The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 20 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Reaction Score
He’s done “surfing” after a win lol so predictable and yet I’m the moron. Can’t make this crap up.

Hang 10 FF

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
He’s done “surfing” after a win lol so predictable and yet I’m the moron. Can’t make this crap up.

Hang 10 FF
man, u are lousy at this.
8/11/22. here, at the thread where i threw down the gauntlet by saying 'gimme these six guys, and i'll win a dang first round game.' didn't see you, or anyone else touch that thought.
'ok, i'll leave now. grabbin the board and heading out to surf. NOAA tells us that the first gusts and curls are poppin in the equatorial Atlantic, and it's time for us to see for ourselves. prolly discover a new pizza joint along the way.'

and yes, we did discover a za joint or two that were absolutely outstanding.

Reaction Score
man, u are lousy at this.
8/11/22. here, at the thread where i threw down the gauntlet by saying 'gimme these six guys, and i'll win a dang first round game.' didn't see you, or anyone else touch that thought.
'ok, i'll leave now. grabbin the board and heading out to surf. NOAA tells us that the first gusts and curls are poppin in the equatorial Atlantic, and it's time for us to see for ourselves. prolly discover a new pizza joint along the way.'

and yes, we did discover a za joint or two that were absolutely outstanding.

Joints and surfing excellent..baseball though you’re lost. Still like you somehow through being called a moron by one :D

Reaction Score
Its a blip, 5-0 Jays already Montas always letting the leadoff man on.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I hope I’m wrong about this, but it seems Waldichuck would have been more valuable to the team this year out of the pen than “upgrading” our 3rd/4th starter from Monty to Montas… that trade of Waldichuck is going to look worse and worse as the years go by. Mark my words.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hope I’m wrong about this, but it seems Waldichuck would have been more valuable to the team this year out of the pen than “upgrading” our 3rd/4th starter from Monty to Montas… that trade of Waldichuck is going to look worse and worse as the years go by. Mark my words.
Montas was supposed to be a two. Unfortunately, he hasn't pitched like one.

Reaction Score
Montas was supposed to be a two. Unfortunately, he hasn't pitched like one.

He needs to pitch like the guy that has a 2.40 ERA versus Houston in his career. Has to change soon they are in complete shambles. Lucky to win the East

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I had a terrible feeling about Montas as soon as I heard his stats with the A's were far better at home than on the road. For a few reasons Oakland is a very pitcher friendly ballpark. There is more foul territory there than Yankee. Fenway and Camden Yards combined. The outfield (especially power alleys) are deep and afternoon games have shadows that impact the batter's vision.

I'm accepting the reality that Cashman will have his job until he's ready to retire but he should be forbidden from ever trading for an Oakland A's pitcher again.

Reaction Score
it's official. u r insane. and joyless. yup, you're insane and joyless. with dry feet. yup, insane and joyless, but with dry feet, so there's that.

I’m insane huh? And a moron huh? Not good at this huh?

Called it a long time ago I’m afraid Cliffy Stiffy. Shut out yet again and now up 7 in the loss column. The pitching has hung in there not great but good enough to win if this team could hit. Judge cools off and they’re just not that good.

But hey they should be fine once the playoffs start :rolleyes:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I’m insane huh? And a moron huh? Not good at this huh?

Called it a long time ago I’m afraid Cliffy Stiffy. Shut out yet again and now up 7 in the loss column. The pitching has hung in there not great but good enough to win if this team could hit. Judge cools off and they’re just not that good.

But hey they should be fine once the playoffs start :rolleyes:
So you are admitting you have dry feet? ;)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Shut out for the 5th time this month. Now 6 series this month without a series win. Ugh.

I was really hoping that walk off slam was going to get this team out of the funk. Guess I got my hopes up too soon.

At this point, I hope the wheels fall all the way off and they miss the postseason. Because I think that’s about the only thing that might get Hal to consider a new front office staff (which we as a fan base desperately need)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Your manager is well overrated as well we don’t want either. Rosters offensively healthy I would make that trade. Well prior to injuries and trades at least.
If you had our guy, you'd be 5 games better now, minimum.

Reaction Score
If you had our guy, you'd be 5 games better now, minimum.

Nah as I said overrated. He was solid with garbage cans and cameras though I agree. It’s not the manager it’s crappy hitters and baseball players. But feel free to jack off on the guy 15 games back of an awful team lol

Reaction Score
Improvement from the lineup have a run and leaving men on base lol.

Reaction Score
Improvement from the lineup have a run and leaving men on base lol.
Lineup puts up 2 runs yay. I won’t blame Cole for the loss but his entire demeanor changes when 1 thing doesn’t go his way, like the leadoff double he gave up where Jays scored 4 runs thus ending the game. Yes he works hard and is fiery but he lets things get to him too easily. I’m calling it right the Jays are winning this division, hopefully I do jinx them, I’m just calling what I see right now honestly.

Reaction Score
Off the charts exit velocity on that table smack:

Well that’s good to see and Boone is hardly the problem this year now where was this a month ago doing some things that should’ve been done a long as time ago such as batting Judge 3rd, calling up Cabrera earlier, and getting rid of Gallo in June.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
“we don’t score, it’s tough to win” - Aaron Boone

analytics department runs their models

“We’ll actually based on our models for the teams we’ve created…” - some nerd who doesn’t understand baseball.

In all seriousness though, this is exactly how this team was built. They can score in spurts but they also don’t have the hitters capable of sustaining any type of rally when the balls aren’t leaving the park. So the disappearing act isn’t surprising.

And that’s the problem with a computer produced roster. Over 162, the end results can (and probably will this year) cover up any dry spells. But playoff baseball isn’t 162 games long. It’s 5-7 games max. The front office doesn't understand that, which is why a team built like ours is such a liability over any short sample of games and in October.

Reaction Score
Yankees are not happy that they only have the biggest playoffs collapse in baseball history, they want to have the biggest regular season collapse as well.

The Yankees were up by 15.5 games in early July.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I have a question that not long ago would have been viewed as a joke: can this team get to 90 wins this season? Considering that they hit 60 wins at basically the midpoint of the season the records of the first 81 games vs the last 81 (when compared at the end of the season) will be mind boggling.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Don’t worry. They will get to 90 wins and will make the playoffs. All just to break our hearts come October.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Are you sure they can go 17-24 the rest of the way?

Reaction Score
Yankees are not happy that they only have the biggest playoffs collapse in baseball history, they want to have the biggest regular season collapse as well.

The Yankees were up by 15.5 games in early July.

The Sox of 2011 had a 9 game lead early September and went 7-20 thereafter. And they were up 14 1/2 games on the Yanks in ‘78. Plenty of other collapses and honesty those teams were better than this Yankee team. This was bound to happen with this roster I never doubted it was coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bballmicmac

Top Bottom