The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 22 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Reaction Score
More good news, Yankee fans. I'm out of the country this week and won't be able to make it to Coliseum to see the Yanks play Oakland ;-). Maybe this mini win streak can continue

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What ever happened to Oneil Cruz?
Revisiting this... earlier in week Cruz hit a 366 ft HR on a 41 degree launch angle that peaked at 152 ft arc.

Then today:

Dude is a unicorn. If he ever puts it together regarding pitch recognition, holy hell.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Revisiting this... earlier in week Cruz hit a 366 ft HR on a 41 degree launch angle that peaked at 152 ft arc.

Then today:

Dude is a unicorn. If he ever puts it together regarding pitch recognition, holy hell.
Nice hustle out of the box there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nice hustle out of the box there.
Hustle hasn't been an issue with Cruz at all. I'm confident he thought that was gone. It would've been an HR in 26 other parks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Nasty Nestor....see ya!!

:(
this feels a lot like the looie thing, where he was mad at being put on 60 day. management said, 'u've had some stuff in the recent past, so, go home, take a hot shower, and go to bed. u can watch the tv if u like, cuz we don't need u now.'
i think the same for nestor. he's at career high in innings, i think, and has some minor stuff annoying him.
'go home, nestor, put ur jammies on. u, too, can watch the tube if u like.'

in the meantime, with no looming disasters of a real kind, as opposed to fake disasters of a new yak media kind, it gives them a chance to try out some new arms, and looks.
13 runs? looks like g is back. it only takes a tiny bit of cider vinegar to make pounds of potato salad taste right.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
this feels a lot like the looie thing, where he was mad at being put on 60 day. management said, 'u've had some stuff in the recent past, so, go home, take a hot shower, and go to bed. u can watch the tv if u like, cuz we don't need u now.'
i think the same for nestor. he's at career high in innings, i think, and has some minor stuff annoying him.
'go home, nestor, put ur jammies on. u, too, can watch the tube if u like.'

in the meantime, with no looming disasters of a real kind, as opposed to fake disasters of a new yak media kind, it gives them a chance to try out some new arms, and looks.
13 runs? looks like g is back. it only takes a tiny bit of cider vinegar to make pounds of potato salad taste right.
Potato salad is disgusting in all stylies.

Reaction Score
Nasty Nestor....see ya!!

:(
Nah. It's a well deserved vacation for Nestor.

His previous season total innings:

'16: 106
'17: 104 2/3
'18: 115
'19: 111 2/3
'20: 7 2/3
'21: 108
'22: 131

Clarke Schmidt has only pitched 66 innings this season, so with the Yankees' lead it's a good time to rest Nestor, stretch out Schmidt a bit and then bring Nestor back right before the @ Red Sox series on 9/13 to allow him three weeks to stretch back before the playoffs.

BTW, well timed west coast trip for me. It's the crazy part of the school year and we do a three night overnight in NJ next week and return in time for Twins/Yankees during Gleyber Day weekend.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Nah. It's a well deserved vacation for Nestor.

His previous season total innings:

'16: 106
'17: 104 2/3
'18: 115
'19: 111 2/3
'20: 7 2/3
'21: 108
'22: 131

Clarke Schmidt has only pitched 66 innings this season, so with the Yankees' lead it's a good time to rest Nestor, stretch out Schmidt a bit and then bring Nestor back right before the @ Red Sox series on 9/13 to allow him three weeks to stretch back before the playoffs.

BTW, well timed west coast trip for me. It's the crazy part of the school year and we do a three night overnight in NJ next week and return in time for Twins/Yankees during Gleyber Day weekend.
yes, but how do you feel aboot potato salad?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Britton made it through 10 pitches during a rehab assignment before having to leave with the trainer. Chapman getting an infection from a tattoo and off to the 15 day IL for him. Hopefully Holmes regains his confidence when he returns because we’re going to need him.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Britton made it through 10 pitches during a rehab assignment before having to leave with the trainer. Chapman getting an infection from a tattoo and off to the 15 day IL for him. Hopefully Holmes regains his confidence when he returns because we’re going to need him.
hehe, hey chappy! go soak ur leg in epsom salts, and chomp on some antibiotics! eat more yogurt, too!
we've got sooo many arms floating around, why, it's an arm-y!
as of now, mr german is thought of for bullpen duty in the playoffs.
nice to not only see mr boones faith in his judgement on johnny lasagna, but also johnny's proving him correct.
man down, next man up.

Reaction Score
1 hit through 11 innings, only scored 2 runs because of wild pitches this lineup still sucks need to rely on Judge homering every game, you know they will give Stanton 2 days off a week I'm sure.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Duffey is the third right-hander to join the Yankees organization in the past 24 hours, as both Chi Chi Gonzalez and Jacob Barnes agreed to minor league contracts with the Yanks just last night.'
Yankees to sign reliever Tyler Duffey following release by Twins

cash and rocky on the job 24/7.
as usual, lots of horse races in the league heading into september, all of them bullpen dependent.
what aren't they loading up on arms? stuff happens on the injury front all the time.
there could be a tsunami, cane, earthquake, emp, hail, locusts and frogs, at any time, but we are always all 'nevermind' at my home.
pantry always loaded up. wells, firewood, mebbe sum chateu briand, poully fuisse, montrachet, doritos, and, most important, lots of cans of mushrooms. always.
except for the chocolate covered devil dogs. hard to find lately.
now, that's a shortage.
time for a golf vacay. of course, near the saltwater.
mebbe i'll get that back to back sub 80's this time. who knows? who cares. not my biggest concern.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
No doubt that Brian Cashman buys all his brand name clothing from goodwill.

Reaction Score
'Duffey is the third right-hander to join the Yankees organization in the past 24 hours, as both Chi Chi Gonzalez and Jacob Barnes agreed to minor league contracts with the Yanks just last night.'
Yankees to sign reliever Tyler Duffey following release by Twins

cash and rocky on the job 24/7.
as usual, lots of horse races in the league heading into september, all of them bullpen dependent.
what aren't they loading up on arms? stuff happens on the injury front all the time.
there could be a tsunami, cane, earthquake, emp, hail, locusts and frogs, at any time, but we are always all 'nevermind' at my home.
pantry always loaded up. wells, firewood, mebbe sum chateu briand, poully fuisse, montrachet, doritos, and, most important, lots of cans of mushrooms. always.
except for the chocolate covered devil dogs. hard to find lately.
now, that's a shortage.
time for a golf vacay. of course, near the saltwater.
mebbe i'll get that back to back sub 80's this time. who knows? who cares. not my biggest concern.

You’re one creative sonoma beech!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Wow, tonight was a castration with rusty grade-school scissors. You know, those little all-metal jobbers.

Errors by Donaldson and IKF. Then Coles' mentally weak pitch to Ohtani.

And the top of the 9th there.

Gack!!

Reaction Score
Wow, tonight was a castration with rusty grade-school scissors. You know, those little all-metal jobbers.

Errors by Donaldson and IKF. Then Coles' mentally weak pitch to Ohtani.

And the top of the 9th there.

Gack!!

3 hits ..... no Judge HR ..... no W

Unless teams are behind in the game and people are on base he’s not going to see any good pitches. No one else scares them. But hey Cashman signed a couple of pitchers others didn’t want right? Lol he’s the problem per usual.

Reaction Score
3 hits ..... no Judge HR ..... no W

Unless teams are behind in the game and people are on base he’s not going to see any good pitches. No one else scares them. But hey Cashman signed a couple of pitchers others didn’t want right? Lol he’s the problem per usual.
Judge even stole 2nd in the 9th after being walked, I guess he should’ve stolen 3rd and homeplate I guess.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My bad...Oswald comin'.

All MLB rosters expanded today.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You know who also made it to The Show today? Yep, Ken Waldichuk!

Started for the A's today. Went 4 2/3 innings striking out 6 and throwing 93 pitches. The bullpen blew it, tho. We have Frankie Montas, tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom