The Walking Dead Season 6 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

The Walking Dead Season 6

Reaction Score
I do think part of the problem here is various ideas about what constitutes a "forest". I'm pretty damn sure there are a whole ton of forests in Georgia where a couple groups of people could wander about - FOR WEEKS - and not run into each other. Just because you are in "the same forest" really doesn't mean squat.

Reaction Score
Because the writing in the show has really slipped. It could be much, much, much better. There's no reason for it to slip; it's a shame because the show has so much potential. But it's not fulfilling it. Some of us are watching because we've watched from the beginning and are invested now....and we are hoping (in vain?) it turns around.
The irony is that they've adapted a comic book and yet, the writing has not elevated from "comic book" in the least. Apparently they don't see how moving pictures might require a teensy bit more depth than a comic book.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How come you being an uber-extreme apologist for a zombie cable show turns into everyone else being less intelligent than you are?
It doesn't. My being a fan (and there are a lot who are uber-extremer than me) has nothing to do with their inability to follow a plot line (or lack of intelligence). That's their problem. I just try to help them out.

I do think part of the problem here is various ideas about what constitutes a "forest". I'm pretty damn sure there are a whole ton of forests in Georgia where a couple groups of people could wander about - FOR WEEKS - and not run into each other. Just because you are in "the same forest" really doesn't mean squat.

See what I mean Deep? They haven't been in Georgia since 5-8.

Reaction Score
"Everyone else has a different viewpoint than me, so clearly everyone else is the problem!!"

Always my favorite viewpoint when it happens.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Everyone else has a different viewpoint than me, so clearly everyone else is the problem!!"

Always my favorite viewpoint when it happens.
See my signature. :cool:

Reaction Score
I saw in a news blurb this week that they are teasing next season & promising the introduction of a comic book character that keeps a pet tiger! Not sure if that makes me want to pull the plug prior to that eating the shark moment or if I further embrace the farce and watch them write themselves into deeper darker corners.

The headline of the article or talk, was 'we didn't purposefully troll (f with) our fans' via that horrible ending. See we aren't nefarious ore even mean, we are just not particularly bright.

Reaction Score
I was recently catching up on The Good Wife and said - I like the new investigator - he seems like a badass. Now I know why - he is Negan. Would love if he brought Lucille to the office. That would be good TV.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I saw in a news blurb this week that they are teasing next season & promising the introduction of a comic book character that keeps a pet tiger! Not sure if that makes me want to pull the plug prior to that eating the shark moment or if I further embrace the farce and watch them write themselves into deeper darker corners.
Don't click link if you don't want a "potential" spoiler.

The Walking Dead tease arrival of another comic book character

Gimple seems to be a huge fan of the comics. So we are probably going to get most of the main stuff from the comics.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry you can't follow a plot. If it's soooo difficult (or goofy) for you, then maybe you should just stop watching.

I realize quite a few of you on here are not real bright (evidenced by how often I have to come on here and explain stuff to you). Maybe it would be best if you just watched some of them other "brilliantly written" shows.

Not sure why you don't get this. When you have a fictional world based on a fundamentally impossible premise (zombies in this case), it works only if you do your best to make everything else conform to the known laws of physics, chemistry, science and human nature and capability. It is impossible that the Saviors could have intercepted the RV at all those locations and intercepted them going through the woods. Even with Eugene tipping them off. What can they fly or something?

The show has been making that same mistake over and over lately. Meanwhile, everyone knows that none of the gasoline refined pre zombies would still be functional. The show has become increasingly silly and thus more boring.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The irony is that they've adapted a comic book and yet, the writing has not elevated from "comic book" in the least. Apparently they don't see how moving pictures might require a teensy bit more depth than a comic book.

There are brilliant comic book writers. Neil Gaiman for sure. But this writing, this is more like Richie Rich comic books.

Reaction Score
Just read a good article about how fans and fan theories of Game of Thrones has exploded in the last few seasons and they scour the books and trailers and episodes looking for clues to what lies ahead as it builds up to the climax. I sorta feel that The Walking Dead is going in the opposite direction. They haven't killed one of the major characters in a very long time - Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Glen, Maggie. No real major plot twists to veer the show off the track.

When I binged Breaking Bad, I thought the last 2 seasons were amazing and the story crested perfectly, built up more and more until the finale. I feel like GoT is more along those lines....and TWD is much less along those lines.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure why you don't get this.
Not sure why some of you guys don't get it either. Plenty of people out there do.

It is impossible that the Saviors could have intercepted the RV at all those locations and intercepted them going through the woods.
How is that impossible? Please explain.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just read a good article about how fans and fan theories of Game of Thrones has exploded in the last few seasons and they scour the books and trailers and episodes looking for clues to what lies ahead as it builds up to the climax.
And yet it's just a fraction of the stuff for the Walking Dead. It wasn't until season 4 that GOT passed The Talking Dead (not The Walking Dead but The Talking Dead in viewer numbers).

They haven't killed one of the major characters in a very long time - Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Glen, Maggie.
True, it has been awhile. But they have killed off somebody there at the end of last season. Just don't know who yet. (and no I'm not a big fan of that cliff hanger)

No real major plot twists to veer the show off the track.
Expanding their world, without having them keep being a band of travelers is a pretty big plot twist.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And yet it's just a fraction of the stuff for the Walking Dead. It wasn't until season 4 that GOT passed The Talking Dead (not The Walking Dead but The Talking Dead in viewer numbers).

True, it has been awhile. But they have killed off somebody there at the end of last season. Just don't know who yet. (and no I'm not a big fan of that cliff hanger)

Expanding their world, without having them keep being a band of travelers is a pretty big plot twist.

My wife watches walking dead. I never did except for maybe most of the first season back then. As a concession to her complaining about me not watching "her shows" with her, I agreed to watch "Fear the walking dead" with her.

So my question is this. Walking Dead cant suck that bad, can it? If it has those numbers? Because Fear the walking Dead makes me want to drink bleach.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My wife watches walking dead. I never did except for maybe most of the first season back then. As a concession to her complaining about me not watching "her shows" with her, I agreed to watch "Fear the walking dead" with her.

So my question is this. Walking Dead cant suck that bad, can it? If it has those numbers? Because Fear the walking Dead makes me want to drink bleach.

Walking Dead was superb. Fantastic for the fist few seasons. But it took a turn, really since the Governor and the Prison in my mind, to ever less believable story-lines. I still watch, but find myself easily distracted instead of glued to the TV.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not sure why some of you guys don't get it either. Plenty of people out there do.

How is that impossible? Please explain.

There were 5-6 routes, minimum, and yet at least half (or nearly all in one case) of the manpower of the Saviors was there each time. It was absurd. How did the same people guess correctly which route and manage to get there much more quickly than Rick's crew? Back-country roads don't work that way. Do they have helicopters we don't know about?

Reaction Score
There were 5-6 routes, minimum, and yet at least half (or nearly all in one case) of the manpower of the Saviors was there each time. It was absurd. How did the same people guess correctly which route and manage to get there much more quickly than Rick's crew? Back-country roads don't work that way. Do they have helicopters we don't know about?

They did put in a ton of effort on the one with log barrier and fire. In a world where fuel is a precious commodity and noise attracts walkers, it may not have been the wisest allocation of resources to block a road that way. It did look cool, though.

Even the one where the dead were chained across the road was a risky decision, because there's always a chance one of the walkers could get loose or someone could slip.

If Negan wanted to catch Rick's group with minimal effort, he could have surrounded them as they approached Hilltop. He knew where they were going and he'd have plenty of time to set his trap there. On the other hand, the way they did it made sure the audience knew that every move Rick made was countered until he was reduced to running through the woods in the dark, and even that failed. Of course, they had to include a bunch of unrealistic moves to drive that point home.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Walking Dead isn't on GoT level, and even when it was at its best it never was, but it's a helluva lot better than Fear.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Negan group really just had to stand in a circle in the middle of the woods because everyone knows that Rick and company will wander into the middle of that circle 32 times a season. The show has fallen off a table - at its best, it's brilliant. At its worst, it's entertainment for simpletons.

Right now, it's at its worst.

Game of Thones is chess, the Walking Dead has become checkers. Comparing the two right now is pointless.

Reaction Score
Walking Dead was superb. Fantastic for the fist few seasons. But it took a turn, really since the Governor and the Prison in my mind, to ever less believable story-lines. I still watch, but find myself easily distracted instead of glued to the TV.

Hard to say anything about a show being believable when its premise is zombies over taking the Earth

Reaction Score

This is a ridiculous spin statement. The Walking Dead is free....and Nielsen doesn't count non-HBO subscribers in their numbers. And that also doesn't take into account the illegal downloads and the season opener this year was illegally downloaded a million times in half a day. I get that you're going to blindly support this show, even as it continues to deteriorate, but try to keep some sense of reality in your arguments.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There were 5-6 routes, minimum, and yet at least half (or nearly all in one case) of the manpower of the Saviors was there each time.
Ummm, no that's not what happened. See here's where I get some of you are really poor at watching and understanding a fairly easy to follow TV show. It's really not that hard. There were at least 3 different groups of Saviors. Probably more. They could have most likely had 3-4 routes blocked at a time. And after Rick's group tried each one, they had less to block.

How did the same people guess correctly which route and manage to get there much more quickly than Rick's crew? Back-country roads don't work that way.
Actually back country roads do work that way. Especially if you know them and have been around them for quite some time. The Saviors have been around the Alexandria area for probably the entire apocalypse. Rick's group has been there for a couple months? And the Saviors have been setting up road block for quite some time too (we've seen that in the show). So logically, they know the roads really well. All they needed would be a couple spotters and they could radio (we know they have them) each other to coordinate. Not really all that difficult.

Getting everyone to the one place in the woods, ok yea that's a bit of a stretch, I'll give you that. But again, it's a TV show. You're gonna get some stuff like that in any TV show (movie).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Negan group really just had to stand in a circle in the middle of the woods because everyone knows that Rick and company will wander into the middle of that circle 32 times a season. The show has fallen off a table - at its best, it's brilliant. At its worst, it's entertainment for simpletons.

Right now, it's at its worst.

Game of Thones is chess, the Walking Dead has become checkers. Comparing the two right now is pointless.
I've tried watching GOT. Sorry, talk about unrealistic and even worse, boring as hell. My wife has started watching it, it's just too slow and mindless for me. But hey, if you guys enjoy it, go for it. I won't come on your thread and tell you how stupid it is. (unlike some people, hmmm?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom