The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So what do you make of that?

I’m not sold. They are beating up bad teams. And…so far they haven’t had injuries.

I like the IKF addition and the Sanchez subtraction. Defense is overall better and pitching has exceeded expectations.

I need to see them able to hit Tampa and Toronto pitching before I think they have a shot to do more than 90 wins and an early playoff exit.
Health + defense + excellent pitching so far is something to be hopeful about. They are beating the teams they are playing.

Cole, Sevy, Nasty Nestor, Monty and Taillon...gotta takem' and know the stellar 'pen is ready.

But my question...what the hell does Gallo do?

Reaction Score
It's been great watching Gleyber finally seeming to remember how to hit. He drove home all three runs for the Yanks in tonight's win. He's playing with a ton of confidence right now.

On the other hand, while he seems like a nice enough guy, but I can't remember a guy that I was less excited to see come to the plate in a big situation than Aaron Hicks. Sometimes I actually root for him to strike out so that he doesn't hit into a double play. Fortunately, that wish seems to come true a lot with that guy.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
But my question...what the hell does Gallo do?

On the other hand, while he seems like a nice enough guy, but I can't remember a guy that I was less excited to see come to the plate in a big situation than Aaron Hicks.
These two are rally killers. Hicks looks the part...but he doesn't deliver. Hopefully his contract is up soon..that was a bad extension given by Cashman.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge continuing to make that bet he made on himself look like smart money. Guy is reminding everyone why he is one of the faces in baseball when he can stay on the field.

Reaction Score
In this current world of 'what have you done for me lately', one constant remains with our "favorite pastime" known as MLB... The season's a loooooong won... It's really more like a war than a battle... So far so good for my beloved Yankees...1 month down 5 months to go... off to a good start in Month 2... Let's keep going fellas...

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Love Gallo…sitting (even if it’s due to an injury). Has a good glove and seems like a good dude in the clubhouse but other than the occasional big fly, his at bats are truly gross.

One month into a long season, hopefully we can keep rolling and guys can stay healthy most importantly. I saw Sanchez and Voit have already had stints on the 10 day IL for their respective teams. Some things never change I guess.

Reaction Score
Aaron Judge continuing to make that bet he made on himself look like smart money. Guy is reminding everyone why he is one of the faces in baseball when he can stay on the field.
His haters are really quite right now, which includes some Yankee fans.

Reaction Score
His haters are really quite right now, which includes some Yankee fans.
I had a harsh reminder last year about this game. When Judge was struggling early on in the season ( around June last year IIRC ), there was plenty of chatter from Yankees fans about making a trade... I admittedly suggested Judge for Trout head up... There was a legit argument at the time (because Judge just wasn't producing... which happens in a 162 game MLB season... players are gonna slump) that Trout would/could be a better fit here... I admit today (and beyond) I was wrong... Judge is and should always be a NY Yankee... He's homegrown... I hope he smacks 50 plus HRs for us this year... at least 40 something HRs... and gets what he's asking for from King George's kids instead of what they offered. They should pay him what he wants instead of settling on what they want.... They've always gotten their way ( profit margins ) anyways...

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
As much as I dislike Boone’s constant platitudes and the verbiage he uses at times, I love when he comes out of the dugout and loses his mind on umps over balls and strikes. Maybe it’s the availability of k-zone on TV now but the home plate umps seem to be making some bad ball/strike calls these days. “He’s 6 f0ck!ng 7!!!”.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'while we're in the midst of an epic winning streak, which we will have again.'
'they're in.'
'but not us winning! expect more, lots more.'
'and oh, the early returns look like the pen may be the best in baseball.'

imagine that. all dat. back then.

'and, then there's this!
'The 26-year-old was a 2016 12th-round pick of the Miami Marlins but never reached the majors with the organization. In 2017, the Marlins traded King with international bonus slot money to the Yankees in exchange for Garrett Cooper and Caleb Smith.'

huh....

that ground ball giancarlo smoked to the shortstop to start that silly inning the other day (he missed the tag! he missed the tag!), was the single hardest hit ball in mlb this season. almost broke that guys arm.
exit velo an all that.
u don't say...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I had a harsh reminder last year about this game. When Judge was struggling early on in the season ( around June last year IIRC ), there was plenty of chatter from Yankees fans about making a trade... I admittedly suggested Judge for Trout head up... There was a legit argument at the time (because Judge just wasn't producing... which happens in a 162 game MLB season... players are gonna slump) that Trout would/could be a better fit here... I admit today (and beyond) I was wrong... Judge is and should always be a NY Yankee... He's homegrown... I hope he smacks 50 plus HRs for us this year... at least 40 something HRs... and gets what he's asking for from King George's kids instead of what they offered. They should pay him what he wants instead of settling on what they want.... They've always gotten their way ( profit margins ) anyways...
I love Judge too but he’s not worth $36M+ per year.

But the way this season looks, he’s on pace for a 0.290 BA w/ 50+ HR and over 100 RBI. That will give Cashman enough reason to shell out the check book. Jeter did the same thing and got paid.

Reaction Score
I love Judge too but he’s not worth $36M+ per year.

But the way this season looks, he’s on pace for a 0.290 BA w/ 50+ HR and over 100 RBI. That will give Cashman enough reason to shell out the check book. Jeter did the same thing and got paid.
Ummm, in today's financial climate, yes he is... Us normal tax paying citizens don't have the luxury to negotiate like that, but a talent like him does... Every year costs go up for pro athlete contracts... it just is what it is...

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Ummm, in today's financial climate, yes he is... Us normal tax paying citizens don't have the luxury to negotiate like that, but a talent like him does... Every year costs go up for pro athlete contracts... it just is what it is...
The guy is 30 and is a big dude. Will his body hold up for 7 years?

Reaction Score
This is baseball.. not football or basketball... just sayin... no matter how in shape players are nowadays in baseball, it's still baseball (our favorite passtime)

Reaction Score
Cortez was great again deserved a win. Rangers pitching isn’t very good but somehow the Yanks only got 5 runs and 13 hits in 26 innings but still win 2 of 3. But no HRs and no scoring that’s who they are. We can only hope the staff continues to be amazing.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Cortez was great again deserved a win. Rangers pitching isn’t very good but somehow the Yanks only got 5 runs and 13 hits in 26 innings but still win 2 of 3. But no HRs and no scoring that’s who they are. We can only hope the staff continues to be amazing.
ur brain is leaking fluids. good thing u got waterproof shoes.
yanks are near or at the mlb top in hr's, rs, rbi's, average, yadda, yadda.
their pitching? they and the dodgers are mid 2's in era, and no one else is under 3.
turrible.

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
No but you’re buying his next few good (hopefully healthy) years and at the end of his contract you hope he can be serviceable as he declines. Unless he’s like Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, Papi, etc who raked into their late 30’s, although they had some help of course…

I hope the Yankees and Judge can work it out. We need a home grown face of the franchise who is a star. Haven’t had one since Jeter retired.

Reaction Score
No but you’re buying his next few good (hopefully healthy) years and at the end of his contract you hope he can be serviceable as he declines. Unless he’s like Bonds, McGwire, Palmiero, Papi, etc who raked into their late 30’s, although they had some help of course…

I hope the Yankees and Judge can work it out. We need a home grown face of the franchise who is a star. Haven’t had one since Jeter retired.
Dave Winfield played into his 40s being a big guy. Playing right field and Dhing here and there that’s a chance I would take, it’s not football. Judges injury history is over hyped he broke a bone on a hbp. I take that chance then have Aaron Hicks for the next 4 years.

Reaction Score
They just have to be nearly perfect, the winning formula is pitch a shutout and hope to scratch out a run against the other teams pen. No need to have Hicks and Gallo on this team. You can already see the effect of not having Sanchez, the catchers lack of production at the plate you can live with.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score

I agree with wanting the homegrown talent to stay home. And it's almost impossible to imagine him in a different uniform.

And...I would definitely do it if Stanton wasn't on the team. But having over $110mm tied up in 3 guys for the next 5 years is tough.

But...they have the money and can figure it out. I am leaning towards thinking they should find a way to get him his deal, but I don't think I will be broken hearted if he left. Especially it's for something like 9 years and $40mm per.

Reaction Score
ur brain is leaking fluids. good thing u got waterproof shoes.
yanks are near or at the mlb top in hr's, rs, rbi's, average, yadda, yadda.
their pitching? they and the dodgers are mid 2's in era, and no one else is under 3.
turrible.

Stick to writing Mumbo jumbo you’re lost in the game of baseball obviously. They have crappy hitters lots of them, HRs or nothing. The Jays have 3 against Severino already you like their chances in this one? Let’s see. Pitching has been great but if it drops off at they need to start at 30-15 to be in shape to hang on.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Stick to writing Mumbo jumbo you’re lost in the game of baseball obviously. They have crappy hitters lots of them, HRs or nothing. The Jays have 3 against Severino already you like their chances in this one? Let’s see. Pitching has been great but if it drops off at they need to start at 30-15 to be in shape to hang on.
'The Jays have 3 against Severino already you like their chances in this one?'
yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom