• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd rather see JF start, but let's not pretend like there's a whole lot of daylight between these two QBs. Makes for great discussion board fodder but on any given day either one of these guys could outperform the other.

There's no right choice when you're rolling the dice until you've seen the outcome.
Evers may have more upside, but Fagnano has more experience. Evers has eligibility after this season and Fagnano does not. Evers was injured for the Merrimack game and Fagnano was not.

I would think that Evers would have to be fully cleared and have an incredible practice week to start this week. And, the schedule for the following 3 weeks are Florida Atlantic, Buffalo, and Temple at home so much easier opponents coming up to help him develop.

Reaction Score
Evers may have more upside, but Fagnano has more experience. Evers has eligibility after this season and Fagnano does not. Evers was injured for the Merrimack game and Fagnano was not.

I would think that Evers would have to be fully cleared and have an incredible practice week to start this week. And, the schedule for the following 3 weeks are Florida Atlantic, Buffalo, and Temple at home so much easier opponents coming up to help him develop.

We think he has upside.

It’s all just a theory at this point.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I will stick with what I have been saying for 25 years. Anyone who believes that a head football coach speaks for the purpose of disseminating truth gets exactly what they deserve.

I have no predictions for the season, but I’ll believe Evers is starting Saturday when I see him walk on the field and not before. Far, far more likely, Mora is keeping the “starter” designation on him but assumes either he won’t be healthy enough or won’t be ready enough on Saturday, knowing that JF isn’t going to make anyone forget Tom Brady and Evers is likely to get another chance soon enough.
Or Fagnano has a great game, giving more fuel to the fire that he should be QB 1. No matter how it turns out, though, there is zero to be gained by flip-flopping in his position that Evers is the designated starter.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would probably start Fagnano just because a positive or negative outcome against Duke resolves the situation in either direction. If he does well in an unfair test, he's the guy. If he does poorly, you give Evers FAU, Buffalo, and Temple at home to shed the rust against some bad teams and show he's the guy long term. If he lays an egg in those 3 games and you're 1-5 or 2-4, you go to Fagnano after the bye week to try to save the season.

If you start Evers and it's Maryland all over again, he's now 0-2 in a pair of games where UConn was a combined 38 point underdog and to me that basically doesn't answer any questions and isn't overly helpful in his development.

The only qualifying statement here is that there is a bit of a sliding scale depending on how clear cut it was that Evers won the job in camp.
  • If you were close to 50/50 on it and only went with Evers because he's the guy you gave the bag to, then you start Fagnano because he has tipped the scale in his favor.
  • If it was 75/25, I think Fagnano has done enough to earn a real if somewhat unfair audition against Duke. You start Fagnano and give him the chance at a miracle performance to win the job.
  • If it was never close and Evers was always 100% the guy, I am fine starting him as soon as he is healthy and understanding results against Duke are irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Joe this Saturday. He's like 35 years old and has a ton of reps. He was trending well against NC State until he got hurt last year.

Evers may have gotten a bag but that doesn't mean he's given the starting role after how he looked against MD.

Reaction Score
Gotta go with Joe this Saturday. He's like 35 years old and has a ton of reps. He was trending well against NC State until he got hurt last year.

Evers may have gotten a bag but that doesn't mean he's given the starting role after how he looked against MD.
I'd like to go with Joe also, but maybe Mora thinks we need more of a running threat at qb against Duke.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if we start a guy who's 0-1 in a blowout coming off a concussion, over the guy who's 1-0, healthy, just blew out our last opponent and is ranked top 10 in the nation. If your coach starts the first guy and we get behind 3-4 scores that coach loses a ton of credibility. Evers PT is likely to be situational and only if needed, but hopefully not.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if we start a guy who's 0-1 in a blowout coming off a concussion, over the guy who's 1-0, healthy, just blew out our last opponent and is ranked top 10 in the nation. If your coach starts the first guy and we get behind 3-4 scores that coach loses a ton of credibility. Evers PT is likely to be situational and only if needed, but hopefully not.
Last Man Standing Yes GIF by FOX TV

Reaction Score
Death, taxes and arguing over who starts at QB for the U.

Although, I never thought we’d start micromanaging a 40 yard td pass to go up 35 before the half.

Good times.

Reaction Score
I'd like to go with Joe also, but maybe Mora thinks we need more of a running threat at qb against Duke.

This whole “we need a running“ QB has me bit baffled…. We played Marland and did a fine job protecting the QB. I am not even sure we have given up a sack yet this year. We might need one soon who knows? but this doesn’t need to be priority #1.

This whole Mora schitcik “I stand behind QB“ and never want him to look over shoulder? Dude, we are one of the worst teams in college according to pollsters without solid play at the QB for 7 or more years. What Joe did last week regardless of who we played was impressive!

Let Joe start w/ hot hand.

Reaction Score
This whole “we need a running“ QB has me bit baffled…. We played Marland and did a fine job protecting the QB. I am not even sure we have given up a sack yet this year. We might need one soon who knows? but this doesn’t need to be priority #1.

This whole Mora schitcik “I stand behind QB“ and never want him to look over shoulder? Dude, we are one of the worst teams in college according to pollsters without solid play at the QB for 7 or more years. What Joe did last week regardless of who we played was impressive!

Let Joe start w/ hot hand.
Thanks Mrs F.

Reaction Score
Its been like this forever, a lot of it is that we got burned frequently by such types of runners at WVU, or USF, or so on. "if only we had a dual threat QB"... I don't remember how we beat RG3 twice because UConn traditionally got destroyed by running QBs.

Reaction Score
Its been like this forever, a lot of it is that we got burned frequently by such types of runners at WVU, or USF, or so on. "if only we had a dual threat QB"... I don't remember how we beat RG3 twice because UConn traditionally got destroyed by running QBs.
We used to get shredded up the middle on QB options. We were good on pass rush back in the day but our line was a step slow for elite QB run option guys. I remember Pat White used to gash us big time.

Reaction Score
Joe Fagnano is going to pull his mask off and it will be Steven Krajewski under there. Don't be blinded by the Merrimack game.
And I'd have gotten away with it too!! .. If it weren't for you meddling Boneyarders....

If it's Joe, he needs the fanbase behind him. If it's NIck, he needs the fanbase behind him. We're underdogs in this game, so everybody needs to be rowing in the same direction from the start if we're going to have a chance.

CL82

Reaction Score
Mora ain't gonna lose the lockerroom. I bet JF starts.
The clue to that was that he said that Evers wasn't fully healthy to start this week. If Joe has another good performance this week, , it will be tough to walk away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom