• Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't know how you take the ball out of his hands unless the staff really, really believes in Evers and sees things no one else has

That's the scary, but realistic, possibility.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Fagnano is the starter. He was last year and he lost it do to injury. He is proving he is the correct choice.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would start Fagnano next week if I was head coach. Case closed. He got the job done today and hearing player postgame comments they respect him for his experience. He is not Mahomes but who else is?

Give Fagnano the opportunity to start a game against a legit opponent and see what he does.

I haven't been a fan of Fagnano (I've clearly been ne of his biggest non-fans) but he has earned the right based on two games to get the starting snaps.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Oh it was. I meant it was a missed opportunity because he was injured. Had been healthy he would have benefited
Gotcha…misunderstood your post and I agree.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Evers really didn't look like Michael Vick to me.

He was disappointingly slow in his reads and decision making. Yes, it was his first real game in three years and yes it was against the best defense UConn will see all year but a dual threat has to be decisive as to which threat he will be and Evers also showed horrible touch and accuracy down the field.

As much as I've not advocated for Fagnano, I've been equally consistent saying the vertical passing game has to exist and Fagnano has been spot on with his 15-20 yard throws and Depp passes.

Reaction Score
He was disappointingly slow in his reads and decision making. Yes, it was his first real game in three years and yes it was against the best defense UConn will see all year but a dual threat has to be decisive as to which threat he will be and Evers also showed horrible touch and accuracy down the field.

As much as I've not advocated for Fagnano, I've been equally consistent saying the vertical passing game has to exist and Fagnano has been spot on with his 15-20 yard throws and Depp passes.
Fagnano and Bell also seem to have really good chemistry and Bell might be our best player. You have to feed that dude the rock

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Give Fagnano the opportunity to start a game against a legit opponent and see what he does.

I haven't been a fan of Fagnano (I've clearly been ne of his biggest non-fans) but he has earned the right based on two games to get the starting snaps.
This is where I’m at with him, I’ve been extremely critical of him since he’s been here because he has not proven to be better than anyone else in the QB room but today I think he earned the right to be the starter. I still saw some of the things that I don’t like but overall his command and understanding of the offense, calm presence and ability to spread the ball around and find the open receiver was really good today. His inconstancy of his throws is still there and I noticed today he is wildly inaccurate rolling the pocket to his left, same side that led to the pick last week on the flat to Rosa.

Reaction Score

He also looks like he would get smoked by Vick in a footrace and Vick is no longer a kid.

Reaction Score
I appreciate your ability to extrapolate to that conclusion based upon a single game.

That said, hopefully Fagnano will get a big enough lead that we can at least see McDonald out there.
This aged magnificently

Reaction Score
It was bad timing on the concussion protocol because it was a really big missed opportunity to allow Evers to settle in and get command of the offense. Merrimack was bad and I think Evers really would have benefited from that

I'm not sold on Joe. He carved up a FCS team. He did the same at Maine but couldn't translate that to the FBS last season. I think it's hard to not start him next week after today's showing but I will not be shocked when we are back here again having the same discussion if/after he craps the bed against Duke. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We won't win the Duke game, the Wake game or Syracuse so it almost doesn't matter who we start.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m actually shocked that people are reversing course on their thoughts of Joe. If mora had named Joe the starter to start the yr the yard would have burned to the ground. Good showing by Joe today

Agreed.

But that is why game film matters.

Evers started against the best team UConn will see all season and didn't look good at all. Fagnano played against UMD back ups and looked better.
Fagnano looked great against a FCS team today amd Evers was out.
Dook is a fair barometer to see what UConn QB's can do against a decent FBS school (UMD is way better than decent).

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I still wonder how much NIL plays into these decisions. If you are a donor who was asked to pony up to bring Evers in….are you happy with him getting passed over by the FCS kiid who was already here…and would you donate again?

I think this is still part of the equation…and makes Mora’s job very hard.

Reaction Score
I still wonder how much NIL plays into these decisions. If you are a donor who was asked to pony up to bring Evers in….are you happy with him getting passed over by the FCS kiid who was already here…and would you donate again?

Such a weird comment

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Joe just went for 6 TDs today. Unless Evers comes to practice Monday and is a re-incarnated version of Johnny Unitas, Joe will be the starter.

Reaction Score
Not a Joe F fan. Was not happy about the possibility of him starting. Especially not with talent brought in (Evers) and the two freshman in McDonald and Welliver.

But he’s proven capable, had a great game yesterday. I think you continue Fagnano, and make sure Evers gets his reps in practice and maybe a possession or two in the game (pending right scenario).

if Joe struggles or is hurt, which let’s face it, as UConn QB’s go is highly likely, then Evers gets his chance.

Reaction Score
Don’t worry. Our history is our starters get hurt in p4 games and another quarterback gets a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom