't think this show could insult its viewers more than it already had this season. Oh how wrong I was...

Reaction Score
Rick's escape from another impossible situation is gonna be laughable.

This season was a D- at best.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh man, Andrew Lincoln could be the worst lead actor in television. His over emoting was comical.

Contrast that to Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who kills it in almost anything he does. Even if it is the same character most of the time, it's an awesome character.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Once again, on foot, they somehow wander into a crowd of people mysteriously standing around waiting for them.

Rick is quite possibly the worst gang leader since the oaf from Sons of Anarchy. And the final scene, good lord.

This show is becoming cartoon-stupid.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Once again, on foot, they somehow wander into a crowd of people mysteriously standing around waiting for them.
Mysteriously? Were you unable to follow the plot?

This show is becoming cartoon-stupid.
Well it is/was a comic. ;)

Reaction Score
I am impressed how susceptible they are to being stuck up on in the woods or surrounded by large men in flannel shirts who just seem to be randomly standing in a road or the woods. And all of them shop at the Big and Tall shop.

By my count, this is the 878th time Darryl and Glen have been snuck up on.
Indeed. My point is more about the sad writing in which anyone's skill or ability can be turned on or off on a whim as a lazy plot device.

You just don't have "tracker redneck" out in the woods tracking people from 2 days ago 1) flanked by people with no such ability whatsoever, and then 2) incapable of detecting the presence of the very same people he was tracking in the first place. Just lazy, lazy writing.

I'm not making a commentary on the ability of people to track or be tracked in the woods. Just that the writing on this show has seemingly gone way downhill. Either that, or I'm jsut becoming more aware of how bad the writing has been since the beginning as the same plot devices are recycled again and again and again.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Either that, or I'm jsut becoming more aware of how bad the writing has been since the beginning as the same plot devices are recycled again and again and again.

...and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mysteriously? Were you unable to follow the plot?

Stop. They could just have Rick eat a bowl of Cheerios for an entire hour and you'd show up here to defend its brilliance.

This is the millionth time people have mysteriously gathered in mass in a perfect circle exactly where these people are walking. It's just goofy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Stop. They could just have Rick eat a bowl of Cheerios for an entire hour and you'd show up here to defend its brilliance.

This is the millionth time people have mysteriously gathered in mass in a perfect circle exactly where these people are walking. It's just goofy.

And I'll repeat, running through a thick forest in the dead of night with no light, hauling a **cking pregnant woman on a stretcher...in the same the same forest where your enemy is hiding no less ...is a hell of a plan.

I have no creative writing skill, have never even done it actually, but I guarantee I could have written a better plot sequence than that. In fact, I think I even outlined a better one in this thread.

Reaction Score
At this point the show is essentially the Batman series with Adam Ward & we are upset at the heroes & villains for the improbable escapes from certain death cliffhangers. It is a comic.

I was expecting it to be really awful going in (watched last night so I'd heard negative buzz but nothing direct) so was pleasantly surprised that only the ending was truly terrible (both the cliffhanger & the hike/surrounded non-plan). Up to that point it was suspenseful and I honestly thought Eugene was going to suicide bomb the Rust-bucket and take out a sizable chunk of Negans.

Negan's introduction was blah since we knew he wasn't killing the entire cast (although THAT woulda been great) but I did like his line about 'future serial killer' Carl.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I'm sorry you can't follow a plot. If it's soooo difficult (or goofy) for you, then maybe you should just stop watching.

I realize quite a few of you on here are not real bright (evidenced by how often I have to come on here and explain stuff to you). Maybe it would be best if you just watched some of them other "brilliantly written" shows.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Negan's introduction was blah since we knew he wasn't killing the entire cast (although THAT woulda been great) but I did like his line about 'future serial killer' Carl.
That was a good line.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I realize quite a few of you on here are not real bright (evidenced by how often I have to come on here and explain stuff to you). Maybe it would be best if you just watched some of them other "brilliantly written" shows.

Well thanks for insulting everybody in this thread. That accomplishes a lot.

We are venting. Because the writing in the show has really slipped. It could be much, much, much better. There's no reason for it to slip; it's a shame because the show has so much potential. But it's not fulfilling it. Some of us are watching because we've watched from the beginning and are invested now....and we are hoping (in vain?) it turns around.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry you can't follow a plot. If it's soooo difficult (or goofy) for you, then maybe you should just stop watching.

Hahahahahaha.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well thanks for insulting everybody in this thread. That accomplishes a lot.
No problem.

We are venting. Because the writing in the show has really slipped. It could be much, much, much better. There's no reason for it to slip; it's a shame because the show has so much potential. But it's not fulfilling it. Some of us are watching because we've watched from the beginning and are invested now....and we are hoping (in vain?) it turns around.
This season was a very interesting season. Probably 3rd best so far. And yet, quite a few on here just seem to want to whine and complain. It gets old.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hahahahahaha.
my-pleasure-clipart-1.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You could try just off? That might help ease your burden.

But anyway, nice to see you're more easily entertained than the rest of us.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This season was a very interesting season. Probably 3rd best so far. And yet, quite a few on here just seem to want to whine and complain. It gets old.

That says more about some of the other seasons, than it does about this one.

This season def had its moments, but they were strung together by some serious garbage.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That says more about some of the other seasons, than it does about this one.

This season def had its moments, but they were strung together by some serious garbage.
There were a couple episodes in there that were "eh" (Now, Heads Up), but overall most of the episodes were pretty good this season. Yea I didn't like the Glenn thing nor the very ending of the season, but mostly the season was pretty good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You could try just ---ing off? That might help ease your burden.
I could, but then so could you. But I kind feel it's my duty to fix stupidity. I know, I know, you can't fix stupid. But I try.

But anyway, nice to see you're more easily entertained than the rest of us.
What can I say, you guys are amusing. :D

Reaction Score

How come you being an uber-extreme apologist for a zombie cable show turns into everyone else being less intelligent than you are?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom