The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
But but but Ohtani pitches, and if he were on the Yankees he would have over 100 hrs by now and an era under 1 and be batting over .400 and Yankees would be ahead of the Astros.
I know they would never do it because of risk of injury, but once they have the division wrapped and the HR record sealed, I would love for judge to be able to pitch 1 inning just so we can call him a 2 way player lmao. I bet he’d be able to throw 95+

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
His name...is Harrison Bader!
Dude has been a Pirates killer for years. Couldn't have timed his return to action any better. Thought maybe getting his hair cut would sap that former Cardinal black magic.

Btw, I did mention earlier that our pen sucks, right?

And hey, pitch to Cruz already.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Dude has been a Pirates killer for years. Couldn't have timed his return to action any better. Thought maybe getting his hair cut would sap that former Cardinal black magic.

Btw, I did mention earlier that our pen sucks, right?

And hey, pitch to Cruz already.
I had no clue that Ke'Bryan was the son of Charlie Hayes. lol

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Like I said, our bullpen SUCKS.

Three best guys all injured. At least Bednar comes back on Friday. But Crowe has no business closing.

That said, I can see why you Yankee fans get frustrated. Your guys swing at a lot of crap.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had no clue that Ke'Bryan was the son of Charlie Hayes. lol
Will Crowe is related to HoFer Red Ruffing. His kid's middle name is Ruffing.

Crowe didn't get the pitching genes though.

Reaction Score
I think we're witnessing the greatest home run hitter ever. Only thing that's slowed him down is injuries. He hit 52 as a rookie in what should've been an MVP season and he's 20 homers clear from #2 this season. He's just a tick behind McGwire and Ruth for homers per at bat in his career. If he can stay healthy we're going to see some more insane homer totals coming in the upcoming seasons, it better be in pinstripes.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think we're witnessing the greatest home run hitter ever. Only thing that's slowed him down is injuries. He hit 52 as a rookie in what should've been an MVP season and he's 20 homers clear from #2 this season. He's just a tick behind McGwire and Ruth for homers per at bat in his career. If he can stay healthy we're going to see some more insane homer totals coming in the upcoming seasons, it better be in pinstripes.
Ruth hit 46 HR per 162 games, Judge is currently at 49 HR per 162 for his career. So Judge is actually hitting at a higher clip than the great bambino.

Granted, Ruth maintained that pace for a 20 year career in an era where most teams didn’t even hit 46 HRs per year. But it’s still insane what Judge has managed to do in his short career so far.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
stanton-giancarlo-02222018-us-news-getty-ftr_1vfp5sbqvd81i1u3e23pjvigoj.jpg

'Gleyber is completely useless btw,'

'I mean Stanton hurt again, Benetendi out more than likely for good, Rizzo headaches from the epidural. Why even make the playoffs this team is dreadful.'

'This team is still trash btw, ... Montas is trash, Holmes magic is gone. Team is put together with scotch tape trying strike fire at the right time'

'Spring training lineup. The front office is a joke and the team stinks'

e193a6c5162fa8c58812f076d4b2492d--german-shepherd-dogs-german-shepherds.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
one of my unks middle name is Harrison.
i like the feel that this new guy brings.

he's all refined now, and prettied up in pinstripes, but underneath....
bader-usatsi.png

thanks mr cashman.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ruth hit 46 HR per 162 games, Judge is currently at 49 HR per 162 for his career. So Judge is actually hitting at a higher clip than the great bambino.
I think a better way to compare is:

PA per HR: Ruth 14.88 /Judge 14.22
AB per HR: Ruth 11.76 /Judge 11.91

It's obviously very close, but Ruth was walked once every 5.15 PAs, while Judge is only walked once every 6.83 PAs, so "games played" doesn't tell the full story. Ruth is still a tad better when given pitches to hit.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I think a better way to compare is:

PA per HR: Ruth 14.88 /Judge 14.22
AB per HR: Ruth 11.76 /Judge 11.91

It's obviously very close, but Ruth was walked once every 5.15 PAs, while Judge is only walked once every 6.83 PAs, so "games played" doesn't tell the full story. Ruth is still a tad better when given pitches to hit.
So, home runs/AB they are the same.

Reaction Score
Eight years $300 million.

My gut tells me that the Yanks already have a firm ceiling on what they will be willing to pay and if some team exceeds that, Judge walks.

I hate the idea beyond description but I can see Hal/Cashman pulling this crap and then trying to spin it as fiscal responsibility.
"I can see Hal/Cashman pulling this crap and then trying to spin it as fiscal responsibility."

I think it's important to keep in mind that a third key player is Randy Levine. Supposedly NYY's business/political guy as president, he plays a strong behind-the-scenes role in team transactions. My gut feeling is that he'll have more weight with Steinbrenner on a Judge deal than Cashman. That was strengthened the other day by Levine surfacing in a relatively uncommon interview to talk about Judge's worth.

As for the contract, I would guess NY will agree to pay Judge a record per year salary - the catch will be # of years as the team has expressed concern over how a larger player like him will physically handle wear and tear in his late 30's.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
stanton-giancarlo-02222018-us-news-getty-ftr_1vfp5sbqvd81i1u3e23pjvigoj.jpg

'Gleyber is completely useless btw,'

'I mean Stanton hurt again, Benetendi out more than likely for good, Rizzo headaches from the epidural. Why even make the playoffs this team is dreadful.'

'This team is still trash btw, ... Montas is trash, Holmes magic is gone. Team is put together with scotch tape trying strike fire at the right time'

'Spring training lineup. The front office is a joke and the team stinks'

e193a6c5162fa8c58812f076d4b2492d--german-shepherd-dogs-german-shepherds.jpg
You get a like for the German Shepard pic.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
im not really sure how all this stat stuff is measured. mebbe it's all aboot who and how they do the measuring.
i checked my usual place and i found this, HR%:

'percentage of all plate appearances a home run was hit'
Stanton - 13 years, 6.3%
Giancarlo Stanton Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com
Judge - 7 years, 7%
Aaron Judge Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com
Ruth - 22 years, 6.7%
Babe Ruth Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com

not sure what all this stat stuff means, all only to say that Giancarlo is pretty dang good too, only two years older than Aaron, and also on our squad.

history would indicate that we're called 'the bombers' for a reason.
truth in advertising, an all that.

youse should provide a link or something when u toss around data, given some of youse records on stuff is questionable to the logic seeking observer.
10_Spock.jpg

are those spaghetti sauce stains on his shirt in this pic? hmm, more human than his stats may indicate.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
im not really sure how all this stat stuff is measured. mebbe it's all aboot who and how they do the measuring.
i checked my usual place and i found this, HR%:

'percentage of all plate appearances a home run was hit'
Stanton - 13 years, 6.3%
Giancarlo Stanton Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com
Judge - 7 years, 7%
Aaron Judge Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com
Ruth - 22 years, 6.7%
Babe Ruth Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More | Baseball-Reference.com

not sure what all this stat stuff means, all only to say that Giancarlo is pretty dang good too, only two years older than Aaron, and also on our squad.

history would indicate that we're called 'the bombers' for a reason.
truth in advertising, an all that.

youse should provide a link or something when u toss around data, given some of youse records on stuff is questionable to the logic seeking observer.
10_Spock.jpg

are those spaghetti sauce stains on his shirt in this pic? hmm, more human than his stats may indicate.
My data comes from baseball-reference.com , the exact site you get yours from lol

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Ruth hit his 60th homer in game 154.

Judge hits his 60th home run in game 147.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"I can see Hal/Cashman pulling this crap and then trying to spin it as fiscal responsibility."

I think it's important to keep in mind that a third key player is Randy Levine. Supposedly NYY's business/political guy as president, he plays a strong behind-the-scenes role in team transactions. My gut feeling is that he'll have more weight with Steinbrenner on a Judge deal than Cashman. That was strengthened the other day by Levine surfacing in a relatively uncommon interview to talk about Judge's worth.

As for the contract, I would guess NY will agree to pay Judge a record per year salary - the catch will be # of years as the team has expressed concern over how a larger player like him will physically handle wear and tear in his late 30's.
Levine's out of character commentary has me even more concerned.

It was framed to sound like a public assurance to Judge that the team would do right by him (to prevent the possibility of another team presenting Judge a huge offer with the caveat that it is off the table if he leaves without signing) but the statement "Judge must realize that being a Yankee benefits him just as he benefits the Yankees" sounds like the negotiations will include "being in the largest media market with the sport's most historic franchise is worth millions beyond what we will pay you. Our offer is worth more than someone else's even if theirs is for more money".

That won't end well for Yankee fans

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
My data comes from baseball-reference.com , the exact site you get yours from lol
What's your point? You looked at it from games played, I broke it down to PAs/ABs.

Anyway, stats are limited. You could say Ruth benefited from not having to face Blacks, or different relievers every time up or being protected by Gehrig. You could say Judge benefits from the general HR-friendliness of his home park and being an enormous bulked up human fueled by modern science instead of hot dogs and beer.

Point is I simply drilled down to more than simple games played. That's all. Not trying to incite emotions here. I have no emotional investment in the outcome. I'll simply add that Ruth changed the way baseball was played. Judge won't have that effect.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
What's your point? You looked at it from games played, I broke it down to PAs/ABs.

Anyway, stats are limited. You could say Ruth benefited from not having to face Blacks, or different relievers every time up or being protected by Gehrig. You could say Judge benefits from the general HR-friendliness of his home park and being an enormous bulked up human fueled by modern science instead of hot dogs and beer.

Point is I simply drilled down to more than simple games played. That's all. Not trying to incite emotions here. I have no investment in the outcome.
Lmao chill. I was responding to the dude who is smokin the reefer who asked we cite our sources (when there is really only one source for comprehensive historical baseball data)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Lmao chill. I was responding to the dude who is smokin the reefer who asked we cite our sources (when there is really only one source for comprehensive historical baseball data)
Apologies then. Didn't see a post quoted. Maybe someone I'm ignoring.

Looking forward to seeing how Contreras fares tonight. And that Crowe gets DFAd and Shelton fired, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom