• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evers looked very inaccurate even when he had time to throw. Fagnano did miss a couple of wide open guy but he showed more consistency than Evers. This has the feeling of whoever starts, the back up should get a series, and if he earns it two.

Reaction Score
Evers looked very inaccurate even when he had time to throw. Fagnano did miss a couple of wide open guy but he showed more consistency than Evers. This has the feeling of whoever starts, the back up should get a series, and if he earns it two.
Everyone gave up on Fagnano after 6 quarters, but there were terrible drops in that NC State game last year and he did beat out Roberson. The crazy thing is starting a worse guy cause he was paid NIL to come here.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would give the Duke start to Fagnano. Lets see if he can build on his performance. Lets see if he can take another 1/2 step forward next week. Smooth things out a bit more.

I would tell Evers that he is still part of the plan, just want him to be fully healthy. And I would tell them both that Evers is probably going to get a start or two during our 6 game homestand provided he is practicing well. Evers has to practice well or no dice on possible starts. Fagnano would have to be playing three steps better before I consider never letting Evers see the field again.

Is this messy? I don't think so. Toughen up kids. Fagnano starts next week, Evers will get another go at some point in September.

Reaction Score
Everyone gave up on Fagnano after 6 quarters despite his beating out Roberson (which everyone attributed to his being from the OC's old school). Now everyone wants to give up on Evers after 2.5 quarters despite his beating out Fagnano (which people are now attributing to being NIL). I don't care who starts, so long as they're the person whom the coaches/team believe gives themselves the best chance to win.

Reaction Score
Everyone gave up on Fagnano after 6 quarters despite his beating out Roberson (which everyone attributed to his being from the OC's old school). Now everyone wants to give up on Evers after 2.5 quarters despite his beating out Fagnano (which people are now attributing to being NIL). I don't care who starts, so long as they're the person whom the coaches/team believe gives themselves the best chance to win.
Only difference is we got a full season out of Roberson and could tell he wasn't the answer.

Reaction Score

Probably because they compared Evers to Mike Vick and destroyed every ounce of credibility with respect to the process. Mora also basically said that we would start him because we signed him from the portal and paid him.

Ringing endorsement.

Reaction Score
Only difference is we got a full season out of Roberson and could tell he wasn't the answer.
Hopefully we don't have to see it, but I have seen people saying stuff about us losing him to K State and if we do have problems at QB, he will be made out to be the Patick Mahomes by some here.

Reaction Score
Probably because they compared Evers to Mike Vick and destroyed every ounce of credibility with respect to the process. Mora also basically said that we would start him because we signed him from the portal and paid him.

Ringing endorsement.
Yeah we are not assuming he got the nod cause of NIL. We were basically told you don't bring a guy in like that to not start. Evers could be great, but not giving Fagnano a start this week would only reinforce the NIL argument into the equation.

Reaction Score
Yeah we are not assuming he got the nod cause of NIL. We were basically told you don't bring a guy in like that to not start. Evers could be great, but not giving Fagnano a start this week would only reinforce the NIL argument into the equation.

He has to play Fagnano. If not. Guillotine.

Reaction Score
I’m actually shocked that people are reversing course on their thoughts of Joe. If mora had named Joe the starter to start the yr the yard would have burned to the ground. Good showing by Joe today

Probably not. This is revisionist history.

People were more upset merely because we were starting a guy based on high school film and writing him a check,l.

Reaction Score
If Evers is healthy, I’d like to see him start. Joe has the perfect temperament (just based on what the coaches say) to come off the bench if needed.
As impressive as his numbers were, most of his stats were YAC. And, he missed some wide open guys downfield. He under threw the guy who made the one handed grab for a TD. So, happy for him and he played well, but not convinced he’s the number one.

Reaction Score

I think Fagnano got hurt during the NC State game. Maybe early on.

Reaction Score
If Evers is healthy, I’d like to see him start. Joe has the perfect temperament (just based on what the coaches say) to come off the bench if needed.
As impressive as his numbers were, most of his stats were YAC. And, he missed some wide open guys downfield. He under threw the guy who made the one handed grab for a TD. So, happy for him and he played well, but not convinced he’s the number one.

Delete your account,

Reaction Score
Fagnano has to start and it's not a close call. It gives Evers another week to recover from a big hit and another week to adjust to the system. I wouldn't even script any special plays for him. He sits unless Joe can't go and if Joe struggles Nick is back for the next game. And if Fagnano keeps winning he keeps playing. Nick will get another shot but my gut says don't argue with winning.

Reaction Score
Everyone gave up on Fagnano after 6 quarters, but there were terrible drops in that NC State game last year and he did beat out Roberson. The crazy thing is starting a worse guy cause he was paid NIL to come here.
Tucker beat out Roberson in the spring. Not exactly hard to do lol.

Reaction Score
Not a Joe F fan. Was not happy about the possibility of him starting. Especially not with talent brought in (Evers) and the two freshman in McDonald and Welliver.

But he’s proven capable, had a great game yesterday. I think you continue Fagnano, and make sure Evers gets his reps in practice and maybe a possession or two in the game (pending right scenario).

if Joe struggles or is hurt, which let’s face it, as UConn QB’s go is highly likely, then Evers gets his chance.
Joe has looked the best in the spring game, the scrimmage, the Maryland game and was near perfect yesterday. You go with the hot hand and based on overall performance since the spring, he gives us the best chance to win against Duke, no question.

Reaction Score
We won't win the Duke game, the Wake game or Syracuse so it almost doesn't matter who we start.
Please expand on that comment after seeing how after yesterday, we can see the upgrade in talent on this team and what they are capable of and why would you not think they can’t build off this momentum and compete, if not win those 3 games?

And by the way, Air Force is ranked 70 and struggled with Merrimack….and ranked similarly to the 3 teams you mentioned.

I’m listening

Reaction Score
You start Joe after yesterday. The kid performed big time, so he earned the start.

Evers will get his chance if Joe is unable to perform.
This. It amazes me we’re having this conversation. If you want to debate who will be starting in 3 weeks go for it, but barring injury there is not going to be a question about who starts next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom