• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t think we should give up on Evers because he played poorly against a team that we knew we wouldn’t beat

If he comes out cold and plays poorly in the first half today, then we need to have some conversations. But hoping it doesn’t get to that point and we start to see the promise!

Reaction Score
Today if we get out to lead of 17 or more points, we need to get a Better look at Cole, Tucker, and Nick but I think based on last week, they should start Joe.

This whole locking in on one QB who is not lighting it up - Mora says - a QB shouldn't have to look at “over his shoulder”- well it has been not working Jim - sorry to say.

Let‘s get a good look at our QBs while we can, our season may depend on it.
I prefer Joe too, but it was one game, in his first live action in years. You have to give him more time than that.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't care what lead we have, I think you keep on Evers for awhile to continue building confidence and knowledge of the offense. What better way then in a real game situation where you are playing against another team and not the practice squad. Now at 30+, I'm good with pulling him. But I wanna give him as much run as he can get to gain familiarity with the offense and build chemistry with his receivers. What good do we get throwing Joe out there?

Reaction Score
I don't care what lead we have, I think you keep on Evers for awhile to continue building confidence and knowledge of the offense. What better way then in a real game situation where you are playing against another team and not the practice squad. Now at 30+, I'm good with pulling him. But I wanna give him as much run as he can get to gain familiarity with the offense and build chemistry with his receivers. What good do we get throwing Joe out there?
Well, Joe outplayed him last week.

Nick looked like T’Quan the sequel last week. He didn’t even get us inside 30 YD line - it wasn’t good.

If Nick starts, okay fine but I’m not ready to crown him King QB for this game - let some others who also have some or none snaps get in there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This whole locking in on one QB who is not lighting it up - Mora says - a QB shouldn't have to look at “over his shoulder”- well it has been not working Jim - sorry to say.
I appreciate your ability to extrapolate to that conclusion based upon a single game.

That said, hopefully Fagnano will get a big enough lead that we can at least see McDonald out there.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your ability to extrapolate to that conclusion based upon a single game.

That said, hopefully Fagnano will get a big enough lead that we can at least see McDonald out there.
well, if you're watching the game, then the proof is in the pudding

Reaction Score
well, if you're watching the game, then the proof is in the pudding
Since this is QB issue thread. Joe won the starting position for next week. Let Evers continue to develop as QB #2. Get him some snaps in Duke game but let Joe start— keep in until a crack in door opens for Evers.

Reaction Score
Yikes! Now we have a quarterback controvers…
I believe we do. Fagnano is not a Heisman candidate, but even though it was only Merrimack, Fagnano for the last 1.5 games looks like he knows the offense better than Evers. I know Fagnano might have been going against the 2nd stringers on Maryland, but so was Evers in the 2nd half and he didn't do much.

I am not writing off Evers, and he should be allowed to compete for the first string QB. Having said all of that, Fagnano is the more known quantity at this time. UConn doesn't have the luxury of sacrificing the present to build for the future-they need to see results more immediately.

Reaction Score
I would start Fagnano next week if I was head coach. Case closed. He got the job done today and hearing player postgame comments they respect him for his experience. He is not Mahomes but who else is?

Reaction Score
I think you need to start Fagnano next week. If you were to start Evers and then pull him, I’d think his confidence would be at an all time low. If Fagnano plays well and we win, it’s all good. If Evers has to replace Fagnano next week everyone should still have their head in the game for this year.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think you need to start Fagnano next week. If you were to start Evers and then pull him, I’d think his confidence would be at an all time low. If Fagnano plays well and we win, it’s all good. If Evers has to replace Fagnano next week everyone should still have their head in the game for this year.
Totally agree. He looked great today. Only really bad pass was when he missed a wide open Buckman in the endzone.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It was bad timing on the concussion protocol because it was a really big missed opportunity to allow Evers to settle in and get command of the offense. Merrimack was bad and I think Evers really would have benefited from that

I'm not sold on Joe. He carved up a FCS team. He did the same at Maine but couldn't translate that to the FBS last season. I think it's hard to not start him next week after today's showing but I will not be shocked when we are back here again having the same discussion if/after he craps the bed against Duke. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It's a really big missed opportunity to allow Evers to settle in and get command of the offense. Merrimack was bad and I think Evers really would have benefited from that

I'm not sold on Joe. He carved up a FCS team. He did the same at Maine but couldn't translate that to the FBS last season. I think it's hard to not start him next week after today's showing but I will not be shocked when we are back here again having the same discussion if/after he craps the bed against Duke. Hopefully I'm wrong.
I think Evers not playing today was more of a medical decision.

Reaction Score
Joe should start against Duke. Unfortunate for Evers that he was injured because as a developing younger qb he needs snaps and would have probably been fine today. However on the road against a power conference team you have to go with the more experienced player.

Reaction Score
It's a really big missed opportunity to allow Evers to settle in and get command of the offense. Merrimack was bad and I think Evers really would have benefited from that

The reality is that Evers wouldn't have even had to play well today and we'd still win by 30. So now we have a QB controversy on our hands. The biggest plus today from Fagnano was how much he spread the ball around. The stats are wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom