• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fagnano to Porter. Agreed, it was a great throw and a great catch starting at the 3:07 mark. Porter beat his defender and the safety was late getting over. Yes the receiver had to stop to catch the ball but given he caught it at the goal line, I'm not sure Fagnano wanted to throw it much deeper anyway. The throw was well over 50 yards as the crow flies. The defender was beat and the safety had no shot at all.

Worst throw ever according to the lunatics.

Reaction Score
You start Evers. Why? Because he is the likely future and needs reps as much as possible. I'd rather take the lumps at Duke so he's live for our 6 additional home games. The ceiling is much higher for him and the floor is probably the same as Fagnano.

We only know what Joe did during an FCS game and believe it's gospel that Evers would NOT have done the same or more during it. Only the coaches that see them day in and day out know the degree of talent between one and the other. Obviously they're making the decision in the end, and if it is Fagnano, I will assume they believe Evers really doesn't have it and his floor is lower.

Sidenote, the play calling seemed much better for this game beyond the fact that it was an FCS opponent. We should factor that into the equation as well.

If it ends up being Fagnano, I hope Mora and Benedict both give a call directly to the Burton family prior to it hitting headlines (I'll still root for him, of course).

Reaction Score
Fagnano to Porter. Agreed, it was a great throw and a great catch starting at the 3:07 mark. Porter beat his defender and the safety was late getting over. Yes the receiver had to stop to catch the ball but given he caught it at the goal line, I'm not sure Fagnano wanted to throw it much deeper anyway. The throw was well over 50 yards as the crow flies. The defender was beat and the safety had no shot at all.

Even better was the way Fagnano moved in the pocket to extend the play. The Mike backer blitzes becoming the 5th rusher and gets by Murawski. Fagnano didn't panic and side steps him, moving to his left to extend the play. That was a very difficult throw moving to his left and not really being able to step into it. Pretty impressive arm strength just to get it out there. Looks like the play was designed to get Porter in single coverage on the outside, knowing the Cover 1 Safety would have a long way to go to get to the sideline.

It's easy to point out the slightly underthrown deep ball. But most of that can be forgiven when you see his recognition of the Single High Safety, his poise in the pocket, his ability to extend the pay, and his commitment to the favorable outside matchup.

Side note: Brown needs to recognize the blitzing Mike and commit to more of an inside-out pass blocking approach. He commits to chipping the DE too soon.

Reaction Score
Not every FBS QB can throw it that far and drop it on a space the size of dinner plate in motion like some of our fans seem to expect.
Certainly not many that have suited up for us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not every FBS QB can throw it that far and drop it on a space the size of dinner plate in motion like some of our fans seem to expect.

Well, if you believe that ball landed exactly where Fagnano intended to throw it when he released, good for you. I don't believe he can do that. He just threw a deep ball to the corner. Nothing wrong, but I think you're high if you think he was throwing to the dinner plate target.

Reaction Score
He did really well against competition he is used to, though he had the advantage of FBS offense around him this time. This was his Al Bundy/Polk High moment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Worst throw ever according to the lunatics.
Lol, has anyone actually said that, besides you just now. You are entertainingly predictable.

Reaction Score
Well, if you believe that ball landed exactly where Fagnano intended to throw it when he released, good for you. I don't believe he can do that. He just threw a deep ball to the corner. Nothing wrong, but I think you're high if you think he was throwing to the dinner plate target.

Oh no. I wasn't saying that was what he was doing. I'm saying he threw it to a corner. What an amusing interpretation of what I said. Turn you sarcasm detector on oil slick.

Reaction Score
I think the QB decision is easy for the Duke game. We have now seen both Evers and Fagnano in game action and Evers looked like a rookie QB and Fagnano looked like a veteran in both the Maryland and Merrimack games. Add that Fagnano has the 5th highest QB rating in FBS, and Evers was 6/17 35.3%, 74 yards, with 0 TDs and 1 Int., and I don't see how Fagnano doesn't start. And, if a player has a breakout performance in a performance based culture how do you not start him and what message would not starting him send to the team?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Why does "Alex HONNING" bother me so much? There is no second "N" in Honig.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh no. I wasn't saying that was what he was doing. I'm saying he threw it to a corner. What an amusing interpretation of what I said. Turn you sarcasm detector on oil slick.

That's a helluva goal post move of changing it from putting it on a dinner plate sized location and switching to he threw it to a corner (I'll assume you mean the specific corner of the end zone and goal line and not just threw to a generic corner of the field).

Had you originally stated he threw it to the corner which gave the WR a chance to make a play against 2 DB's, that would have been an easy statement to agree with you. The hyperbole claiming he specifically threw it to a specific dinner plate sized location was a tale too tall to leave unchallenged.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Zoocougar reliving Fagnano's toss this whole week.

Screenshot_20240910_083500_Google.jpg

Reaction Score
Safety was way late to rotate over. Fagnano either read that or got lucky, but the safety had no play on that.
I think point is if that ball is thrown with a pair FBS DBs it’s likely picked. The “late” safety covers another step, is a few inches taller with a wider wing span and the ball is picked. It was unwise good throw against lesser competition. It is not dispositive as to whether JF plays or not. The question is can make better decisions with tighter windows and less time.

Reaction Score
I think point is if that ball is thrown with a pair FBS DBs it’s likely picked. The “late” safety covers another step, is a few inches taller with a wider wing span and the ball is picked. It was unwise good throw against lesser competition. It is not dispositive as to whether JF plays or not. The question is can make better decisions with tighter windows and less time.
That is too many whatifs for me. That safety had NO PLAY. Maybe the kid doesn't make that throw based on what HE SAW on the play. Any criticism of THAT PLAY is the worst kind of nitpicking or preconceived bias against the kid.

Reaction Score
Why does "Alex HONNING" bother me so much? There is no second "N" in Honig.
Jawohl! They gotta get that pronunciation correct. Honig rhymes with Konig. Herr Honig played for the Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns.

Reaction Score
That's a helluva goal post move of changing it from putting it on a dinner plate sized location and switching to he threw it to a corner (I'll assume you mean the specific corner of the end zone and goal line and not just threw to a generic corner of the field).

Had you originally stated he threw it to the corner which gave the WR a chance to make a play against 2 DB's, that would have been an easy statement to agree with you. The hyperbole claiming he specifically threw it to a specific dinner plate sized location was a tale too tall to leave unchallenged.

I didn’t move a goal post.

I was making fun of the experts here who think that every FBS Qb can hit a spot the size of dinner plate at that range. You’re lost Oil Slick.

Reaction Score

And we already pointed out that he probably wouldn’t make that throw against FBS DBs. This is kind of irrelevant.

Reaction Score
That is too many whatifs for me. That safety had NO PLAY. Maybe the kid doesn't make that throw based on what HE SAW on the play. Any criticism of THAT PLAY is the worst kind of nitpicking or preconceived bias against the kid.
I got no bias. He deserves to start based on the job he did. End of story… for now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I didn’t move a goal post.

I was making fun of the experts here who think that every FBS Qb can hit a spot the size of dinner plate at that range. You’re lost Oil Slick

Make up your mind.

Did he throw it on purpose to a spot the size of a dinner plate or did he throw it to the corner of the end zone? One target area is much larger than the other.

I've been consistent in what I've said. It was a good throw after deftly avoiding the rush and he put the ball in a spot for the UConn WR to make a play. And that's what the WR did. But the throw itself wasn't anything special. It was the dreaded 50/50 ball that UConn WR's have lost almost 100% of the time over the past decade. Conversely, the same 50/50 throw was completed against UConn almost 100% of the time over the last weekend. It was serendipitous moment us UConn fans haven't been able to see or enjoy recently.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore on twitter per Mora “Evers has been doing more in practice and he will start Saturday as long as he is healthy” interesting
Evers must look unbelievable!!

If that is true either we are going to go 9-3 or Mora could lose the locker room. I'm in the "start JF" camp

Reaction Score
Nil money having a possible influence? Or just talent. We will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member