• Mcdonald

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Welliver

Votes: 53 22.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its been like this forever, a lot of it is that we got burned frequently by such types of runners at WVU, or USF, or so on. "if only we had a dual threat QB"... I don't remember how we beat RG3 twice because UConn traditionally got destroyed by running QBs.

Scott Lutrus & Greg Lloyd
Cody Brown also played very well against their AA OT Smith

Reaction Score
Joe Fagnano is going to pull his mask off and it will be Steven Krajewski under there. Don't be blinded by the Merrimack game.

Thanks Mrs F.

Ummm….. Maybe it was different games we we watching but Joe was no Steve K. He didn’t overthrow receivers by 10 yards and occasionally hit one downfield.

I though Joe looked like a pro last week - we haven’t had someone hit those kind of passes with that consistency since Dan O.

I‘m all in for Joe.

Reaction Score
Yes, it was only one game and it was against UMD, but I didn't see anything special when Ecers ran the ball.
Looked more like a pocket passer scrambling than a real threat to move the chains when he took off running.

He looked like The Weeknd in that Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Lost.

I didn’t see one single promising thing from him other than he didn’t seem to quit.

Reaction Score
Thanks Mrs F.
Is there some reason you have trouble disagreeing with people without implying that because they disagree with you they must have a personal bias of some type? Is there a name for that type of disorder?

Reaction Score
Scott Lutrus & Greg Lloyd
Lawrence "Bama" Wilson

In the first game Darius Buttler put a hit on RG3 near the sideline that put RG3 down for a while. Put his facemask right between his numbers and drilled him. He drew a very questionable flag, but RG3 knew the price of taking on that UCONN defense.

In that same game our safety, Deleston I believe, broke a receiver in two right at the end of the second half. I don't think that kid played for the rest of the game.

That was back when UCONN played a very physical brand of football.

Reaction Score
In the first game Darius Buttler put a hit on RG3 near the sideline that put RG3 down for a while. Put his facemask right between his numbers and drilled him. He drew a very questionable flag, but RG3 knew the price of taking on that UCONN defense.

In that same game our safety, Deleston I believe, broke a receiver in two right at the end of the second half. I don't think that kid played for the rest of the game.

That was back when UCONN played a very physical brand of football.
We need to play that way, yes, but now we have the Targeting penalty in the mix. And frankly, on the road, vs. ACC, once their QB even looks down at the ground, he’s evidently started his slide - beware of trying to send a message.

So, we may have played a physical brand of football but the rules have changed too.

I’ve been disappointed with the # of targeting penalties we’ve had this year already.

Play hard football but our guys need to stay on the field to play the game / play smart of D when going after QB who tucks and runs.

Reaction Score
Is there some reason you have trouble disagreeing with people without implying that because they disagree with you they must have a personal bias of some type? Is there a name for that type of disorder?

Better than Mr. F.

Attachments

• IMG_5498.jpeg
    IMG_5498.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 47

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Boneyardia?

Reaction Score
Yes, it’s called being a lawyer

Reaction Score
boy am i glad JM is the coach and not one of us - he has said exactly what he needed to say, to keep his options open while not demoralizing one qb or the other.

I say he milks the concussion one more week and uses it as cover to get one last HARD look at Joe, before making the ACTUAL decision on who leads the team in 2024.

Reaction Score
Ummm….. Maybe it was different games we we watching but Joe was no Steve K. He didn’t overthrow receivers by 10 yards and occasionally hit one downfield.

I though Joe looked like a pro last week - we haven’t had someone hit those kind of passes with that consistency since Dan O.

I‘m all in for Joe.
I emphasized the important part of your comment. Fagnano is who we thought he was. Merrimack is better or worse than our 2nd string?

Reaction Score
I emphasized the important part of your comment. Fagnano is who we thought he was. Merrimack is better or worse than our 2nd string?
I am not sure that I totally get it but either way I hope to find out if Joe was made to look like Tom Brady because of Merrimack or do we have a QB that can come in and deliver!

My biggest concern evers was this premature rolling out and passes that weren’t terrible but off by about a yard. Our receiving team needs to be hit in the numbers.

Can’t wait to get to the bottom of this tomorrow at 6 PM

Reaction Score
QB accuracy with the ball is the most important thing to me. JF missed badly on 2 short throws vs Maryland. Evers was wild high and looked way out of sorts. Last game JF put the ball where it needed to be on a variety of throws. Does Evers weigh 200 lbs? How many hits can you take at that size unless you are so fast no one can get a hit on you like Pat White? Evers did not show any elusivity. We need a good passing attack. The RBs can run the ball. I'd start JF this week.

Reaction Score
QB accuracy with the ball is the most important thing to me. JF missed badly on 2 short throws vs Maryland. Evers was wild high and looked way out of sorts. Last game JF put the ball where it needed to be on a variety of throws. Does Evers weigh 200 lbs? How many hits can you take at that size unless you are so fast no one can get a hit on you like Pat White? Evers did not show any elusivity. We need a good passing attack. The RBs can run the ball. I'd start JF this week.
Yeah Evers doesn't strike me as having game changing speed but he is quicker than fagnano and I don't think we'd have as many run principles in our offense if it weren't for Evers in mind

Reaction Score
Yeah Evers doesn't strike me as having game changing speed but he is quicker than fagnano and I don't think we'd have as many run principles in our offense if it weren't for Evers in mind
After all this discussion and the game later today, maybe if Evers ready, start Joe and have Evers come in during the game. Mix it up a little bit.

Mora makes me cringe when he gets all preachy, yes preachy about how a starting QB doesn’t have to “look over his shoulder.”

Dude, he looked good in PRESEASON/PRACTICE and we are not playing against the UCONN D but top tier teams. Start the QB that gives us best chance to win. Joe made quite a case to at least start the game. Forget about “looking over the shoulder” as everything we did last year led us to a miserable season. Yes it wasn’t just QB play but fair to say that QB has been one of our weakest positions for many years.

Let’s go today! I don’t care at this point but just hoping we learn from the past and don’t repeat it!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Honestly I feel like this is a great situation for UConn to be in. When's the last time we had controversy over starting QB that isn't which one is the lesser of two evils?
Meh....I don't feel like it's a QB controversy over which good QB to start. Evers looked bad vs MD. Joe looked great vs a FCS team. Evers is being based on his a HS stars and previous schools while Joe is being based on his FCS stats. Not really a QB battle your excited to have IMO

Reaction Score
After years of squeaking by fcs teams - and sometimes not - we have posters who want to downplay Joe's performance last week

And Merrimack came off a game where they held Air Force to 21 pts in altitude

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Jim....can we please get an official announcement please? It's almost noon!! Clearly the BY deserves an official answer! :D

Reaction Score
Jim....can we please get an official announcement please? It's almost noon!! Clearly the BY deserves an official answer! :D
We should know at least 15 minutes before game who is starting. My guess is Fagano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom