The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I like this pitcher Sears they’re bringing up today. Lefty and pretty much dominating in Scranton. Hope he’s up in the show for a while bc he has some really good stuff.

Reaction Score
Grand Torino Trevino!!!!!! First time this team has faced adversity, we’ll see how they respond.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Geez half the team is either on the Covid list or IL all of a sudden?

Reaction Score
Stanton on DL of course every year, used to it by now. Go trade for Juan Soto and yes I would still keep Judge, screw the luxury tax.

Reaction Score
Great start by Sears yesterday. Really seemed composed out there and continually pounded the strike zone. Nice to know that there is that kind of talent in the minors for when one of the starters goes down. Also nice to Miguel Andujar taking advantage of his opportunity to play. It would be a huge boost for the lineup if he can get close to the player we saw his rookie year.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Is Tampa offense weak....or is Yankee pitching that good? Thank goodness for Holmes...he looks amazing.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is Tampa offense weak....or is Yankee pitching that good? Thank goodness for Holmes...he looks amazing.
Whaddup Holmes has been electric since coming over from the Buccos. Had high walk rates until getting to NY. Crossing fingers for him. MLB Network pondered if he should stay as closer when Aroldis returns.

I think the Rays were counting on their pitching to carry them and then hope to score 4 to 5 runs each game. I bought fantasy stock in Shane McClanahan. Really looking forward to seeing him tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Just got 7 runs in 36 innings versus the Rays that’s your Yankees offense guys!
Yep can only rely on Judge and Stanton going into GOD MODE for so long, several times having a runner on 1st and 3rd with less then 2 out and not driving them in, against a team like Tampa they will make you pay.

Reaction Score
4.5 ahead of TB and 6.5 ahead of Jays still a lot of season left, no sense in panic but team needs to have urgency all year long those teams arent going away, go make moves before those teams do.

Reaction Score
The team's offense is very bad. Regularly running players in the 6-9 slots who are hitting at least 20% worse than league average for their positions. And that was before the injuries to Stanton and Donaldson.

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to watching Ohtani pitch today. Getting a chance to see him and Trout play is a real treat.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What an ending in Game 2. Rizzo with a 2 rabbi hit to get the lead and then Clay Holmes makes a good pitch to get out #3 in the top of the 9th.

Yankees sweep!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Haven’t been into this thread. I’ve been busy hallucinating that the Yankees are for real. And Cortes is an illusion. I wonder if Maddon thinks the Yankees gave up stealing signs in the second game.

Reaction Score
Haven’t been into this thread. I’ve been busy hallucinating that the Yankees are for real. And Cortes is an illusion. I wonder if Maddon thinks the Yankees gave up stealing signs in the second game.

That whole thing with Maddon was strange. In his press conference he "complimented" the Yankees for being very good at picking up pitchers' signs the natural way. But his animated discussion with the umpires during the game didn't look like a guy who thought the opposing team was doing nothing wrong.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If a pitcher is tipping his pitches, that's on him. If the opponent is cheating to steal signs (and relay that info to the batter), call them out legitimately. A passive aggressive comment like Maddon's is BS.

Also, whether pitches are being tipped off by the pitcher or signs are being stolen, there is an easy way to fix this (which is why I felt the Yankees, if they suspected Houston should have resolved it early instead of complaining after the fact).

Signal an outside breaking ball and have the pitcher throw an inside fastball (the pitcher & catcher need to coordinate this in advance to avoid a cross up). Do this once and no batter will trust a stolen sign.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If a pitcher is tipping his pitches, that's on him. If the opponent is cheating to steal signs (and relay that info to the batter), call them out legitimately. A passive aggressive comment like Maddon's is BS.

Also, whether pitches are being tipped off by the pitcher or signs are being stolen, there is an easy way to fix this (which is why I felt the Yankees, if they suspected Houston should have resolved it early instead of complaining after the fact).

Signal an outside breaking ball and have the pitcher throw an inside fastball (the pitcher & catcher need to coordinate this in advance to avoid a cross up). Do this once and no batter will trust a stolen sign.
If the Yankees are stealing signs, I shudder to think what Gallo and Hicks could do without it.

Reaction Score
Angels bending over for the Jays losing 4 straight in LA then trying to come into Yankee stadium trying to steal a game, screw you Maddon take the broom with you.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Maddon has to do something to try to stop the slide. All BS. They leave NY with an 8 game losing streak.

Reaction Score
Maddon has to do something to try to stop the slide. All BS. They leave NY with an 8 game losing streak.
I get it but it’s none of my business being a Yankees fan. I got no sympathy after the Angels got swept by the Jays. Yankees should make it a priority to embarrass teams that lose to your division opponents.

Reaction Score
What a run of starting pitching. Severino follows the gems from Taillon and Cole with a gem of his own. Granted, this is not against the league's best line-up, but they are still major league hitters that are being made to look bad. I don't remember, including the '98 team, that had as much firepower as this team's starting rotation. Of course, even with King & Holmes pitching so brilliantly, I'd still rather have Mo closing things out. Folks rightly pay attention to what Judge is doing, but it's been the pitching that has brought the Yankees to this torrid start. Fingers crossed that they can stay healthy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this is kind of the 'most perpetually dumb posters' thread around.
let's review:
'they're in.' stated back when the threat of snow was real.

keep them doggies rollin.
our pitchin kinda makes u want to jump up on a table and breakdance a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom